Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use the same foundation and it doesn't make me break out at all. I apply with clean hands, use Cover FX as a spot concealer and Physician's Formula powder to set. Blotting papers for oil during the day and powder touchups. I change or clean the sponge every couple of days or so to keep bacteria at a minimum. I also tried Bobbi Brown acne cover foundation and liked it, but the Revlon Colorstay worked a bit better for me for color match and is much cheaper.

I started using Revlon Colorstay about 2 months ago. And while the color match is PERFECT, I don't like the way it looks on my skin since it is pretty thin & runny. and once you apply it, you cant do touch ups later in the day as it clumps up and looks all weird. I switched from MAC Studio Fix Fluid which was a bit to orange on me since my skin is very light (I have the lightest shade and its still to dark) so I'm working on darkening my skin by tanning about 10 min a day so I can use it again because it looks WAY better on me :]

Also, I've tried the Revlon Colorstay mineral powder stuff. It's okay I guess. Maybelline Minerals isnt very good if you have dry skin or red spots because it only darkens them not covers. and those are the most recent ones I have tried. I'm a foundation junkie ;)

BTW I dont think Colorstay breaks me out..

Alright, so I don't think my answer is going to be as accurate, but I do want to tell you that I have been using Almay Clear Complexion Liquid foundation with 0.6% salicylic acid. I used it for like, a week earlier this year and although I liked it, it was a pain to get out. However, it didn't break ME out when I used it. I have to add a bit of my moisturizer to it (not really for moisture, but because it lightens the foundation enough for my VERY pale skin). It only has nine shades, but they seem to be very accurate for people with skin darker than mine. :P

thank you for your replies. I am wondering which big name brand that is a liquid foundation most people use and rave about how good the coverage is and how it does not break them out.

Okay so it's expensive...But right now i'm really loving Prescriptives (I had them custom blend me a shade with the coverage I wanted and all that) It's PERFECT.

Okay so it's expensive...But right now i'm really loving Prescriptives (I had them custom blend me a shade with the coverage I wanted and all that) It's PERFECT.

Argh, I need to start saving my money for this stuff, because I keep hearing about how great it is, lol.

I've been pretty happy with Prescriptives foundations, but I can't say with 100% certainty that I don't break out from it, since I am always breaking out anyway. But, when I had my acne under control, it didn't seem to make me break out. Does that make sense? :blink: I have used their Virtually Matte formula and am currently using the Virtually Fresh formula. I think the latter give better coverage.

While it's not really a liquid---- Clinique Clarifying makeup in the tube. I use the 04 light beige. It covers very well and lasts most of the day even on my oily skin. It seems a bit dry at first but after an hour or so, it seems much better. I don't love spending the 20 bucks on it, but it is well worth it. I have tried alot of dept store brands and still use the Almay clearing kind occasionally but it does not cover or last as well. I even tried the Estee Lauder doublewear? a few weeks ago and it seemed like light coverage compared to the Clinique. If you have oily skin which breaks out, you may love the Clinique clarifying. I use the wedge sponges. One side, the other side, then toss. You can purchase them from places like the dollar tree or Walmart.

MAC studiofix is soo good, it covers up my acne scars well.. and it doesnt cause pimples eitherrrr

Origins liquid foundation doesnt cover it as well tho

I use vichy and love it! It goes on SO LIGHT.. Atfirst it doesnt look like it will cover well, but you let it sit for a couple seconds and it hides everything.. Plus it HELPS your skin1

I just started using the L'Oreal True Match and I like it better than the Revlon Colorstay so far.. its WAY easier to blend and takes less time to apply. Also, I think it looks better on me at least....

I honestly wouldnt use any of that covergirl/revlon/ect crap. Id rather use something thats actually meant for bad skin or isn't going to do more damage. Like mineral make ups(the real kind, not covergirl or whatever that has extra ingredients),

I use EDM but when I want a change and decide to use liquid foundation I use Maybelline Pure Makeup foundation. It is inexpensive and it doesn't break me out. 50% of it is made with water, instead of oils that would otherwise clog pores. It works pretty well and it seems to have pretty buildable coverage for me. :D

I really liked Prescriptives.

I don't use it anymore I'm using edm now but i think prescriptives' liquid foundation is really good. I used it for a little more than 3yrs before switching.

I've read about MAC studiofix breaking out ALOT of people. May not break out everyone and I havn't tried it. I was actually watching Utube of a guy who swears studiofix will breakout your skin. He is a reputable makeup artist and worked for bare escentuals for years. Even claimed bare essentuals breaks out some as is evident if you read this board much. Possibly the bismuth or something in it. I think he claimed studiofix is great for occasions but not every day wear because of the ingredients.

I think the Colorstay kind of breaks me out as well but very slightly. My pores look very clogged after wearing it for a day. I'm telling you I love the Clinique clarifying. Makes the texture of my skin look great and the coverage is very good too. I've even fallen asleep in it for a few hours with no breakouts. You also may want to try dermablend if you want heavier coverage. I use the dermablend for concealer sometimes. I think it is the

Reflections type.

I've wanted so badly to like mineral makeup but can't seem to master the technique for application. It also seems to be much more of a task to apply it than the liquid.

I have Vichy Normateint, but I hardly use it since I found out it has Algae extract in it. I only use it as a conceiler every now and then, when I really HAVE to look better, but I have the idea it breaks me out. Not sure though, so not throwing it out yet....

For the rest of it I hardly use any foundation anymore. But if I wanted to cover my whole face, I'd buy minerals. Heard lancome has good stuff too, but waaaaay to pricey :)

I use neutogena Visably Even foundation. I really like it, and it's supposed to help even out your skin tone over time. I think it covers pretty good. I dont think it breaks me out. But, I use concealer stick and powder over it and i think thats what breaks me out.

I love love love MAC studiofix. It doesn't break me out (the hormones take care of that for me, but I'm holding out for my yaz/spiro combo). I have been using it for years, and it is light and natural looking with great coverage/blending. You can apply with a sponge or brush. I usually use the sponge (it looks better). But when I (rarely) do use a foundation (neutrogena healthy skin spf 30 or 20) then I use a brush. I also use clinque moisturizing gel although I'm looking for something else as this one is expensive and I'd like something with an SPF. Any suggestions?