Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pimplypaul

Genetic Survey! Where are your parents from and where do you live?

Hello,

I am curious about the geographic factor involved in acne. I believe that depending on where your parents are from, north and cold, or equatorial and warm contributes differently to ones acne.

My dad is from Sweden and moved to America when he married my mom. My mom is from South Dakota and all ancestors on her side are from America except before the pilgrims arrived. Then she is sort of British and Scottish.

My dad had moderate cystic acne when he was 15-20 and my mom had mild acne that was not cystic when she was 15-17.

I have moderate cystic acne on my cheeks.

I live in Houston, Texas. A warm a humid climate.

Some of my friends, the ones with moderate acne, are all from northern europe. Scotland, Ireland, Checkloslovakia(idc about spelling =D), Germany, Hungary.

When the one from Germany went to Colorado for spring break, he said he was outside skiing almost all day and his acne almost disappeared after about 1 week into his stay. Keep in mind he went from warm Houston, to cold/dry Colorado.

I would like to know where you live, state would be nice, but really just the climate...

AND

where your genetics are from... basically north, equator, south... arctic =)...

AND FINALLY

your acne severity.

There may have already been studies about this or something, but i'm just curious and would just like those 3 things from you. And yes I already know that acne is inherited from your parents. Again, just curious about where people live and their acne.

Thanks for your help!

Pimply Paul =D

On my father's side, the one with the acne, my grandmother came from England. Grandfather's family came from Denmark. That branch of the family is also Germanic. Father, Grandmother, my siblings and cousins all had acne, but most cleared after teen years. My father had acne until he died. I had acne until I changed my diet.

My mother's side is Germanic and Czech, plus a few that came in colonial times from England. My grandmother can't recall anyone having acne from when she was a child to her children and even her other grandchildren.

And I have always lived in a god-awful hot humid climate. Someday I'm getting out.

I live in a very warm, very humid climate (summer), and comfortable in the winter, in the South United States. My father is German and English, and my mother is Dutch. My dad had moderate acne as a teen, and has some scarring now, but not much. My mom had mild acne, and no scarring, but she has rather large pores. I have small pores and mild acne, although I do get an occasional large pimple (cysts or nodules, I guess, but not 100% sure). Hope that helps!

Mom: Japanese

Dad: Caucasian (born and raised in Alaska)(German/Dutch heritage?)

Me:Born and raised in Alaska, moved to Montana where my Mildy severe acne turn severely severe. Currently in Japan, been here for 4 months.

Dad- from Mexico. severe cystic acne from 15-25. grandma and aunt, too. My aunt still suffers from it.

Mom- from CA. BEAUTIFUL skin!

i started with mild acne around age 11. still in CA. it progressed to cysts and "tumors" around age 18-20. right now i dont have as many zits, but lots of scarring.

hope that helps. i'm curious to see what we come up with.

i live on St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. My dad was the one who had acne (thanks, dad!) and his side is Italian, Irish, Scottish, French, Romanian, and Polish. My mother's side is Russian, German, and English.

i have severe cystic acne and so does my youngest sister. my other, fairer sister has mild to moderate acne.

Hello,

I am curious about the geographic factor involved in acne. I believe that depending on where your parents are from, north and cold, or equatorial and warm contributes differently to ones acne.

My dad is from Sweden and moved to America when he married my mom. My mom is from South Dakota and all ancestors on her side are from America except before the pilgrims arrived. Then she is sort of British and Scottish.

My dad had moderate cystic acne when he was 15-20 and my mom had mild acne that was not cystic when she was 15-17.

I have moderate cystic acne on my cheeks.

I live in Houston, Texas. A warm a humid climate.

Some of my friends, the ones with moderate acne, are all from northern europe. Scotland, Ireland, Checkloslovakia(idc about spelling =D), Germany, Hungary.

When the one from Germany went to Colorado for spring break, he said he was outside skiing almost all day and his acne almost disappeared after about 1 week into his stay. Keep in mind he went from warm Houston, to cold/dry Colorado.

I would like to know where you live, state would be nice, but really just the climate...

AND

where your genetics are from... basically north, equator, south... arctic =)...

AND FINALLY

your acne severity.

There may have already been studies about this or something, but i'm just curious and would just like those 3 things from you. And yes I already know that acne is inherited from your parents. Again, just curious about where people live and their acne.

Thanks for your help!

Pimply Paul =D

I'm 19 and I've had acne since I was about 14 and its only gotten worse over the years. My mom is full blooded italian and My father is scottish/english/irish. I live in central california where the weather is very hot and pretty humid in the summer and cold (but not snowy) and very wet in the winter. My mom never had bad acne just a pimple here and there growing up. And I dont know about my father but my mom said she never saw a single blemish on his face. My brother and I however have pretty bad acne I'd say Moderate for me and Severe for him. Also my cousins on my moms side also had pretty bad acne and they live in the same area and are Italian/american indian.

Guest missyjean130

I am mostly English and Irish...but I have tons of other blood in me.

My mom had horrible acne,my brother and my sister too...but after talking with grandparents and such,they said they never had bad acne.So I think my mom is the genetic mutation who passed it down.Haha...poor mommy.

my family history is mainly in New Mexico and Arizona.

It's northern arizona so it's not too dry or hot really...It snows usually in the winter and rains plenty in the summer

I'm a guy from Finland, the cold and dry winters are harsh for your skin, my skin always seems to get better during the summer time.

I inherited my moderately severe acne from my mother whose family originates from Sweden most likely, my fathers family comes from Russia four generations back and he never had a pimple. My brother who looks like me (blonde, blue/green eyes) also has acne, even though milder than me. My 2 sisters who have my fathers genes (brown eyes, darker hair) haven't had a pimple in her life.

wow guys thanks for the replies!

Seems like most of you have genes from cold/semi-cold climates in europe but live in warm or humid climates.

Just as I suspected! :D

My dad was born in Ohio. his heritage is Ukrainian and Eastern European. My Mom is from New Jersey and her heritage is Scottish, and German and what ever Vikings were. I live in St. Croix in the United States Virgin Islands and i have mild -moderate acne. its get better since i have been on dans regime

Im Irish and live in Ireland..my dad has a bit of English in him...my mums Irish.

I dont live in a hot humid climate with genes from a cold climate....but i still had acne before!!! so im not sure about this..people have acne the world over.

its v mild now but was moderate a while ago.