Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey-

i am starting to use RetinAMicro- only @ nighttime- so after I clean my face, do i apply my reg moisturizer first or the RetinA? I feel like I need both because RetinA does dry my face.. i feel like it makes more sense to moisturize and then do the Retin A ? please help! thx

I use regular retin-a not RAM but I've always been told to wash my face, wait 30 min. then put on retin-a, wait 30 min. then put on moisturizer. I'm pretty sure it's the same for RAM. Also if you still have the package insert for your RAM and read through it it might tell you. Good luck.

Hi -

I use Retin-A Micro at night only as well, and I don't moisturize until the morning when I wash it off. I have been told if you use both it can burn or something. I'm not sure, but if I were doing it with moisturizer I would put on the Retin-A Micro first, then put on the moisturizer. Just because you have the Retin-A Micro sort of lay on the surface first so it makes the most contact with the skin before you put the layer of moisturizer on?

I hope that helps! How long have you be using it?

check the prescription meds thread and look in people's sigs - thats what i did!

but i know you are looking for actual help so what i do is clean, wait 30 mins, apply RAM, wait 20 mins, then apply moisturizer to the areas that need it. there are people that apply the moisturizer first to act as a buffer, which i did a few times but IMO it works better if you apply the RAM before you moisturize. i read that overmoisturizing can cause mre breakouts...and RAM is giving me cysts so i definitely dont need that.