Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
misty484

bp with makeup and sweating

I just started the regimen the other day and I was just wondering if it's okay to wear makeup after using the benzoyl peroxide and the moisturizer. Also, is it a problem if I decide to go to the gym in the middle of the day and sweat some on my face?

i dont think either is technically a problem but the two together could be an issue. do you wear make up when you work out? if not i wouldnt worry about the sweat as it doesnt come from within your pores so wont mess with the bp. you could just gently splash your face with water after you work out to refresh yourself. if you are wearing make up and working out though that could be a problem.

make up is such a hit and miss thing, i think mine (mac and clinique) was really exacerbating my acne and stopping me see results and my skin has been a lot better ever since i switched to mineral make up. however some people have absolutely no problem with either of the two products i was using so its very individual. what make up are you using at the mo?

Since I tend to work out in the middle of the day, I do have makeup on to cover scars and any current pimples. It's usually some Loreal concealer and powder. I feel like the makeup itself has never really hindered the clearing of my acne, but it just makes me feel like my face gets oily... even though without the makeup it still gets oily throughout the day.

But thank you for clearing up the bp and sweating. I guess the bp is already absorbed into the skin so surface things like sweat don't affect it.

Prescriptives mineral make-up is made to not irritate or cause acne. I use it as its really light and doesn't dry out my skin. It may be worth a try.