Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andersoj

Blackheads no longer an issue

Ive been plagued by horrible blackheads on my nose since 7th grade and the only time ive found relief from them has been whilst in the midst of a tane course (Ive done two). Shortly after the blackheads came back way before the inflammatory acne did.

Ive now been micro dosing tane for the last 5 or 6 months taking <5mg/day and yeah, blackheads are no longer an issue, even better ACNE IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE and I am not self conscious about it. I still have some, but meh, it doesn't bother me! Side effects are there, and I don't like the idea of being on tane for the next 5 years, but I will if I have to, because acne is no longer an option. I see acne as a chronic and debilitating disease and right now accutane is my only means of containing it and maintaining a decent quality of life. So yeah, just thought I'd put that out there, let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

I am actually thinking of this also. 10mg every otherday. Can you share your experiences about this or do you have a blog? Can you give me some heads-up with the side effects or the warning signs when to be alarmed etc...? I am really desperate right now, I am a tight spender and I am saving for my masteral so that's why I can only buy things that I am sure will work.......

anyways, thanks in advance.

Dung

Close Up Pictures! NOW!

:wall:

Accutane: Good chance to rid of non inflamed acne.

Catch: few - many.

But Im thinking treating the sideeffects you get from accutane may be less stressful than having to maintain clogged pores / blackheads.

PICTURES! NOW. post post post.

Enjoy.

And mind you it took a couple months to get like this, but there was improvement after the first week.

i think most people on this site would kill for skin as good as yours mate, congratulations

where do you get your constant supply of tane from? is it perscribed to you long term like that or do you buy it from somewhere?

that looks like it worked all right ander.

I thought accutane was prescription...

it seems you can just order online from here

can you really just get it without a doctors notice?

One can buy Accutane online from countries where the drug is legit, like India. One can wounder if you will get the correct drugs and so but apparently there is a death penalty for making fake drugs in India. Don't know so much more about it...

i think most people on this site would kill for skin as good as yours mate, congratulations

where do you get your constant supply of tane from? is it perscribed to you long term like that or do you buy it from somewhere?

Hey, I appreciate the compliment, its been a long time coming. This is honestly the first time in my pre-pubescent life that my skin has felt manageable over the long term.

I get the tane from my derm who is well aware of my unorthodox treatment and supports it 100% after seeing the results. Although it did take some arm pulling at first. Anyway, I recommend it and I'll give a more in-depth review when I have time.

I got 50 accutane pills that a friend can supplie me with. They are 20mg each, can I make a minicourse with 'em by splitting the pills or something?

to be honest 50 pills of 20mg is about enough to give you a big break out and then you'll be all out of pills

I see, I will try get some more online. Around 300 more right?

I got 50 accutane pills that a friend can supplie me with. They are 20mg each, can I make a minicourse with 'em by splitting the pills or something?

You can take them once every 4 days, but yeah, you'll need more.

Don't forgot that I did two full course prior to this.

so wait ande,

you did 2 months of full course accutane, what mg was that?

and then you completely made up your own course of only 5 mg a day for the next 5-6 months?

if so did the sudden change to a lower dosage have an impact on you?

so wait ande,

you did 2 months of full course accutane, what mg was that?

and then you completely made up your own course of only 5 mg a day for the next 5-6 months?

if so did the sudden change to a lower dosage have an impact on you?

What happened was I finished my second course @ less than 40 mg/day and my skin started getting bad very quick. I was off tane entirely for about 2.5 months or, before starting the micro course and then within a few weeks my skin got to the stage it was at while on the 40 mg course, but Side effects weren't nearly as bad. I didn't/don't even have to use chap stick. My first course was more serious and I got up to 80 mg/day and I was cleared for exactly one year from it, but my black heads came back after about a week of being off it. It is clear to me that the higher the dose the longer remission you will have and I don't expect my current intake to have any sustained benefits. I hope to get off it soon, because I'm worried about long term side effects, not just from what I'm taking now, but what I have taken in the past. What I'm doing is kind of extreme, but like I said acne is really no longer an option for me, it has done too much damage to my life to keep casually trying to treat it.

odd question but can someone post a clear picture of what a blackhead should look like?

i dont know whether i have them or not, and google gives shitty pictures. i DO have some tiny spots on my nose, but i think they look awesome (like tiny freckles all over my nose...100+).

i guess i have blackheads then..

they are brown, really tiny, and not inflamed the least bit.

whats the big deal about them? they look cool.

haha, your funny, I like your attitude.

Perfect skin! You have a very good complexion.

Thanks, but I assure you its not perfect and I occasional still get funny little rash like breakouts and the odd whitehead, but yeah, I can deal with that. I also have some red marks around my mouth/chin and a few depressed scars, but I'm not going to dwell on them and I'm grateful that I got out with as little scarring as I did. Shitty thing about accutane is that my skin doesn't really heal anymore and the redmarks that I have are from when I started breaking out a year after my first course, which was more than a year ago.

Other side effects that I feel that I can't necessarily attribute to tain (because I have forgeotten what it feel like to be off of it) are: general dryness all over, fatigue and bone/joint pain. Its not fun, but having a girlfriend is. ;)

maybe i dont have blackheads then.

yea i probably dont. im the most observant guy in the world when it comes to my face. i can tell if something looks even the slightest bit ugly, and my nose isnt one of those things...

hi again,

thanks for the PM.

anyway, i have a fw questions since you have already been on accutane twice already. what are the tests needed to make sure you are okay to take accutane, before and after to monitor any side effects. my derm told me that since i am dude, she said that i dont really need any tests and it is only for the women. i DOUBT that. can you give me some advice bout this? thanks!

i guess i have blackheads then..

they are brown, really tiny, and not inflamed the least bit.

You have what is known as the right attitude to life, congratulations :dance:

I asked my derm if I can go on a lower dosage and she told me that 40mg is the lowest they would put me at. Accutane worked GREAT for my skin! But I'm so sensitive that it dried me out real bad and made me red =\ Dr. says I can't go on a lower dosage...not fair!