Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faust405245

Facial cleanser for sensitive skin? Any suggestions?

Im currently using isotrex gel (retin-A derivitive) and mandelic acid 10% so my face is pretty dry. I have sensitive skin (though oily) at the best of times so could do with an appropiate cleanser. Basciall just need one to minimise breakouts whilst soothing and definitely not overdrying my skin. Any ideas?

Plus fairly unrelated - does aloe vera clog pores or cause break outs? Is it any good for soothing skin?

Guest anonymous

cetaphil is my favorite. been using it for years. id don't think there's anything more mild. there are a couple new soap that could be just as good. dan's face wash i hear is really good and it's cheaper. cetaphil is not.

I've used Cetaphil and Aveeno Ultra Calming I like them both. I like the Aveeno better it makes my face feel cleaner, Cetaphil doesn't lather so that takes a little getting used to. The Aveeno is a foaming cleanser, but both cleanse withouth drying out skin. The Cetaphil is more gentle.

I have no suggestions regarding cleansers, but I did want to mention jojoba for soothing skin. You mentioned aloe vera, which I know lots of people love, but I particularly like one or two drops of jojoba oil either before or after my nightly topicals. I have oily skin too, and it's not very sensitive, but the jojoba calms down my skin wonderfully so it doesn't feel overtreated. I make sure not to irritate my skin in general, but I also believe the jojoba helps with that. I use literally one or two drops in the palm of my hand, spread onto both palms, gently massage into my skin after thoroughly cleansing, let soak in for a couple of minutes, then apply my topicals. I don't use jojoba in the morning, just at night. Also, some people prefer to mix a couple of drops of the jojoba oil into their moisturizer or use plain jojoba over their topicals. I've used it all those ways lol. For me, jojoba does a better job of soothing than aloe vera and seems to allow me to keep my skin calm while using treatment products. Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions - ill have a look at those recommended. In regards to the jojoba oil - thats what I'm currently using at the moment. I quite like it but after applying it my skin tends to feel greasy, it doesnt seem to absorb properly. Maybe im just using too much. I was just wondering whether aloe vera might be better.

Aloe vera doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts I use it at night. It is also soothing so if you're skin is irritated it feels good its cooling, which is why people use it on sunburns. Its good to use at night after you wash your face I use it, it makes my skin healthier looking and gives a nice glow. If you're not breaking out I would recommend it, it doesn't prevent breakouts but it doesn't cause them either.