Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tarabear

cure for HIV and not acne??

HAHAHAHA thats awesome! once they cure AIDS and Herpies then there won't be anything bad to sex other than unwanted pregnancy.

haha because the amount of money and resources spent on researching HIV vastly out guns the research on acne. research on acne is mostly just because the people really want to do it or for business/sales, it isnt like the push to cure HIV.

Jesus...

First off, nowhere in the article does it say there is a definite cure for HIV.

Second, there is more money and research going for HIV than for acne because HIV KILLS PEOPLE. Acne doesn't.

Some people should think before they post on here.

Jesus...

First off, nowhere in the article does it say there is a definite cure for HIV.

Second, there is more money and research going for HIV than for acne because HIV KILLS PEOPLE. Acne doesn't.

Some people should think before they post on here.

Resultant depression from the social stigma (real or perceived) of acne can be life threatening. People should think indeed.

I can see where acne can cause one to be suicidal, however acne in and of itself is not life threatening. HIV is a horrible, horrible disease that has already taken a lot of people off this planet, and is going to take many more off in the future. I think it's only right that finding a cure for HIV should be more important than finding a cure for acne.

Perhaps, but belittling the OP or others with similar feelings is uncalled for.

look at the statistics, way more people commit suicide over acne than the death rate from contracting HIV. acne sucks but it isnt in the same kind of class as HIV

I was actually posting this because you would think it would be easier to cure something like acne than HIV!

I think the docters are taking there sweet time for a acne cure. To much money is made in the acne business. Telling people about bullshit cures over the counter.

I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist, but this thought has crossed my mind too. You try all these different things, the drug companies make money. You go to the derm, they make money too. Everyone wins, except the person with acne of course.

And to everyone else...I'm sorry if I offended anyone. My boyfriend dated someone someone who was HIV-positive who lied and said they didn't weren't. He didn't contract it, but he definately dodged the bullet. So this issue is extra personal for me. I know how acne can affect one's life. That's why I' m on here.

have you all tried accutane?? it worked great the first time I used it and probably wouldve done the trick if i used it for all 6 months. but now im back on it again and hoping for some good results

I think the docters are taking there sweet time for a acne cure. To much money is made in the acne business. Telling people about bullshit cures over the counter.

I'm certainly not a conspiracy theorist, but this thought has crossed my mind too. You try all these different things, the drug companies make money. You go to the derm, they make money too. Everyone wins, except the person with acne of course.

And to everyone else...I'm sorry if I offended anyone. My boyfriend dated someone someone who was HIV-positive who lied and said they didn't weren't. He didn't contract it, but he definately dodged the bullet. So this issue is extra personal for me. I know how acne can affect one's life. That's why I' m on here.

Ok :) Here's a little :wub: