Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Hi, friend! Want to have some adventures?

My hair is shedding like crazy since yesterday. :/ I bought some Biotin pills, as I heard they can help. Any other suggestions?

I'm on 10mg daily and have been clear. My Rosacea isn't terrible like it was, though it can flare bad if I eat something I shouldn't. I'm hoping to stay on Accutane for another 2 or 3 months (it's been 5 months so far), but I'm really hoping the hair shedding doesn't become a big issue.

I stupidly went to your profile searching for this log, only to realize the link was in your signature. I'm off to a strong start. How are the biotin pills working? I also saw that thread you made in the emo section two months ago, and you wrote of your fears about speaking to other men? I wouldn't be so nervous. I personally don't view your condition as one that would dissuade me from speaking to you.

What do you think caused the flaring this time? I know I asked you a couple of pages back about the different triggers, but I am just wondering. Sounds like a very frustrating condition. I'm always here if you need support though.

I stupidly went to your profile searching for this log, only to realize the link was in your signature. I'm off to a strong start. How are the biotin pills working? I also saw that thread you made in the emo section two months ago, and you wrote of your fears about speaking to other men? I wouldn't be so nervous. I personally don't view your condition as one that would dissuade me from speaking to you.

What do you think caused the flaring this time? I know I asked you a couple of pages back about the different triggers, but I am just wondering. Sounds like a very frustrating condition. I'm always here if you need support though.

Hey Nike, thanks for asking! My hair is still shedding quite a lot (mostly after washing it), but I know this is a common side effect so I'm trying not to worry. I've been on the Biotin bills for almost two weeks, and though I haven't seen any improvement, I'll keep using them just in case.

My Rosacea isn't quite as flared as it was a few weeks ago. If I'm not doing anything to aggravate the condition, it can appear almost nonexistent. It will, however, flare when I trigger it (for example, I had to read an essay out loud to class this morning, and the subsequent flush lasted 5 hours). I'm managing it, though. I can now socialize with minimum flareups, so it simply seems to be an issue of overcoming the social anxieties that trigger most of the flushes in the first place.

Each month is up and down, though. I'm just riding it out until I'm off Accutane and can effectively treat the Rosacea.

Thanks again for the reply!

Lauren

Well, judging by your recent lounge pictures, no matter how bad you flare up, you (*Barry White voice*) look mighty fine aawwwww yeah. Without a stupid accent i would say that you look very pretty.

If social anxiety is consistently bothering you and you get nervous, then why dont you take something like Kalms. Do you have Kalms in America? I have had them a couple of times and they work well, it is just the whole moral issue of taking drugs which is the problem, but you seem a very ruthless young woman so i doubt that bothers you.

Well, judging by your recent lounge pictures, no matter how bad you flare up, you (*Barry White voice*) look mighty fine aawwwww yeah. Without a stupid accent i would say that you look very pretty.

If social anxiety is consistently bothering you and you get nervous, then why dont you take something like Kalms. Do you have Kalms in America? I have had them a couple of times and they work well, it is just the whole moral issue of taking drugs which is the problem, but you seem a very ruthless young woman so i doubt that bothers you.

Lol thanks Fido. I've been taking some prescribed anxiety drug... I think it's called Propranolol. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all, so it's more of a placebo than anything. I'd like something stronger, but my blood pressure is already quite low, and any drug that is meant to calm me down too much might be a bad idea (according to the doc). If I had my way, I'd at least try something stronger, though. :P

Thanks for checking in.

My hair loss is at a minimum if it hasn't stopped. Well, I just ran my fingers through my hair, in a slightly violent manner, and no hair fell out. If this was back when I was on Accutane I would have hairs fall out no doubt.

I've been off Accutane about 8 months.

how's it going now?

Hopefully you come out of this just as sentimental and lighthearted a person as you are now and I hope times don't get too rough on you.

how's it going now?

Hopefully you come out of this just as sentimental and lighthearted a person as you are now and I hope times don't get too rough on you.

Hi mebe, thanks. =] Things are going so-so. I'm on 10mg daily, and am still clear, thankfully! However, I've been getting some weird side effects, the worst being extreme inflammation of the veins under and in my eyes. My undereye circles are about 3x darker than normal now, with visible veins and capillaries everywhere in that area. I stopped taking Accutane for 3 or 4 days to help calm things a little, and then took a pill last night. When I woke up today, my left eye looked infected and it won't stop watering. I have concealer over the undereye circles so I'm not sure how inflamed the area is, but it's very tender.

I have two more months to go, but I really don't think I'll be able to go that long if these side effects continue. I need to be able to see clearly and wear contacts, which I can't on days like this... not to mention it looks really awful. >_<

The eye problems I was having have subsided, and my vision is back to normal. I haven't taken Tane since it happened, and I'm afraid to take another pill lest I get these symptoms again. Alternatively, I'm really nervous about stopping Tane early. I'm supposed to be on for at least another 1 1/2 months...

