Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChiliSauce

Acne Scars on Chest, Arms, and Back Help w/ pics

Hi everyone, I just signed up here and was wondering if anyone could assist me. I'm a 21 year old college student and I've lived with body acne every since I hit puberty at about 11 or 12 (whatever age I was in 6th grade lol). I went to a dermatologist and she said that I could do nothing about the scars. As you can see I'm covered with scars. I can't even take off my shirt. My self-esteem is pretty much non existent because of all the scars. I was wondering if there was anything I could do about it. I read that tanning could help, but does that work for African Americans? I'm currently covering myself in Palmers cocoa butter everyday. I feel like a giant chocolate bar lol. Is there anything that can help even fade the scars? Is there a different way that African Americans should approach the issue because of the skin difference? Any advice will help. Thanx Oh, sorry for the weird pose, I was trying to get my arms and chest in the same picture.

Edited by ChiliSauce

Lol I finally registered an account just to reply to you. As a black girl i can tell you that yes tanning does help. I have some scarring on my arms and I get a lot of sun to even it out. It makes it look damn near non existant for me. However, the hardest part of the battle... is going out into the sun when you're not tanned and showing your scars. I go out for like an hour or so a day every day a few times a week. Lol you know I can't exactly go to a tanning booth and feel comfy, so the park works for me =) Good Luck.

thanks for replying I really appreciate it. I'm glad to hear that tanning helped you out. Yeah going to a tanning salon would kinda weird. I guess I could chill in the sun for a bit. How long did it take for you to see results? Weeks, months?

Hi! sorry to see those scars left on you my friend :(, i do realise though back and facial scars more prominent on black skin because of the pigmentation, what about sea salt in your bath, im pretty sure soaking in this and exfoliating will lighten the darker parts of skin which is damaged.

im not sure of other methods you can use.

good luck anyway!