Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
georgeisabamf

Grapefruit juice with accutane?

My doctor never told me it was bad, but I just randomly found out online that it can cause "serious" problems apparently. Well I just got done drinking a tall glass of it... am I going to die?

Seriously though, does it have adverse effects and it is dangerous?

where on earth did you read that?! i really can't think of any reason you should avoid it. The only foods that you should limit are those very high in vitamin a (liver, pate...) but even then you don't need to entirely limt them - just not eat too much. All they could do (as far as I'm aware) is increase side effects.

Hmm I just found the site you are talking about. I wonder why they say that? I really can't think of any reason :s Is it very acidic? If so I suppose it could cause dry lips to sting? I really don't know...

My doctor never told me it was bad, but I just randomly found out online that it can cause "serious" problems apparently. Well I just got done drinking a tall glass of it... am I going to die?

Seriously though, does it have adverse effects and it is dangerous?

Are you going to die? Some day, yes, much like the rest of us, but it certainly won't be from drinking grapefruit juice with isotretinoin.

I think what you are referring to would be the interaction of grapefruit juice and certain drugs that are metabolized by Cytochrome P450. Isotretinoin does not fall into this category. So, you are fine.