Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chicane

general question about acid peels

is the purpose of all various peels that are available to simply "shed" the top layer of skin and no more ? or are different peels designed to do different things?

and one more quick question, im currently using Mendelic acid 15% for almost 2 weeks, im getting a lot of shedding which is great.. my question is should i keep applying the mendelic acid even when im shedding ? or sohuld i stop for a few days , let my skin heal a bit and then start another cycle of mendelic acid?

thanks.

i would let the skin heal a bit if its too flaky.

Depends on the peel. Most homes peels shed the superfical layer. I have used MA. It is ok for red marks. However I recently tried TCA complex. It does not cause flakyness like MA, but sheds the skin much better. Thickens the top layer, then it comes off.

It has a 3-5 day downtime, but only 2 days are bad. The problem is the thickened and wrinkled top layer of skin. But when it sheds, u get good results for superifcal red acne scar marks.

I'm now going to try lactic acid peels. It has no downtime, and supposedly good for red marks.

Good luck