Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadbeat007

Hi, friend! Want to have some adventures?

Hope you get some of that dryness you want! I'm sure the little inflamed breakout is just an IB - in my eyes, with almost any effective treatment, you are bound to get some IB whilst your skin "clears out"....

<3 Hope everything is going well.

Thank you so much, you guys!! <3

My derm said that everything is going well, so he upped my prescription to 40mg everyday. I'm still oily, and all the blackheads on my nose are starting to form tiny bumps as they clear out. It looks like I have goose bumps on my nose, haha. I have three rather painful pustules on my forehead that are sloooowly healing, but as long as they don't leave dark red marks, I don't mind. :3

Once the oil clears, I'll be able to wear concealer over my red marks, so I'm fishing for a good brand. I can't wait until red marks are my only worry, since they are concealable. It'll be pretty neato.

That'll be so cool when you only have to think about covering old marks rather than dealing with new, active spots.

Have you found any concealers that you are considering yet?

Good luck on your course, sounds like you've done a good job researching!

Just a quick note on the dizziness --this could potentially be related to your vision, which accutane is known to effect to a certain degree. I've certainly noticed this, especially a progressive decline in my night vision! Dehydration could certainly be a cause and one thing I've learned this far on accutane, it seems as though I can never drink enough water!

Pills taken: 11

Thanks for the advice, stellar! Right now, besides being insanely oily and rather dry at the same time, I'm getting peeling skin. It only happens when my skin gets wet, though, and it's mild so far. It makes my skin look a little patchy. Is the baby brush exfoliation method alright while on Accutane? If so, where can I get one of these brushes?

It most certainly is. I use it every day. Is gooood. :) You can buy a baby brush anywhere - grocery store, drug store, Wal-Mart, dollar general, or anywhere else you can find baby items. They're cheap.

How do you have 4 pages and you are on like day 7? Haha.

I'm hoping to hit 10 pages by week 3. ;]

well this should help! :P

lots and lots of luck to you too!!

Pills taken: 11

Thanks for the advice, stellar! Right now, besides being insanely oily and rather dry at the same time, I'm getting peeling skin. It only happens when my skin gets wet, though, and it's mild so far. It makes my skin look a little patchy. Is the baby brush exfoliation method alright while on Accutane? If so, where can I get one of these brushes?

It most certainly is. I use it every day. Is gooood. :) You can buy a baby brush anywhere - grocery store, drug store, Wal-Mart, dollar general, or anywhere else you can find baby items. They're cheap.

I just like, gave you a page. Haha.

Thanks for all the advice on my log! I'm glad to see that your Accutane escapade is starting fairly well! Good luck with it! :-) Hopefully, it'll be over before you know it!

Wow! u r getting popular :D. I can't think of a nicer person who deserves the support. Speaking of that I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for ur comments on my log. Sorry to hear about the peely skin but u and I know it'll be worth it. Be prepared for Month 2. It is going to absolutely suck but after u get past that you'll be used to the tane-effects. Promise. ;)

Thank you, guys. :3 I really appreciate the comments!!

Pills taken: 15

What I took to be "peely skin" is like a white-ish film that appears after I shower and stuff. I'm wondering if it's actually residue from my moisturizer? I've been applying Cerave thickly 2x a day... I wonder if Cetaphil isn't washing the moisturizer off well enough. It doesn't wash my makeup off, either. I'm going to use my makeup-removing cleanser (it's still gentle, but removes everything better) for a bit to see if that cleans my skin more thoroughly.

My forehead has been getting inflamed acne since starting the 2nd week, but it's not too awful. I have a small cyst on my chin that's heading out, and my cheeks have tons of little red clogged pores. The black heads on my nose look better today, though.

My skin gets a little dry if I don't put my moisturizer on, but everything else is fine. I really don't need to apply Aquaphor to my lips yet, though I do. Also, for the past two days, my skin hasn't been as oily as usual. That has me really excited! =]

Just popped in to say every time I see the title of your blog I crack up. Yes!! Let's have some adventures. :)

Hey DB

Just stopping by to see how you're doing! I agree you're soo supportive of everyone that u deserve all the support in the world!! Thanks for always answering questions/rants and all :)

I made a vow a week ago that when Im hopefully clear (fingers crossed) I will NEVER stop visiting acne.org and answering any questions that I can. The info and support provided by everyone has been incredible! Dont think i could make it through without all that

I'll check in again soon! Hope all's well :)

Hey DB when I am in a shower I gently exfoliate with water to remove obvious flakiness. But beware whilst on accutane you will always be able to flake 'a bit more' off so dont over do just incase. If after removing most of the obvious flakiness you notice you can still remove more skin then maybe you should stop. I remember once I was in the shower and I rubbed all my flakes of then I looked in a hand mirror and noticed more so I kept doing it until my skin got very red. It didnt do much good. But anyway to some it up exfoliate gently (without peels or acids), pat dry and then moisturise. Best of luck!

Just popped in to say every time I see the title of your blog I crack up. Yes!! Let's have some adventures. :)

Haha, I got the quote from a cartoon called FlapJack. My brother had it playing on my TV while I was creating this thread, and I thought, "An adventure? Yes, that's it!" xD

Pills taken: 17

My Rosacea is the best it's been since I was diagnosed with it. I'll still flush when I get stressed or hot, but when I'm not flushing, my skin is calm and even-toned (apart from the acne, of course). As far as the acne goes, I still have the inflamed spots on my forehead that are slowly healing up. I'm guessing Accutane causes them to heal very slowly? At least they aren't tender anymore.

I'll be in Florida visiting my mom Sept. 11-30. We're going to go to Disney World (I looove Disneyland but have never been to the Florida theme park). To avoid getting burned to a crisp, I'm going to try to talk my mom and brother into visiting the park in the late afternoon and staying until the park closes. I'll have sunblock and a hat, but I really don't want to chance direct sunlight for an entire day.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it!!

Im glad your seeing results with your rosacea is getting under control... and soon clear skin will be around the corner! :) cant wait hahaha

OH have fun in disney world! lucky! make sure you check out most of the themeparks(like magic kingdom, mgm, etc) theres some fun stuff and if you get a chance go to universal! thats my fav hahahah you dont have too just saying i really like universal studios ahah

have fun in flordia!!

live laugh love,

live2sing

Haha, I got the quote from a cartoon called FlapJack. My brother had it playing on my TV while I was creating this thread, and I thought, "An adventure? Yes, that's it!" xD

Pills taken: 17

My Rosacea is the best it's been since I was diagnosed with it. I'll still flush when I get stressed or hot, but when I'm not flushing, my skin is calm and even-toned (apart from the acne, of course). As far as the acne goes, I still have the inflamed spots on my forehead that are slowly healing up. I'm guessing Accutane causes them to heal very slowly? At least they aren't tender anymore.

I'll be in Florida visiting my mom Sept. 11-30. We're going to go to Disney World (I looove Disneyland but have never been to the Florida theme park). To avoid getting burned to a crisp, I'm going to try to talk my mom and brother into visiting the park in the late afternoon and staying until the park closes. I'll have sunblock and a hat, but I really don't want to chance direct sunlight for an entire day.

Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it!!

Good luck with your course & have fun in Florida!! The first time I went into the sun after starting Accutane, I got burnt pretty bad, so be careful!! Now it's not that bad but for the first few times I was def in a lot of pain! Thanks for visiting my log by the way! :)

Thank you, guys!! I'll definitely be careful in the sun.

Pills taken: 21

For the first time since getting Rosacea, my face is... pale. I flush the same amount, but they're not as severe and I don't get as red as I used to. My "on-again, off-again" dermatitis is also 100% gone.

I'm still in the midst of the initial breakout, unfortunately. I can't believe I'm nearing the end of my first month, though! It's really nice to see that I'm making progress, even if it doesn't totally look like it yet. ;)

My skin is still a tad oily, but not nearly as bad as before. Everything's slowly getting drier, but my face is that only thing that requires moisturizer. My lips are a little tight, but not dry yet. I'm hoping my derm will up my dosage on the 3rd. He might leave me at 40mg another month, though... I haven't talked to him about it yet.

Thank you, guys!! I'll definitely be careful in the sun.

Pills taken: 21

For the first time since getting Rosacea, my face is... pale. I flush the same amount, but they're not as severe and I don't get as red as I used to. My "on-again, off-again" dermatitis is also 100% gone.

I'm still in the midst of the initial breakout, unfortunately. I can't believe I'm nearing the end of my first month, though! It's really nice to see that I'm making progress, even if it doesn't totally look like it yet. ;)

My skin is still a tad oily, but not nearly as bad as before. Everything's slowly getting drier, but my face is that only thing that requires moisturizer. My lips are a little tight, but not dry yet. I'm hoping my derm will up my dosage on the 3rd. He might leave me at 40mg another month, though... I haven't talked to him about it yet.

Glad to see, you are seeing results with a positive attitude. I personally think that's half the battle. Have a nice night.

If you take your sunblock with you and apply it every hour or two you should be fine. I went canoing in direct sun with this method. Not one pink part at all. Have a great time!!!

Thanks, guys. Siava - I'll definitely do that!

I took a shower tonight, and my face stung like crazy as I was putting my moisturizer on. Usually I'll wash my face at the sink before rinsing it in the shower, but I think I'll stop that to avoid irritation (plus it doesn't really serve a purpose). I've also been using my makeup removing cleanser as opposed to Cetaphil - I'll switch back unless it's a day when I'm wearing makeup.

I also have this weird problem where I'll get these itchy bumps on my face after washing. Here's the thread I made on it -> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=209934

I've been getting them very mildly, on and off, since the end of last year, but washing my face tonight was crazy - I got five at once! It's been an hour, and they're almost all gone, thank goodness. If anyone has any suggestions, please post in the above thread! Thanks. =]

It might not be loads of progress but even the slightest difference is a good sign! And from what I've heard, the IB will be a long distant memory when you have lovely clear skin!

Hope you had a good day!