Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions regarding The Acne.org Regimen

Hello, I'm new to these boards, I've browsed them in the past but never posted before. I'm a 21 year old male suffering from what I would classify as mild-moderate acne. I apologize ahead of time if this is the wrong forum to be posting this but I felt that it best suited my questions.

I guess I'll start by explaining my past and current situation. I never had acne until I turned 17. I would get an occasional small pimple here or there, mainly on my nose or cheek about once every 7 months. Then when I turned 18 I started getting more severe acne, larger red mounds that didn't have white heads but were painful. When they cleared up they would leave faint scars. I do not know all the technical terms for what these are called, sorry.

I went to see my dermatologist after trying the normal AcneFree system for a week with no success. To be fair I pretty much didn't give it a fair shot because I had never had acne before and thought that it should have cleared up my acne within days. So he prescribed Duac which I gave up on in the same manner still thinking it should have worked after a week or two.

I didn't see my dermatologist for a year because I just dealt with these occasional large painful mounds by ignoring them and locking myself inside the house like a hermit. Later however I started college and didn't want to have these mounds on my face which began to appear once or twice every couple months and last for weeks. In addition to these I was getting small whiteheads, blackheads on my forehead between my eyebrows. After this began happening I saw him again and he started me on Rosac Cream which stopped the acne for close to a year. I think I got like 2 breakouts in that time, but the blackheads still remained.

The treatment seemed to get less effective so I combined it with the Clean and Clear Advantage system. Eventually the treatment stopped working and I continued to get breakouts. In addition to that, my skin would be very dry except for my nose area which would be very oily and shiny or occasionally my face would be oily all over, it just depended on the day I suppose.

So I saw him again and he prescribed Tazorac at night and BenzaClin in the morning in addition to washing my face with Cetaphil face wash. I did this for about 2 months but saw no difference whatsoever. My face was constantly shedding and the moisturizer I used just balled up and made my face shiny.

I'm currently using the AcneFree Severe System. I've been on this treatment for 4 days so I may be stupid to be already looking into other treatments. So far I have had no bad breakouts and it feels, and I suppose looks like it is working. I'm still going to try this system until I run out but I heard so many positive things about Dan's Regimen so I couldn't help but be curious. With this treatment I still get the oily nose and so far the black/whiteheads barely look different but I think if I stick with it it will hopefully work.

Anyways, on to my questions.

1. If this AcneFree Severe System works should I try Dan's Regimen?

2. Would his regimen help with my oily nose etc.?

3. Would it help with pore size?

4. How exactly does it work?

5. Is the BP time released?

6. Does it compare to AcneFree Severe System?

7. Would it be cheaper then the AcneFree Severe System? Currently I will spend roughly 24 dollars a month on it. The size of the bottles you get sometimes do not even last that long but if it works I guess why complain.

8. What exactly is AHA?

9. What exactly is Jobaba Oil? I thought oil in products led to clogged pores which caused acne? That's why you see all these "Oil Free" products.

10. Do you use the regimen morning and night?

I thought I had more questions but I can't remember them atm. What do you guys think? I feel stupid worrying about my acne when others have it so much worse off then me but I can't help it. I always feel like people are looking at my acne scars, mounds, and black/whiteheads, pore size etc. IDK maybe I'm stupid for even worrying about it lol?!?

Peace,

DTamer

Just my thoughts on acnefree severe system. I would advise against it for a couple reasons.

1) It uses Benzoyl Peroxide 10%. This is far too irritating and can aggravate acne. It is said that 2.5% works just as effectively without the irritation.

2) It uses a lot of products. I've read here alot that toner is not necessary. And I don't exactly know what retinol is, sorry.

Also, it seems that you started a treatment and quit pretty quick. Remember to stick with it. It takes time. I'm 4th week into the regimen and I'm just starting to see improvement.

Just my thoughts on acnefree severe system. I would advise against it for a couple reasons.

