Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone please help me with suggestions to how to treat my keloid? I have on right on my throat, it has been big and red for 2 years at least. I've tried silicone gel, and I've tried a lot of cortisone, without any results. Anyone know what to do??

Is this just another crap-product?

Can anyone please help me with suggestions to how to treat my keloid? I have on right on my throat, it has been big and red for 2 years at least. I've tried silicone gel, and I've tried a lot of cortisone, without any results. Anyone know what to do??

Is this just another crap-product?

Topiramate has been shown to be effective for various types of scars, including keloids. The problem is that it directly impacts the function of the brain. After all, it's an anti-seizure medication. It can also negatively impact the liver, kidneys, etc... I don't like the side-effects and possible long-term consequences of using powerful orally administered drugs such as this one. Anyway, here's the link I posted in another thread:

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/113/letters/t...ate/rakesh.html

Thank you! So this helps for red marks too then? I have a lot of them too. Topiramate sounds wonderful to me. Are you sure this is just not some other product that doesn't do anything. I don't react on much, I've tried very much.. I don't care about a little side effects either.

Thank you! So this helps for red marks too then? I have a lot of them too. Topiramate sounds wonderful to me. Are you sure this is just not some other product that doesn't do anything. I don't react on much, I've tried very much.. I don't care about a little side effects either.

Anyone tried what Bulgarian R. Dermatologist mentioned? I really need something that works now..

I had a circular keloid on the face and was excised by my plastic surgeon followed by radiotherapy in the most famous hospital on Hong Kong Island.

The surgery left a very long hypertrophic scar on my face that is almost as worse as it was before the surgery. If I had known this happening, I would not do the surgery.

The surgeon had tried 3 steroid injections to me but its results was poor. The surgeon then told me that the results would be unsatisfactory after more steroid injections and told me to excised the keloid with radiotherapy followed. He mislead me by saying that he had cured a keloid on another's chest during my steroid injections.

Don't be fooled. Keloid should never be excised with or withour radiotherapy.

I suspect that the doctor did not use a steroid strong enough to flatten my keloid.

I've posted this in another site.

Don't be fooled like me. :cry: