Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moye10

Do I Have Rosacea? Check My Pics Out....

I am so sick of having a red face. It will not go away! As of the moment, I'm using Plexion facial cleansing pads and Xiana topical gel. I hope this is whats causing the redness. I would stop using them to see if thats whats causing the problem, but I'll just break out.....I've tried other treatmets for acne in the past, and they all seemed to make my face red also. The weird part of it all is that my face just started turning red two years ago....it was fine before then. Whats going on? Could this be the starting signs of mild Rosacea?

post-80919-1217773988_thumb.jpg

post-80919-1217773998_thumb.jpg

post-80919-1217773988_thumb.jpg

post-80919-1217773998_thumb.jpg

Do you flush from things like temperature change or exertion? If not then i doubt it is rosacea, it looks very mild either way.

Yeah, when I go outside in the sun, my face will become more red. Also, when I go to the gym, during a more intense workout, it tends to get really red....almost like a tomato!

I would go to your dermatologist and get diagnosed. It looks very mild in the pictures, but, like me, gets a LOT worse when overheated.

It's most likely skin sensitivity from what you're applying. I'd try something else for your acne. I wouldn't even notice your redness if you didn't mention it - it's so mild. I really wouldn't get down about it.

I am so sick of having a red face. It will not go away! As of the moment, I'm using Plexion facial cleansing pads and Xiana topical gel. I hope this is whats causing the redness. I would stop using them to see if thats whats causing the problem, but I'll just break out.....I've tried other treatmets for acne in the past, and they all seemed to make my face red also. The weird part of it all is that my face just started turning red two years ago....it was fine before then. Whats going on? Could this be the starting signs of mild Rosacea?

your skin reminds me of mine when I was younger. It was early signs of rosacea for ME. I also lushed really easily.

most people probably don't notice, but I'm sure you do- a kind of redness and a little puffiness on your cheeks.

For me sun exposure contributes, a sun block with a decent spf helps and maybe experiment with different sensitive skin cleansers or nothing at all, even some of the "sensitive skin" cleansers bother me, esp. if they have laurel sulfates, but your triggers might be completely different. I've been using dermologica ultra calming cleanser in combination with antibiotics.

It looks a bit like mine (except my forehead is fine)

I wouldn't get too worked up over it though, I see 3-5 people daily with the exact same thing, and although you do notice it, it's not that big of a deal (it falls to the back of your mind within a few seconds).

you look so amazing (:

i wouldn't worry about your red skin ton, because it works with your face so nicely!

Have you tried using moisturizers that help with redness? I'm not just talking about the ones with the green tint...more like Aveeno Ultra Calming or Eucerin Redness Relief Night Cream? They contain ingredients that will gradually reduce the redness. If they work, you won't have to stop using the topicals that are keeping your acne at bay. I also agree with michigan1979 that a moisturizer for sensitive skin with SPF is important.

Yeah, when I go outside in the sun, my face will become more red. Also, when I go to the gym, during a more intense workout, it tends to get really red....almost like a tomato!

Alot of people go red whilst doing those things... When i ask if you flush, i mean do you get a burning sensation in your face that can last for a long time after sun exposure/intense workouts etc?

It is hard to tell the difference between irritation and the early signs of rosacea, but if you just go red without and burning pains or sensations then i doubt it is rosacea. If the redness goes back to baseline quickly this is also another sign that it is NOT rosacea.