If I do stop early, I'd like to start on a mild retinoid or something similar right after to combat acne. I know most Tane users don't use much on their skin after getting off the drug, but I think it'd be a smart thing to do if I quit early...

You look great! I was looking at your pictures and I have to say the veins under your eyes are hard to see, but your skin looks really good. If you do stop early, I hope things work out for you. I ended up going on a month later, but now (4 months past) I'm clear! Do you find that drinking lots of water helps?

You look great! I was looking at your pictures and I have to say the veins under your eyes are hard to see, but your skin looks really good. If you do stop early, I hope things work out for you. I ended up going on a month later, but now (4 months past) I'm clear! Do you find that drinking lots of water helps?

Nice to hear from you, and thanks for the reply. =] I did stop Accutane on April 12th, and am still clear, though my oil's back. I started Retin-A .025% last night (it expired Dec 08... I hope it's still effective >_< ) and I started Ortho Tri Cyclen BCP 3 days ago to ward off hormonal acne. I still have those eye problems and some blurry vision and eye strain now, but I'm hoping it eases as the Accutane leaves my system. Hopefully this is enough to keep me clear!

I haven't seen much of a difference in my skin whether I drink water or not. I know some people have though, and it obviously makes you feel a lot better to be hydrated.

All the best!

Thanks Shadow Yoshi. :)

I tried using my .025% Retin-A on my cheeks and forehead last night, but now I'm reddish in those areas. I guess my skin's too sensitive still for retinoids. I've only gotten a few clogged pores since stopping Accutane (I got these little clogged pores on Accutane too... They're minuscule, so I don't consider them breakouts). I'm wondering if I should just use Clindamycin 2-3x a week for now, or if there's something else that might be more effective, but gentle for my skin.

I asked my derm about other treatments but he doesn't think I'll have to use treatment now that I'm off Accutane. I disagree with him there - I'd like to use a maintenance treatment in case the acne comes back. If Finacea and retinoids are out, I'm not sure what else to use... :(

you will need a maintenance treatment after accutane, I know I did. I just use dan's BP at night, dans face wash twice a day, and clindamycin lotion twice a day. This keeps me in pretty good shape, even 1 pimple is semi-rare.

Thanks Shadow Yoshi. :)

I tried using my .025% Retin-A on my cheeks and forehead last night, but now I'm reddish in those areas. I guess my skin's too sensitive still for retinoids. I've only gotten a few clogged pores since stopping Accutane (I got these little clogged pores on Accutane too... They're minuscule, so I don't consider them breakouts). I'm wondering if I should just use Clindamycin 2-3x a week for now, or if there's something else that might be more effective, but gentle for my skin.

I asked my derm about other treatments but he doesn't think I'll have to use treatment now that I'm off Accutane. I disagree with him there - I'd like to use a maintenance treatment in case the acne comes back. If Finacea and retinoids are out, I'm not sure what else to use... :(

Hi Lauren! I am so glad to hear your skin is doing better but I am sorry to hear about your vision. I hope it goes away for you :)

Maybe you can ask your doctor for the lovely aczone

Thanks James, Cartman, and Molly for the replies.

Since my skin is still too sensitive for retinoids or BP, I ordered a milder retinol cream to be used with my Clindamycin gel. Once my skin toughens up as the Accutane leaves my system, I'll start using stronger treatments.

I'm taking Ortho Tri Cyclen but notice no improvement in my oiliness and flushing. I'm thinking of asking to try Spiroloactone... Does anyone have any experience with it?

Basically, right now, I'm mostly just struggling with vascular problems as opposed to skin problems. I'm still flushing badly, and the veins under my eyes are still inflamed. My vision is less blurry though, and my eyes less bloodshot. I literally keep concealer under my eyes 24/7 - without it, it looks like I have blood pooling under the skin or something, but it's just inflammation from having sensitive veins and then taking Accutane on top of that. I hope they heal, otherwise I'm getting laser treatments to get rid of the damaged veins. It's definitely the most noticeable issue going on with my face atm, but at least makeup hides it.

Update:

I'm still using Clindamycin on cheeks, and a Neutrogena retinol cream every other night on my forehead and chin. Still clear!

My biggest problems are my Rosacea and red marks. I developed some really bad ocular Rosacea since going on Tane, so I can't wear contacts anymore, and my eyes hurt a lot. I have tons of broken capillaries all over my face, which look like red marks (which I have plenty of already :P ) and make my skin look really discolored.

How long does it take red marks to fade post-Tane? Mine haven't budged. :(

Getting laser treatment for Rosacea and broken capillaries in a few more months.

Hey hey hey !

Haven't been on here in such a long time. Glad to know that you are clear. I know it does take a really long time for red marks to disappear. Mine are still slowly disappearing but I saw a dramatic change at least 8 months after 'tane. I hope you continue to stay clear. As of this point, i feel like my skin is slowly starting to go back to crappy. I doubt it'll be as bad as it was but i have a fair amount of pimples. Blah. Anyways just wanted to say hey !