Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Hi, friend! Want to have some adventures?

Congrats on making it to the 3rd month! Yeah, I missed quite a few days during my course. But at most, 3 pills in a row and it didn't do anything noticeable to me..so I'm sure you're fine haha.

I checked your gallery and wow, definitely bust a move when you're finally clear and see a mirror hahaha! Good luck on the rest of your course, it looks like you won't have many problems =D

Thank you, kangin! =] I'll post a pic of me doing some move-bustin' when I'm finally clear. ;]

Day 67

I took double my dosage (80mg) on sat and sun, and I don't notice any increase in side effects. I'm glad things have been relatively smooth sailing so far. My Rosacea redness has also been great the past two or three days, which makes my red marks look a whole lot lighter.

All in all, I'm in a good mood about things. ;)

Hey there! hope all is going well, just wondering where you ordered your emu oil and cerave cream from. thanks! :)

Hey there Deadbeat...

I have been following your log for a bit now, and I've found it really positive and inspirational! (Can I say that without sounding like a complete tool? haha)

I'm on day 6 and although I've had nothing but positive effects, I am preparing myself for the worst of it. I'm glad to see that there are others out there who are working as just as hard to maintain the optimism and hold out hope :D

You are gorgeous, by the way!

Keep up the log, I was really relieved to find it when I was finally prescribed Accutane- it was comforting to know that it's not all horror and side effects :)

Oh, and by the way, I noticed that you had asked for some makeup suggestions... I've posted a few in my log, hopefully you'll find them useful. (I'm a makeup queen, I think I've spent at least half my gross income on it this year alone, in attempts to cover my face up!)

styles-b,

Thanks so much for keeping up with my log! :) I was really worried about the sides when I started Accutane, but I'm very fortunate that things have been smooth sailing so far. I really hope you have an easy time with the drug and get the results you want!

Oh, and I'll definitely check out your makeup suggestions! Thanks so much for the mention. :)

Glad to hear you're in a good mood about things at the moment :)

By the way, your picture is gorgeous - you're a very pretty girl!

Glad to hear you're in a good mood about things at the moment :)

By the way, your picture is gorgeous - you're a very pretty girl!

Aw, thank you! :)

I forget what day of my course it is, but I'm about 2 months and 2 weeks through my course.

I am getting so clear!!! All I have are some small, red clogged pores on my cheeks and blackheads on my nose. I'm not letting myself get my hopes up... Accutane is a rollercoaster, or so I've been told... but I'm feeling so good right now. Of course, I have TONS of red marks, but with a little concealer, I'm feeling great!

Every week, things are getting better. Let's just hope I don't jinx myself. :ninja:

Thats great to hear that you are seeing a lot of improvement! I just started accutane over a week ago, and am daunted by how long this battle will last. I just keep a positive outlook because i think there is quite a bit of truth to a positive outlook when combating any sort of illness. I have been using Emu oil as well. How often to you apply yours? I try to at least once daily, and its done wonders for the dryness associated with the accutane. My skin might look a bit oily, but that beats having it flake off in the middle of class and the constant itch you get when your skin is dry. Good luck in the rest of your journey with accutane, ill be back in to check up! Wish you the best!

I am getting so clear!!!

I'm very happy for you! Hope the pesky red marks fade well with time ..... ^_^

I haven't seen my derm since July when I had that whole freezer-burn incident. LOL! But I'm going to see her on Halloween. Ominous? :think: Hope not.

Have a nice day!

Thats great to hear that you are seeing a lot of improvement! I just started accutane over a week ago, and am daunted by how long this battle will last. I just keep a positive outlook because i think there is quite a bit of truth to a positive outlook when combating any sort of illness. I have been using Emu oil as well. How often to you apply yours? I try to at least once daily, and its done wonders for the dryness associated with the accutane. My skin might look a bit oily, but that beats having it flake off in the middle of class and the constant itch you get when your skin is dry. Good luck in the rest of your journey with accutane, ill be back in to check up! Wish you the best!

Hey, vandit!!

I apply my emu oil once a day, in the evenings. I agree - it's such a good moisturizer. Thanks so much! :)

I am getting so clear!!!

I'm very happy for you! Hope the pesky red marks fade well with time ..... ^_^

I haven't seen my derm since July when I had that whole freezer-burn incident. LOL! But I'm going to see her on Halloween. Ominous? :think: Hope not.

Have a nice day!

Lol good luck with the derm appointment! Haha, tell me how everything goes. =]

Day 82

I think I spoke too soon...

My skin has been super sensitive lately (moreso than usual) and my Rosacea has been flaring. I'm going to take 40mg on weekends instead of 80mg until my derm appointment on the 7th, where I'll ask my derm about lowering the dose a little.

Another contributor may be the fact that I stopped using Cerave for a few days and instead have been using Emu oil. When I washed my face this evening, I got so red and stingy - it looked like I'd had a chemical peel or something. I don't think Accutane could make my skin so ridiculously sensitive overnight, so I'm guessing the emu oil isn't moisturizing enough on its own.

So, for now at least, I'm taking 40mg every day. Hopefully my Rosacea and dryness will be calmed down to the way they were last week. I really hope things resolve before Halloween! >_<

Sorry to hear about the Rosacea flaring up and the dryness :sick:

It will get better.... it has to OR I'll sit down and have a talk with em =P

Seriously though I hope everything calms down by Halloween ;)

Haha thank you, Jonathan! I've been moisturizing like crazy with Cerave, and my dryness and redness seem to be calming down. I'll have to see how irritated my skin gets when I wash my face tonight, though. I think things are calm enough to resume taking my pills though.

Luckily, this flare happened during a few days when I had nothing planned, so I get to hide out for a bit. :ninja:

Hey! When you did the mystic tan do u think it clogged your pores? I want to try this but I'm scared it will make me breakout!!

Hey! When you did the mystic tan do u think it clogged your pores? I want to try this but I'm scared it will make me breakout!!

Heya, Latoo. The tanner didn't clog my pores at all. Just make sure to get the invisible one that slowly develops as opposed to the one with instant color in it - otherwise you might end up streaky. :P

I have no idea what day I'm on, but I'm at the beginning of my 4th month. :P

My acne has been clearing and is still just clogged pores and blackheads. My Rosacea, however, got really bad, so I had to lower my dose. Right now, my only sign of worsening with my Rosacea are really sensitive capillaries. I can actually see the capillaries in my cheeks when I put too much pressure on the skin. I have lowered my dose from 40mg Mon-Fri, 80mg Sat and Sun to only 40mg 5x a week. This is just under the equivalent of 30mg daily. I'm going to stay on a low dose and maybe extend my course a month to meet my cumulative end dose.

I'm going to the derm tomorrow to make sure this is okay and to see if there's anything he can give me to settle the Rosacea. When my Rosacea is calm, my face is pale and my red marks are faint. When my Rosacea is aggravated, however, my face looks rashy in areas and all the red marks look sooo dark. I really hope the Rosacea returns to where it was a few weeks ago before this flair. Things were looking so good. >_<

Sorry to hear about the flare-up Lauren. Speaking of Rosacea I forgot to ask my derm whether she thought i had it or not...... DO'H :wall:. LOL! The bright side is your skin is still clearing! Let's hope it calms down asap ;)

I thought 10mg is what people with rosacea should take..I heard it can really help..but your taking 40..

Google 10mg low dose acctuane and rocasea..or look at my accutane thread..I have tons of info.

I dont know why your derm gave you 40.

My derm wanted to give me the highest dose I could tolerate, and for half my course, 40mg was perfect. I've read various Rosacea logs in which people are on many different doses, so I wouldn't say there's a standard dosage for Rosacea, since it depends on the person, but I do agree that low dose is the way to go.

My doctor filled out a prescription for 40mg pills before my flareup, and since he can only fill a prescription every 30 days because of the Ipledge deal, I'll have to wait until next month to get 10mg pills. To make up for this, I'm only planning on taking around 2 40mg pills a week, which is roughly equal in cumulative dose as 10mg. Next month, I'll be getting 10mg pills and will take them once a day.

My skin is still flared and irritated, but I think part of this may be from a new bottle of emu oil I was using. The brand I buy has always been great, but this bottle has a different solution that feels and smells differently. It makes my skin feel uncomfortable, and since using it, I have been especially red and irritated. I'm going to not use it at all tomorrow and see how things go. This, combined with my vastly lowered Accutane dose, should hopefully have things calmed over the next week or two.

As far as acne goes, I only have some tiny clogged pores and some blackheads on my nose. When my Rosacea is calm, my red marks are faint and things look so smooth and nice. I can't wait until my Rosacea and irritation is calmed down again. =]

Thanks for the encouragement!