Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
melissapat

Please look at the pic and recommend me a peeling

user posted image

This is a picture of my acne scars on my face (at the cheek area). I'm looking for a peeling that I can apply on my own.

What type of peelings do you recommend? (AHA ?). Can you give specific peeling products name...etc.

Thanks for reading

Just as an FYI, the picture was taken a bit too close to your face so that's why it looks a bit blurry....

I would suggest trying a Lactic Acid Peel from Makeup Artist's Choice. You can find the link in the Frequently Asked Questions thread or on a search engine such as Google.

You have lots of little indents. Standard glycolic and lactic aren't likely to help.

I suggest you try the TCA complex. The thread is here: http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=13028

Over time, I believe this peel can smooth the skin out quite a lot, but you will need to do several to get a result on any indented scarring.

That's a better photo.

OK, start with a series 8 weekly of lactic peels first www.makeupartistschoice.com

and if you feel you want something stronger, go for what I suggested above.

Melissa...you def have skin like mine....out of all the pics ive seen youre scarring and skin texture is the most similar...Ive tried TCA cross 50% 2 times but id probly recommend a glycolic peel first also

geez i wouldnt mind having scars like yours to deal with, you should get great results from lactic/gycolic peels!

I've been searching this board for 2 days and found lots of information/posts about peeling...etc.

Since I go to school (university) everyday- and I use make-up-, I don't want to have red face, I can only apply lactic/glycolic peeling when I'm off school for a long time.

I've also read abaout 'mandelic' acid, is it suitable for me?

I would like to use a product everyday (if its essential) and make my skin better within 5 or 6 months...

By the way my skin is oily (I don't know if that makes any difference)

I'm also afraid of doing a wrong thing that will cause scars on my face.

Thanks again

I haven't bought the peelings above as they don't ship them to the country I live but one of my friends suggested me to use a gel. It was very very cheap and I bought it.

I'm writing its formula what do you think will it be useful for my acne scars?

1gram of this gel contains:

0.5 mg Retinoic Acid (Vitamin-A Acid=Tretinoin)

Gel base; Alcohol, Adonia (gives smell?), Butil-hidroxi-toluen (antioxidant).

It says, put it on the part you want at night (once a day) with your fingertips.

You start to see results 2-3 weeks later, but for better results you should use it at least 6 weeks.

What do you think will it be useful in long term?

I'm writing its formula what do you think will it be useful for my acne scars? 

1gram of this gel contains: 

0.5 mg Retinoic Acid (Vitamin-A Acid=Tretinoin) 

Gel base; Alcohol, Adonia (gives smell?), Butil-hidroxi-toluen (antioxidant).