Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RockstarNailbomb

What Stopped Most of the Redness

Well the other day i was looking in the mirror and noticed that my face would get redder during the day than when i would freshly wake up. So i spent about 10 minutes thinking about what could make my cheeks less red during the day and i figured it out. Its your breathing. During the night we breath full complete breaths and in my case i noticed that during the day i would only breath in the minimal amount of air and i would sometimes hold my breath for a few seconds without knowing it. So 2 days ago i remembered my discovery and i started taking deaper breaths and tried to make the breaths last longer and after about 2 hours of doing this throughout my daily routine i noticed that alot of my redness had subsided. The next day i breathed normally like i always do and the redness was back. So for me the amount of air i breath in is related to the redness on my cheeks. The only problem is that ive been breathing with short breaths for so long that i forget to breath in deep breathes and i just get red cheeks again. So my question is do you guys see any difference in redness after hours of deep breathing or sleep, or is it just me?

Hmm, interesting. I always thought it was because we're lying down. Sometimes I do wake up with at least one red cheek, but it's usually the side i'm sleeping on. Hm.

INTERESTING!!! ... :)

Btw when did u start getting redness?

Seems to me your facial redness may be due to stress..

im goin to try ... let u know within a few days ... :)

Hey, Well basically when I go to bed I wake up in the morning and my face is pretty much normal. It's at a level that would be acceptable to me. However, like you as the day progresses it gets redder so I'm thinking it does have something to do with stress. Whilst sleeping your breathing is relaxed and at a constant balanced level. However, whilst awake during the day your breathing can be irratic for instance holding breaths for longer and more shallow breaths too. Also there are external stress factors such as embarrasment anxiety. You dont experience this whilst asleep. My thinking was to order some stress/anxiety supplement to see if that works. Furthermore, solely on the breathing aspect, if I breathe deeply 5-10 times my face is pretty much normal colour. Ive heard oxygen is an alkaline rather than acidic. Therefore it is neutralising our acidic blood level thus affecting the redness of the skin.

I think it's because of the cold...at night when the airconditioner's on my face cools down and blood goes away from it.

hmmm...The Fall of Troy fan? cool

I think it's because of the cold...at night when the airconditioner's on my face cools down and blood goes away from it.

hmmm...The Fall of Troy fan? cool

Yup, HUGE fall of troy fan. And yes i also noticed the lack of breathing due to stress. For instance today i had an interview and halfway through the Manager told me to relax, he said my cheeks were bright red. Right then i realized that i had been talking alot without breathing and then i would take really short breaths and hold it in. After that i started breathing slow deep breaths and after the interview i looked in the mirror and my cheeks were pratically normal. So the link between stress and amount of breathing is definitely there. Its just so hard to constantly take big deep breaths when your so used to just taking fast small breaths, i tend to forget easily and then the redness comes right back. I also noticed that the rest of my family (who has flawless skin by the way) always takes big deep breaths without even thinking about it and their face is always like porcelain.