Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just come off doxy cos it seems to have become ineffective. I think i'm resistant to it now. Do u think I will flare up or should I be ok cos my body has become resistant to it. (I have moderate acne).

well i just got my doxy last week and i was told to take 2 pills daily. What makes you think you have become resistant to it?

Well, my spots just seem to go back to normal agin after great initial success. The regimen is really helping now though.

8-[ It has been a month since I started a course of Doxycyline 100 mg tablets twice daily and I also feel that I'm resistant to it now. doubt.gif Maybe, I should do a second course of Accutane. Hmm ...

i was told that you have to stay on an antibiotic for acne for up to 6 months to see a result as acne responds extremely slowly. But if it doesn`t improve at all in 2 - 3 months you should get a different drug.

#-o How impatient of me! Ha! biggrin.gif/ Oh well, I'll guess I'll wait for a few more months. :-k I don't remember how long did it take for my acne to start clearing when I took Doxycyline about 2 years ago. I think it was like 2 months. smile.gif It cleared my acne like magic! :-# Accutane didn't work for me much.

#-o How impatient of me! Ha! biggrin.gif/ Oh well, I'll guess I'll wait for a few more months. :-k I don't remember how long did it take for my acne to start clearing when I took Doxycyline about 2 years ago. I think it was like 2 months. smile.gif It cleared my acne like magic! :-# Accutane didn't work for me much.

Accutane didnt work for you really? How long were you on it?