Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kestrel

Moisturizer is Burning

Hi, this is my first post! I am using the cleanser, bp, jojoba oil, and moisturizer from acne.org. I started 2 the regimen weeks ago, 1st week with otc products and had major flakiness, burning, and redness. I had major burning with otc cleanser and moisturizer; I thought it might be the essential oils in them. Now I have the acne.org products, and am having burning when I put on the moisturizer and jojoba oil on. I am waiting the full 15 minutes in between bp and moisturizer. I tried organic extra virgin olive oil while I was waiting for acne.org products and had no burning.

I should say that I have super sensitive skin and am working up to the full amount of bp still. I am applying bp at night and am trying to pep myself up to do it in the morning too. It's hard to deal with acne as well as the bp side effects.

Does anybody else have burning when moisturizing? Am I doing something wrong? I am being very gentle when applying everything.

And on a positive note, I am having some clearing, although I have a nasty swollen cyst this morning that is really hurting my forehead.

Cheers!

Hey! I am also sorta new to the regimen, and i experienced burning when using the moisturiser for about the first 6 days for my regimen. I am now on day 8, and the burning sensation is gone, and my skin is becoming less red each day. Just stick with it. Your skin should take some time to get adjusted to the new products. Hope I helped! xD

Thank you both! It is good to know that I am not the only one with that uncomfortable burning feeling. I hope it lessens soon!

I hope it does too, but im not so lucky. Ive been on it 2 months and I still use as little moisterizer as possible, my skin doesnt like it.

Perhaps you should try Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin lotion..it doesn't sting me at all and is very calming. It also helps alot with flakiness, especially if jojoba is added.

I tried something different the last two nights. Before this my skin burned so bad with the DK moisturizer that I had to wash it off. So the next night I just tried using a very generous amount of jojoba oil. No burning! And the next night I just used jojoba oil again. No burning! My skin is looking so much happier now. It feels perfectly moisturized when I get up in the morning. Maybe I'll try the moisturizer again in the future but for now I am just going to use the jojoba oil. I hate to have spent money on moisturizer that my skin doesn't like but at least I could use it as body lotion if my skin never adapts to it. And with using only jojoba oil, my skin isn't super flaky like before either. I think it also may have to do with getting over that sensitivity hump with the bp.

Yeah!

Maybe this will help someone else who is having burning with moisturizer.