Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnejean

On a Clear Day Protection Cream

On a Clear Day Protection Cream

On A Clear Day Protection Cream was designed especially for acne prone skin. Since people with acne prone skin tend to be quite sensitive, it is imperative to use a sealant that helps keep the good treatments in and the bad elements out. This lightweight cream helps to lay down a layer of "second skin" that protects the skin while it smoothes out imperfections and fine lines. The silicone base helps condition and protect. It also contains a natural enzyme to help reduce surface breakouts.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...C13452#moreInfo

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

I started using this for a day and the morning after I broke out in tiny pimples in spots I normally don't like above my mouth and on my forehead. I'm pretty sure it's this.

What I don't understand is that it is for acne prone skin. Do you think it was the silicone?

It's a shame because I liked it as a primer. Can you suggest any other primers for mineral makeup?

nevermind. i found another primer:

lorac aquaprime

oil free

silicone free

paraben free

fragrance free

i have read how silicone can clog pores.

Hmmm, the no silicone thing is intriguing. I've been thinking the silicone has irritated my skin in the past and EM's powder primers...don't really do much in the way of priming for me that the silk dust or finishing powder doesn't. I've used Lorac in the past, but it was too expensive to keep up. I may give this a shot, however.