Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
november_rain

Picking session at H&M fitting room

Ickkk....what is wrong with me, I am so gross. Arrrgghhhh the shame...the shamee....And why am I telling this in a forum where everyone can be collectively disgusted by me :doh: . I fell helpless, I have no self-control, as if acne has taken control out of my body, my skin is all I can think about all day. Even when I was trying on this very cute dress, which by the way look perfect on me :wub:, my eyes were drawn to my face, and then my fingers started to have a mind of their own. Well, not exactly, I have a mind of my own *is that even a sentence?*, I just let acne beat me, again.

Ughhh...I won't give up. I have to stop picking, I have to, I have to, I have to.

I don't think anyone's going to be too terribly disgusted by you. I mean, hell, we're all at a forum about acne. No one here is in any position to judge.

Just keep your chin up, and keep what happened in mind. Next time you get that urge to pick, think about how you felt after doing it this time. Maybe that'll help keep your urges in check.

Trust me, I knowwww the feeling. There have been so many times where my skin's been getting better, and then, in a moment of weakness, I attack it. I go after imaginary clogged pores and pick and pick and pick 'til my face is covered in pink marks.

After the last time I did that, I was like, "What am I doing!? My skin was soooo much better off before I messed with it!". So I always just think of that when I get that urge.

Trust me, I knowwww the feeling. There have been so many times where my skin's been getting better, and then, in a moment of weakness, I attack it. I go after imaginary clogged pores and pick and pick and pick 'til my face is covered in pink marks.

After the last time I did that, I was like, "What am I doing!? My skin was soooo much better off before I messed with it!". So I always just think of that when I get that urge.

Oops. Double post. My bad.

i used to pick at my face like crazy, practically everyday. i know that feeling of remorse when you finish squeezing and realize you look a hundred times worse than before!

give your skin time to heal (mine takes about a week in general) and next time dont touch it!

it helped me to replace obsessive picking with obsessively applying bp to zits. (had to do something with my hands) the result looked so much better that i was motivated to stop squeezing. Some people wear a rubber band around their wrist and snap it when they get the urge to pick... give it a try!

:dance:

Hey. I've done this too :( and not just on my face.. but my chest.. I feel all nasty and I don't feel like even trying any other clothes on.. GAHHH

Guest missyjean130

CAT BUS! totoro ftw...

anywho, I think we're all guilty of picking at some point or another. It is an addiction. I started and fortunately stopped in the 7th grade, but there was so much pressure...kids all day long would be telling me I should pop it..over and over again...so I gave in.

Just keep trying! You can dooo eeeet >=D

Its because of stuff like that that im glad I have some self discipline, but then again I still am trying to stop my other bad habits.

just practice mind over body, you don't have to listen to your nerves, go to your higher conscience or state of mind that everyone has, I know its hard but its like what you have to do to tell yourself to stop eating when you know you don't need the food, you don't need to pick so why do you do it.

I know its hard and im not trying to act better than you, just help.

:dance:

Hey. I've done this too :( and not just on my face.. but my chest.. I feel all nasty and I don't feel like even trying any other clothes on.. GAHHH

Well, maybe I should look at the bright side. At least it will be good for my financial condition if I don't want to try on clothes, cause it will decrease my shopping intensity :lol: . Anyway, the other thing about fitting room is the light there is pure evil. It makes my skin look worse than it really is.

My in-laws have what I call the Mirror of Perpetual Doom - it's one of those mirrors that even from a foot away, spotlight every blemish, every large and clogged pore, and every bump. I have to go out of my way to not use that bathroom, because even if I don't mean to, I'll wind up picking. I hear ya!

man i know exactly how you feel, i was ALMOST CLEAR (SO CLOSE) then i had a fit on my face :/

seriously though im stopping today.

ive stopped before i can do it again, but really picking is so bad we both know that and its so hard to stop but try focusing on something else like plucking your eyebrows or painting your nails or something, try not getting close to the mirror at all, ever.

best of luck to you!

Hi november_rain,

Buy the dress. Ignore the face. Done. :P Yeah, I'm sure plenty of us are like " Nuuuuu the mirror of doom!" and such lol, but your face isn't the only thing that makes you pretty. You've got hair, eyes, a body... hm and you know those things you use to type with.. hands ! You know what I mean ;) we're all here for clear skin, and we do come to the same moments in the fitting room when "checking ourselves out" , but have faith and be more positive about your looks, you've got more than just a face.

I'm sure you'll over come the picking and achieve clear skin.

Ah I can feel the pain! Picking in public is definitely the worst time to do it (obviously!)

and I personally hate dressing rooms because I always end up looking in the mirror and then I would hate the way my face looks and then I'd get all self conscience.. I wouldnt pick I dont think since I know that it would make it worse but as soon as I get home.. I would most likely go to the bathroom and go on a wild spree =s

Thanks for the support guys, next time I enter a fitting room I'll concentrate on my sweet butt *vain hahahaha*.
pics or it didn't happen!

Hey, I have a challenge for stopping picking. You should try it. Check out the "stop picking challenge" I hope this helps! (Yeah I've done that before too, I hate mirrors!! not really!) Good luck