1) It uses Benzoyl Peroxide 10%. This is far too irritating and can aggravate acne. It is said that 2.5% works just as effectively without the irritation.

2) It uses a lot of products. I've read here alot that toner is not necessary. And I don't exactly know what retinol is, sorry.

Also, it seems that you started a treatment and quit pretty quick. Remember to stick with it. It takes time. I'm 4th week into the regimen and I'm just starting to see improvement.

The 10% doesn't really bother my skin. I don't shed at all really. Since I paid for it I'm just gonna use it till it's out, stupid as that may be. IDK, I'm just not sure what to do really I guess...

Also, treatments I quit so quickly in the beginning of my posts were years ago. The treatment I quit using after 2 months was basically imo not worth it. I didn't see much progress and my skin was constantly shedding and flaky. IDK perhaps I should have kept on it but I couldn't find a moisturizer that looked and felt right.

Mainly, I just wanted answers to the previous questions as I didn't understand all the ingredients or purpose for them in the Acne.org Regimen. Sounds gentler then what I am on now and perhaps would be better in the long run.

I am with the OP... I use the Clinique Acne system which works, i guess... but I still have blackheads and large pores, the pimples don't really go away and I am still super oily. Sometimes my face is really clear (but still a lot of redness) and then I get a ton of acne for no apparent reason... so I don't think it is working very well if my acne is not very controlled...

I have the same questions (well 2-5 and 8-10)... if anyone could answer, that would be great :)

Well you can leave your skin to this acnefree system for awhile and if its too harsh or you see no improvement i would urge you to dry dan's regimen.

It treats a current acne problem, and prevents future breakouts. Theres nothing you can do about your oily nose unless you blot it..?

As i said, the regimen aims to cure current acne and prevent future breakouts. As for pore size, egg white mask is the best for me.

I have noticed that the regimen is styled after most of those very expensive products, as they usually recommend cleansing, followed by treatment and then lastly a moisturizer.

cleansing removes dirt and grime.

treatment wth 2.5% benzoyl peroxide dries up imperfections and treats them

moisturizer is to make sure that your skin wont be over dry from the benzoyl peroxide.

huh?

never tried, cant comment..

7. Would it be cheaper then the AcneFree Severe System? Currently I will spend roughly 24 dollars a month on it. The size of the bottles you get sometimes do not even last that long but if it works I guess why complain.

depends what products you get? different products have a different range of price as brand and everything matters as well, for example if you wanna use clinique compared to lets say, neutrogena or clearasil.

8. What exactly is AHA?

alpha hydroxy acid, usually comes from plants and it basically promotes cell renewal.

9. What exactly is Jobaba Oil? I thought oil in products led to clogged pores which caused acne? That's why you see all these "Oil Free" products.

It is the liquid wax produced in the seed of the jojoba plant. No, well i dont know hw to answer the second part, but basically its the same theory as tea tree oil, its an oil but it wont cause acne.. because i think they extract some stuff (the good stuff) and add some other stuff to it too.

mhmm, i take my shower in the afternoon and i just blot my face with a towel (no cleansing) and moisturize..

go for it, but remember to follow the regimen precisely. I've used acnefree bp and thought dan's bp would be nothing to my skin, and started with a full pump, to my regret. Even though nothing is irritating at the beginning, still... take it slow.

it should treat the acne, but stopping oil from secreting, that's something else.

it's treating acne, poors may seem smaller with a clearer face.

your basically making your skin an unlivable place for the bacteria that causes acne.

no, but since you apply so much bp at one time (eventually), it practically works for the full 12 hours (2 times a day)

acnefree severe system, honestly. 10% bp wash, harsh toner, 10% bp cream, and retinol... that's a little too harsh...

definitely, buy the 16 oz sizes.

8. What exactly is AHA?

don't know exactly, but it exfoliates the top layer of the skin. Dan's aha has this other ingredient that soothes the skin also.

Jojoba oil is an exception.

yes, or just 12 hours apart, whenever u want to.