Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rg1223

Is there a moisturizer that will also cover up red marks?

I'm on accutane right now (4th month) and my redmarks have become more evident and I was just wondering if there's some moisturizer that also has some foundation or something in it and is non-comedogenic. So no one could accuse me of wearing makeup cuz I can just be like oh it's just my moisturizer hahah I'm a guy by the way. Thanks. I heard some things about tinted moisturizers are those any good? I've been using aveeno ultra calming spf 15 but it's not really fading my redmarks that much.

Tinted moisturizers will give minimal coverage, but it's coverage nonetheless. You can either buy it premade or you can make your own by adding foundation to the moisturizer you already own.

If your skin is not too dry i would try fake tan as it will darken the whole area and the red marks will not stand out as mucn also being a guy its more acceptable to use a bit of self tan than to wear makeup. Thats what i do and it doesnt cause my skin to breakout, just remember not to put a lot on as you will end up orange! :D

urm - just a word of warning on the fake tan front= if your skin is still flaking and dry [ as you say its dry, im presuming its pretty flaky!] im not sure that fake tan would be too great... in the areas which flake off you skin would look bizarre and stuff - well thats what i think- also i would advise practising using a fake tan product on u before the day of actual;ly using it- you dont want to go out in the evenin with some friends and have people laughing at you because u look orange or peely-i have read that tinted moisturisers are pretty cool too- non permanent and will help the red marks look less prominent- but again, i would advise shopping for them with a girl or some one who has worn skin make-up before as you dont want to spend a lot of money on getting a really off shade- im not saying you would- im jut saying be super-careful lol

all the best!!!

x

Idk I'm really not into "fake" tans because that kind of sends a message that I'm trying too hard in my opinion. I might just ask the people that work at macy's in the makeup department what would be best for my skin and just get them to take care of that. It'll probably be nice and awkward but still better than letting a girl that I know think that I'm insecure about my skin.

Oh yeah and also does wearing stuff like this (tinted moisturizer or a bit of foundation) make the redmarks last longer?

rg, I think that's a good idea. We could tell you all sorts of brands to try, but you'd still have to get a good skin tone match so going to Macy's to let the beauty clerks aid would be more helpful IMO and perhaps a bit less awkward.

Yes but will it make my redmarks last longer because they're not exposed to sunlight and air and stuff?

Nah. They'll fade with time as your skin sheds. A tinted moisturizer isn't much different than regular moisturizer. It just has some color to it. It's not going to "seal" your skin in so it can't breathe.