Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalalaloopsy

Mascara Tips and Tricks?

I just do the basic "wiggle the brush back and forth as you move it along your lashes" thing. Seems to work pretty well.

i do the same paying close attention to making a good base. i also apply at least two coats and sometimes three. when you're adding more mascara though, you need to let the prior coats dry before applying more, otherwise it has a tendency to clump.

I just do the basic "wiggle the brush back and forth as you move it along your lashes" thing. Seems to work pretty well.

i do the same paying close attention to making a good base. i also apply at least two coats and sometimes three. when you're adding more mascara though, you need to let the prior coats dry before applying more, otherwise it has a tendency to clump.

Right, right, right. I usually do two or three coats as well, with the wiggle trick only on the first coat. I also keep an eyelash comb handy just in case I do get any clumps. And I keep my eye makup remover and some Q-tips handy, in case I get any mascara on my eyelid.

I hold the tube in my hand for a bit while I'm doing other things to kind of warm up the mascara. Makes is go on smoother. I do the wiggling, too, and turning the wand so I get as much mascara as possible.

Also, don't pump the brush! I only learned you weren't supposed to do this a few months ago. Pumping the brush puts waaaay too much on there and will clump and looks terrible.

If I have a spasm and get a little on my skin, I just leave it until I'm totally done and it's totally dry (difficult to do if you're obsessive like me). Then I take a regular old Q-tip and just dust the dried mascara off. It's made to not stick to your skin. If you try to wipe it before it's dried, it'll just smear and be harder to get off.

Warm up the tube before using. Either put it in a cup of warm water, in your pocket or waistband or somthing. This is especially helpful when you've had it a while and it's beginning to dry out.

Then, I wiggle it on and apply thickly, maybe multiple coats, to the base only. Then after most of the gunk is off the brush, I pull it through to the tips one time only. I've seen various makeup artist do this.