Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Hi, friend! Want to have some adventures?

DB! How's it going?? Hope you're disappearance is because you're having a blast in Florida! Not used to not hearing from you. Let me know when you're back. We miss u here on acne.org :)

Pills taken: 42

Sorry for the long silence... I've been very busy here in Florida! I'm still breaking out, and while I know it's normal to be breaking out in the 2nd month, it's still a bummer. Luckily, I have my makeup. ;]

I've been exfoliating with the baby brush very gently every other day, which keeps the peeling skin to a minimum. As long as I drink a lot of water and moisturize frequently, the redness of my face and red marks is kept to a minimum. I'm going to try my first spray tan at one of those booth things... I never thought I'd end up getting one of those. The Jergens tanning moisturizer is nice, but it's a pain applying it every nice, and it's very faint. I'm going to get more of a medium tone so that the any redness I happen to get is very concealed.

Rosacea is normal. My lips are mildly dry, but not badly. I just wish the IB would let up sometime soon. :s

Good luck, and just wait til about day 60, that's when you start seeing some nice improvement. For me, I made the mistake of not moisturizing - big mistake lol. Still get breakouts, but not as often or big now, it's fighting alosing battle is acne now haha :D

Hi, I started accutane a month ago and reading all the logs on here has helped me out a ton. Yours has been great. =)

I was wondering how you felt about taking a smaller dose rather than a larger one? I'm on 60 mg right now but I feel like my hair has been thinning a lot and I'm wondering if it might be better if I go down to 40. I don't want to go too low and have it not be effective tho.

Hey Deadbeat just to shine some light my red marks were also more prominent whilst on accutabe. Also they didnt change ATALL whilst on my course. However now over a month of tane they have definitely gone down although still there. I think whilst on your course you shouldnt over analyse your red marks but instead focus on your active acne (i know its hard) as thats what the drug is designed to fight. But once your off hopefully things will improve quickly as you wont have any acne to make it worse!

Booklover - I'd ask my derm about going down to 40mg if I were you. It will likely still be a very effective doseage. =]

Pills taken: 44

Thanks for the replies, everyone! My breakouts have slowed down a little, and my red marks look lighter. I'm still using the Emu oil, so I'll see what effect it ultimately has in the next few months.

To anyone using cream tanners - try the spray tan method. I found it much more moisturizing, less irritating, and the finished product is much more even. You also don't have to use it every night like you do with creams. It can get pricey, though.

I've been drinking lots and lots of water lately. I find it helps get rid of redness in my face better than moisturizer sometimes. It also helps get rid of the slight joint aches when I wake up.

Hey! I did try the mystic tan, but I only tried the fair color, which really doesn't show up too much other than a goldish-brown tint. I'm going to go back and get one in the medium color in a few days, so I'll tell you how much that helps to conceal. =]

Good to hear! hope you're enjoying your glow :)

Was it ok to do with the kind of flaky skin we have on accutane? Sorry for the many questions - Im considering doing it too so wanted to get your thoughts

Thanks and looking forward to hearing about your next experience with it :)

I made sure to exfoliate as best I could the night before. With my cream tanner, I would get uneven coverage when I had flakes, but the mystic tan spread evenly. It's been about a week and I'd like to go back, but I don't want to buy a package, since I'll only be in Florida till the 30th. I'm hoping to find somewhere that'll let me buy them individually, as I'm starting to get pretty red again >.<

Still breaking out, but my red marks are certainly the worst thing I have going. That's definitely better than having my active acne be the worst part! I've been using emu oil for 3 1/2 weeks... When will I know whether or not it works on red marks? It's certainly very moisturizing.

Pills taken: 52

I'm nearing the end of month two... I can't believe it!

I'm back from Florida, and I miss it already. >.< Still breaking out. I'm looking pink again, so I'm planning on trying out another spray tan, but in Medium this time. I hate going, because I can't wear makeup, so I'm trying to wait until I'm a little clearer.

My next derm appointment is on the 7th. It's crazy that it's October already. I'm reallly hoping for clear skin for Halloween, but I don't know if that will happen...

Glad u enjoyed Florida - Im sure the time away was nice!

Time will fly by and soon enough you'll be all clear and going spray tanning just for fun :)

May Month 2 bring u lots and lots of improvements

Thanks sunrise! I think I said the wrong thing in my post - I'm at the end of month two, and I'm starting month three on the 6th or 7th. Time has certainly passed!

I'm around half way through month 3 and still breaking out, although this current breakout is likely self inflicted by my extreme drinking session on Saturday :) Keep your chin up, it's all we can do. Just started 60mg/day too, excited >.<

Good luck!

Just dropping by to show my support :D. If you ever run for anything I'm voting for u. lOl! And Florida...... i went down there during the summer with a friend to visit a school. That was a bad idea :naughty:. Hope the sun's rays weren't as strong. Shouldn't be..... being October and all. But yeah they messed me up. LOL!

--------> :clap:

I wish you luck....I'm on my second day. And the picture of you in the avatar is very pretty...was that before accutane? Let us hope that tane keeps you looking beautiful.

Just dropping by to show my support :D. If you ever run for anything I'm voting for u. lOl! And Florida...... i went down there during the summer with a friend to visit a school. That was a bad idea :naughty:. Hope the sun's rays weren't as strong. Shouldn't be..... being October and all. But yeah they messed me up. LOL!

--------> :clap:

Thanks so much for keeping up with my log! Yeah, the first week or so in Florida, it was suuuper hot. The last bit was really nice though, especially in the evenings. It's so pretty there!

I wish you luck....I'm on my second day. And the picture of you in the avatar is very pretty...was that before accutane? Let us hope that tane keeps you looking beautiful.

Best of luck on Tane! And thank you... That is actually a recent picture, but I had on quite a lot of concealer, plus the lighting was dim. Thank goodness for makeup. >.< Do you have a log I can keep up with?

Pills taken: 56

Time is really passing! I'm breaking out a lot on my cheeks and chin, but my forehead is (amazingly) clear - just dozens and dozens of red marks. Concealer covers those easily enough, but the acne around the lower portion of my face is another story. The bumps aren't very big, but they get so inflamed! Most don't seem to be leaving marks, thank goodness.

I've been using the emu oil for about 4 or 5 weeks. I can't really tell if it's working on my red marks or not, but it's very moisturizing and anti-inflammatory, so I'll keep using it. =] I've said it before, but I can't wait until red marks are my only worry!

Glad your forehead's clear and hopefully the rest will follow soon!

I havent tried Emu Oil yet even though I bought it. Im just a little scared of clogging my pores I guess. May be I'll get the courage to start using it especially since Im very dry and flaky

Are you gonna be staying at the 40mg?

Have a great day!

I started by using the emu oil on just one little section of marks for a week to see if it broke me out. It hasn't given me any problems thus far. =]

I'm not sure if I'll be going up to 60mg or not. I'd love to clear up faster, but my skin is sooo sensitive now. I'll just go with whatever my derm thinks is best.

Your pic looks very cute!! I checked out your tane gallery too and you're looking great lady! Hope the higher dose gives u great results soon-ish :)

Thanks, sunrise!! =]

ACK!! I'm all out of Accutane today, and my derm still hasn't confirmed my bloodwork so that I can answer my Ipledge questions and get my prescription. I really really hope I can get my pills tomorrow. Will missing a day or two be too bad? I was just upped to 80 on the weekends, so I guess I'll be making up for the day or two missed, as long as I get the pills by Friday night...

I tried out one of the Mystic tans near my house. I tried the light color (they have a light and a dark option), and it was definitely noticeable, though only because I'm so fair to begin with. I wanted to try the darker option this time, but I think there was some miscommunication, because I got the fair color again.

It doesn't conceal redness, but it helps blend it in and make it look a little more natural. I really like how it looks, but I still think I'll try the slightly darker option next time to see if it helps conceal my redness more. I'll also report on how well is blends in red marks. =]

My marks are fading slowly, but I'm pretty positive they're still fading... I'm hoping they haven't come to a standstill, because right now, they're worse than my acne. My forehead would be flawless if it weren't for those buggers. >;[