Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TigerMan

I have clear skin but my oily skin is getting me depressed

I have been on the regimen for about2 years. I have had clear skin for about the past year. I'm all cleared up with no pimples besides the occasional flare up. My problem is that my skin gets so oily with 2 hours of washing up in the morning. I use cetaphil face wash and w hen I get out my skin is perfect, but within 2 hours my nose starts getting oily, then my ofrehead, then my cheeks. I could use the abosrobing sheets but even then an hour later it will get oily again! I want to fix the main root of the problem? But what is it? This is getting me depressed now! I have to work and my skin gets so oily its gross. I use a light moisterizuer, complex 15 and its still oily!.

Please please please i need some advice i cant stand my oily skin!!!

I have the excact same problem!! Now my face is clear but my face is so so ridiculously oily and I don't know what to do about it!!

if its so oily that you can take a thin paper toel/napkin to get it off, do that. If its not quite that oily, you can get these pads that soak up oil. They work very well.

I have the EXACT same problem. I find that my face starts getting too oily within 1.5 hours after washing it, and I need to blot it. It's not so much depressing, but it is when its contributing to the acne. I never found a product that got rid of the oil without overdrying my face, so I just carry around tissues or some sort of napkin that does a good job at absorbing the oil from my face. Plus, aren't the people with oily complexions look the youngest when they hit 50? It sucks now, but we'll be thankful for it when we reach that age ;)

i have the same problem, but mine is really bad if i apply moisturizer. i usually take care of it with oil sheets after every 1.5hrs. also, i noticed if i drink a lot of water, my face doesn't get that oily. or i don't know :angel:

Have you guys tried a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia? You apply it thinly with a cotton ball. If you see white areas it is a little too thick. You can rub those areas with a finger and they go right away. I use this everyday under my makeup, and it really helps with my oily skin! I still blot, but not anywhere near as often as I used to. I think it would work for Men also, but just a thin layer.