Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using Dan's BP gel, moisturizer and cleanser for a while now. My regimen consist of mixing products. I mix the BP gel and moisturizer so I have less aggravation on the skin (more info).

Recently I added AHA to the regimen. I used it to replace the moisturizer. The thing that got me worried is the fact that if I mix BP gel with AHA, the gel type feeling turns into almost water like. Even if I add one very very tiny bit of AHA the whole substance of BP turns almost into a water feel. Also on some places of my face it gives a weird tinkle/pain/itch when applying it (maybe that's not related though).

My question is what makes the whole substance differ when only a very very little bit of AHA is added? Should I be worried, or is this perfectly normal?

I'm also wondering if I'm helping my skin with applying both AHA and Benzyl Peroxide or making things worse? I have these weird little bumps on my forehead right now and I'm almost sure it's not acne. :confused: