Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

plz dont remind me on prom. I do not not not want to think about that. Its at the beginning of the year along with homecoming.

This is so devastating for me cuz ive lost almost everyone over this summer. And its even more devastating that i wont have a group to prom or homecoming. The date to.

ive had one every year easily and ive never worried about being left out but now im so scared.

I think that as long as you don't let your acne fight be the only, single most importiant thing in your life, then it will get better. If you just do a daily regimen, then forget about your acne and go have fun, then people will not notice it. Ive had acne since i was like 12 and im almost 15 now. It was really bad at first, but when i got a tight group of girlfriends, i was always happier, and my skin cleared up magically. Hell, im still not clear, but i hope i will be by this december, and yes, i have had girls say i am cute, even though i do have acne. So just don't sweat it too much. Its a mostly psychalogical thing. Things will get better. xD

I have also spent my summer hiding out because of my skin. I don't even have bad acne, you can hardly even see it, I have clogged pores and bumpy skin. But I pick pick pick, I am a compulsive picker, and am always waiting for a lesion to heal. I say "everything will be fine when this thing heals on my face and then I will go out," but then I just pick another thing and another thing...it's a vicious cycle.

OMG!! i totally relate to you...im going to be a senior in a month and im not looking forward to it at all. I finished my junior year with mild to moderate acne. Now it has gotten worse. Not in the sense that i have a lot of pimples but in terms that i am left with redmarks. My cheeks look like red balloons or something. I have spent most of my summer at home. The only time i get out is when i have soccer practice or soccer games. Im so confused with this stupid acne it really kills me. I rarely make new friends because of my acne and im afraid to talk to girls now and that was my thing!!! Then i have to take senior pics in less than 2 months and i just sit and hope i get better by then..:/ Im afraid to go back to skool and show my face to all my friends. Some have seen me already and have been like "dude, wat happend?". this depresses the sht out of me so fucken bad! fuk acne.....I think wat messed me up (like you) was trying new acne treatments every 2 weeks or so. I just wasnt patient and wanted fast results. Now i have to pay the consequences. Good luck bro and i totally feel for u as im in the same situation.....:/

its not fair at all tho. Just think about wut is actually happening to us. Why should our lives get ruined like this. Why isnt there a fucking cure? If they can find cancer cures im sure if they tried they could cure this fucking acne.

Like just think of wuts happening to us. Were getting fucking red bumps on our face leaving red marks and scars. WHY!? Im such a normal fuckin person to. Im healthy to 5'11 155 athletic good looking. Why cant we live our lives to the fullest. And im sick of this dont let it get to u talk. THERES SHIT PERMENTLY ON MY FACE. HOW CAN I NOT LET IT GET TO ME.

If you people let acne get to you this much, you have serious issues. Seek help. And no, I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm dead serious. If acne is the reason to why you don't have a social life any longer, acne is the least of your problems.

250208: Yeh ik i understand that completly. Its called depression and paranoia and many more things. We all know this but its FROM our acne. U may understand how tough it is to see ur friends again with a face full of acne.

Once u reach moderate or higher u'll prolly know. Cuz ur not used to anything like this on ur face. It IS a big deal.

Duchamp i know i ended up being worse but now im gettin better thankfully

yea..it really bothers us since we arent used to having a face full of acne. Before i had acne i didnt even know that acne was a problem in so many people. I had no idea wat it really was...not untill i started breaking out and it has progressively gotten worse. It just really depresses the sht out of me because im not used to having it and so many of my friends havents seen me like this and wat are going to be there reactions?.." wat happened to u"? I have reached the point where i start crying and praying for it to go away..:/ .. but im trying to think positive now :)

hey man,

I totally understand! I am 20 years old and i have felt terrible all summer, because at 20 i feel like i should have clear skin. Most ppl my age seem to have clear skin...and dont have to worry about getting their skin wet because of all the makeup. I have been doing a lot of avoiding people, but at the same time when i force myself to go out and be around people its not so bad. In grade 9 i did exactly the same thing because my skin broke out crazily during summer...so i stayed at home all summer practically. I was very popular during middle school....but as soon as my hormones went crazy in high school i felt gross. But dude seriously, there is help out there...you just have to try and find it. Dont take no for an answer, because if there is a will there is a way. Try and get an apt. with a derm, and seriously try accutane. I mean man, ive done one course of it,....and it worked Amazingly! I am starting my second course (actually on my 4rth day today!) and i cant wait to be done with acne. One word of advice though, go talk to a doctor, because if i could go back...i would've said %$#@ it! and i would've got help! Its not worth missing out on your youth man, seriously high school is suppose to be a blast, its not worth sitting in. I am 20 going man...i wish i would've taken advantage of having fun with little responsibilty while i still could!

So word of advice....talk to people...talk to your parents....talk to your doctor....let it out and get some help...b4 ur 20 ....30....40....realizing u could;ve had a lot more fun and be carefree

Also....one more...ur friends love you for you..not because of ur skin...or anything else....they love you because you are the only one like you. Dont forget it man, be you and love yourself! |Go out with your friends and smile, you deserve it. Dont let anyone tell u otherwise!

Peace

hey man,

I totally understand! I am 20 years old and i have felt terrible all summer, because at 20 i feel like i should have clear skin. Most ppl my age seem to have clear skin...and dont have to worry about getting their skin wet because of all the makeup. I have been doing a lot of avoiding people, but at the same time when i force myself to go out and be around people its not so bad. In grade 9 i did exactly the same thing because my skin broke out crazily during summer...so i stayed at home all summer practically. I was very popular during middle school....but as soon as my hormones went crazy in high school i felt gross. But dude seriously, there is help out there...you just have to try and find it. Dont take no for an answer, because if there is a will there is a way. Try and get an apt. with a derm, and seriously try accutane. I mean man, ive done one course of it,....and it worked Amazingly! I am starting my second course (actually on my 4rth day today!) and i cant wait to be done with acne. One word of advice though, go talk to a doctor, because if i could go back...i would've said %$#@ it! and i would've got help! Its not worth missing out on your youth man, seriously high school is suppose to be a blast, its not worth sitting in. I am 20 going man...i wish i would've taken advantage of having fun with little responsibilty while i still could!

So word of advice....talk to people...talk to your parents....talk to your doctor....let it out and get some help...b4 ur 20 ....30....40....realizing u could;ve had a lot more fun and be carefree

Also....one more...ur friends love you for you..not because of ur skin...or anything else....they love you because you are the only one like you. Dont forget it man, be you and love yourself! |Go out with your friends and smile, you deserve it. Dont let anyone tell u otherwise!

Peace

thanks for the advice man. Thats what i am trying to do and trying to keep thinking positive. I think im obsessed with my skin because i am always lookin at a mirror and i look at how bad it is. Im trying to avoid them and trying to just live life. But its difficult. Especially when u havent seen ur girlfriend for a month because of u skin. She hasnt seen my skin this bad. Im just happy she said if its that bad then she will wait for me. All these things depress the sht out of me. I was living life so happily a month and a half ago and now it took the turn for worst. :/ I am waiting to take accutane cuz my insurance wont cover it. My doctor is currently working on that. So how did accutane go for u vicotiagirl? how bad was ur acne when u took it and did it work amazingly the first month? im hoping to get better the first month and not have a breakout because i think i already broke out nasty last month and things are getting better. I want things to get better before i start school and before i take the senior pics...:/

lol javier i think the post was directed to me. As in its my thread...

but were going through almost the exact same thing so its all good.

I want to do acutane now but i cant stand the idea of Initial breakouts.

hey i'm a junior too, but I just wanted to say that this was me last summer. Accutane screwed me up bad, but ultimately made my skin 100X better. (Unfortunately I'm actually going on it again soon...ugh) but I just wanted to say that last summer was the biggest mistake of my life. I was a social recluse, lost contact with everyone besides my two closest friends, and basically did nothing. all summer. it's hard, but the more you get out, the more people you "face", the easier it gets. Please don't feel like less of a person because of acne! I know being in hs sucks because people are realllly superficial, but find some friends who will stick by you and love you not for how you look. :] Best of luck to you!

Why are you avoiding friends? :naughty:

Do not avoid friends! I don't think acne should stop anyone from having friends and specially supportive friends like the ones you'll surely find in this forum.

Regards, Good luck!

250208: Yeh ik i understand that completly. Its called depression and paranoia and many more things. We all know this but its FROM our acne. U may understand how tough it is to see ur friends again with a face full of acne.

Once u reach moderate or higher u'll prolly know. Cuz ur not used to anything like this on ur face. It IS a big deal.

Duchamp i know i ended up being worse but now im gettin better thankfully

Dude, I walked around with moderate-severe acne for two years. I'm more "used to anything like this" than most people on this forum, probably even in this thread. I was of course affected by acne, but I never even thought about staying home when I was invited out because of red dots in my face. I'd be scared shitless if that thought even stroke me, and even though you get a lot of responses from people on this forum with similar experiences, it doesn't make it normal in any way. You need help if you let acne ruin your life completely. Easy as that.

Sort of off topic and a totally noobish thing to say, but what exactly happens on Accutane? Is the initial breakout that bad?

I didn't even have an initial breakout. Some people get it, some people don't. It's completely irrelevant, though, because after that first month you'll be clearer and clearer by each week. I can't really understand why people have second thoughts about accutane. Read trough the accutane logs on here, and you'll maybe find that 1/20 are unhappy with the results or were heavily affected by side-effects.

I had no initial breakout either. It's impossible to say if you will or won't get one, and if so, how bad. But I share the same view as 250208 above; if you have the chance to go on accutane and your acne is significantly affecting your life, why put the option aside due to an initial breakout that you may or may not have? Try to think past the idea of initial breakouts as it's highly likely accutane will clear up your skin in the long-run. Sometimes it's hard to deal with the idea that things may get worse before they get better, but isn't it worth it in the end?

Your dermatologist can also prescribe antibiotics for the period of the initial breakout if you're unfortunate enough to have one.You can also be started on a very low dose and slowly build up to your eventual dose in gradual stages. Both of these things can help to minimise the chance of having (or the severity of) an inital breakout.

Whilst I don't want to downplay the experience of those who do claim to have been affected long-term by the drug, the fact is that for the vast majority of people who do use accutane, it works, and for most people any side-effects are merely temporary. Yes, you do have to weigh up the benefits versus the side-effects, but if nothing else so far has worked for your acne and your skin is affecting you detrimentally, psychologically, I think you should give the idea some serious consideration. I wholeheartedly agree with having a look at the accutane logs section, so many inspiring and amazing transformations.

lol javier i think the post was directed to me. As in its my thread...

but were going through almost the exact same thing so its all good.

I want to do acutane now but i cant stand the idea of Initial breakouts.

sorry about that...LOL..but u can really tell how dam desperate i am...:/ lol

it kinda makes me feel better knowing that there are other people going through the same situation but id rather prefer that we could just live on with our lifes and not have to worry about this :/ :/

i know...initial breakout....but some people get them and others dont...so idk...

i might go on it any time this week . I guess this is the last remedy for me....its kind of exciting to go on that pill LOL

You shouldn't let acne get you down. Some days I just want to hide, but I realize that I'm actually doing myself more damage than good. You said that you used to be popular, have a ton of friends, etc., but now some of your friends want nothing to do with you. Maybe it's not their problem, but yours. I know that a while back, some people didn't like me because I was shy, but came off as being a snob. Maybe, by hiding because of acne, they feel like you think that you're "better than them" or something. Not trying to be mean, but I think that that's the case. Usually good friends like you, acne or not. If all they care about is your face, then they shouldn't be your friends anyway.