Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valentina12

Apple Cider Vinegar and Meditation, it shall WORK!

Ok this is my 1st post, Ive gone to this site for reviews of treatments for a while, and the reviews of apple cider vinegar...almost everyone has it work! Read that 4 days ago and got the braggs org stuff.

Thank you for reading this by the way, I never discuss this with anyone, only think it to myself.

Quick background:

Im a 22 yo girl, have had blemishes for 10 years now, was terrible the first few years at 12 on, now isnt too bad. In my early teens I tried all OTC stuff, which is all nonsense, went to derm's who prescribed all the stuff, antibio's topical and pill, and "regimens" of several products, cleansers toners, blah blah, which I now think are stupid and will never do again.

I spend 1 min on my face now, lifes too short.

When I was 17, birth control mostly cleared me up, but I wont take those anymore, long story, 18 I got a few smoothbeam's, worked somewhat.

Back then I tried drinking mad water, tea tree oil, AHA facials, eliminating meat/ milk, eating mostly super healthy fruit/veggies/grains, taking lots of flax seed oil, cortisone shots, recently I forgot name but perscription strength moisturizer for redness, and MetroCream for redness.

A couple times when surfing my sunscreen didnt hold up and I got severe sunburns on my face, which made my face 100% clear/smooth like itd never been, but terrible, I got malignant skin cancer last year and many freckles.

Now:

I've researched how very anxious/stressed people tend to break out the most. Also those studies of meditation and when picturing their skin as perfect, people saw their skin improve.

Im working on that, last week I started trying to meditate and reduce my super intense stress and anxiety (ive no money for rent, failing some classes, moved to new place 6 mos ago and am mostly alone, lots of stress! i give myself headaches). And its super hard to picture MY skin as perfect, but Im trying.

One of the big new things in medicine people are realizing is placebo effect, it has tremendous power to heal using your mind, and shouldnt be ignored. Though its hard to have faith when your let-down a lot. (Or to have faith in anything when your atheist, or a realist/pessimist!!) And if you KNOW your trying to have a placebo effect! its silly.

I do at least firmly believe Ive gotta be growing out of it now, my brother's face cleared up at about my age, our hormones are sposed to be calming down!

ACV:

Maybe its helped my redness/pinkness & blotchy uneven skin tone, which is always present. So these pics are after 5 days of full strength, mostly half-strength ACV at night. Drank a bit 3x (once was before going drinking shots of rum which mayve cancelled it out?).

Just please dont say "its hardly even bad!" like my best friend just did.

Bottom Line:

It looks the same to me, but Ill post more pics in a while. I SOO hope itll work more. SO tired of thick foundation coverup ( loreal true match liquid). At least Im not shy from it anymore.

post-80668-1217479799_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479809_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479818_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479843_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479799_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479809_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479818_thumb.jpg

post-80668-1217479843_thumb.jpg

Ok this is my 1st post, Ive gone to this site for reviews of treatments for a while, and the reviews of apple cider vinegar...almost everyone has it work! Read that 4 days ago and got the braggs org stuff. Im only into natural stuff now.

Thank you for reading this by the way, I never discuss this with anyone, only think it to myself.

Quick background:

Im a 22 yo girl, have had blemishes for 10 years now, was terrible the first few years at 12 on, now isnt too bad. In my early teens I tried all OTC stuff, which is all nonsense, went to derm's who prescribed all the stuff, antibio's topical and pill, and "regimens" of several products, cleansers toners, blah blah, which I now think are stupid and will never do again, plus I hate moisturizer & creams

I wont focus more than 1 min on my face now, lifes too short.

When I was 17, birth control almost totally cleared me up, but I wont take those anymore, long story, 18 I got a few smoothbeam's, didnt totally work.

Back then I tried drinking mad water, tea tree oil, AHA facials, eliminating meat/ milk, eating mostly super healthy fruit/veggies/grains, taking lots of flax seed oil, cortisone shots, recently I forgot name but perscription strength moisturizer for redness, and MetroCream for redness. Not into a cream that stops working right when you stop using it.

A couple times when surfing my sunscreen didnt hold up and I got severe sunburns on my face, which made my face 100% clear/smooth like itd never been, but terrible, I got malignant skin cancer last year and many freckles on my sensitive skin. Im very gentle on my poor skin now.

Now:

I've researched the scientific journals a lot recently (Im almost graduating with a Biological Sciences degree so I do thorough style research these days and fall for 0 marketing bull**** now) and saw how very anxious/stressed people tend to break out a lot. Also after meditation and picturing their skin as perfect, people saw their skin improve.

Im working on that, last week I started trying to meditate and reduce my super intense stress and anxiety. And its super hard to picture MY skin as perfect, but Im trying.

One of the big new things in medicine people are realizing is placebo effect, it has tremendous power to heal using your mind, and shouldnt be ignored. Though its hard to have faith when your let-down a lot. (Or to have faith in anything when your atheist, or a realist!!) And if you KNOW your trying to have a placebo effect! its ironic.

I do at least believe Ive gotta be growing out of it now, my brother's face cleared up at about my age, our hormones are sposed to be calming down!

ACV:

Maybe its helped my redness/pinkness & blotchy uneven skin tone, which is always present. So these pics are after 5 days of full strength, mostly half-strength ACV at night. Drank a bit 3x (once was before going drinking shots of rum which mayve cancelled it out?).

Just please dont say "its hardly even bad!" like my best friend just did.

Bottom Line:

It looks the same to me, but Ill post more pics in a while. I SOO hope itll work more. SO tired of thick foundation coverup. At least Im not shy from it anymore.

by looking at your face i can tell you don't need heavy foundation that will only make it worst.

instead i suggest using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear makeup, and just dust the powder foundation on because it takes aways the redness and oiliness. i love the stuff and u can

barely even feel it on your skin.

:) aw there are such pretty girls on this forum place... anyway, I think I tried some cheap kind of mineral stuff once but it didnt cover much, maybe Ill get some in that brand though...taking away redness= for me! Thanks!

doxycycline is a known mmp inhibitor, mmps are involved in the specifics of sebacous gland inflammation so this may be part of the reason it is chosen for acne, or it just kills acne bacteria. which ever is the real case, ACV or acetic acid is also an mmp inhibitor, here is also another link for some additional mmp inhibitors you may want to experiment with, i have not tried all of these nor do i know if they will even help, but it could take decades for them to actually study this shit on acne, so give it a go.

you dont have to read the whole thing, its pretty dense and related to cancer, there is a chart on page 6 that lists things you could try.

http://www.bentham.org/pra/samples/pra1-1/Mannello.pdf

Ill have to say that resveratrol really seems to help, I take quite a bit of stuff, but i noticed an improvement that i attributed to resveratrol, so im pretty dedicated to it at this point. Ive just recently decided to add acv back into my regimen because of this new information.

***EDIT**** Just kidding girls! I was saying how it did nothing, but i just got my period so thats why my skin was so not-so-good the past week, now it always gets much better. Combined with ACV, now maybe itll be excellent.

And to the last poster: I read that article, its good, and I eat plenty of citrus, berries, purple grapes, green/white tea, but that doesnt seem to help.

Its also nuts that I read white tea is good for skin, and started drinking it daily 2 years before I got the skin cancer. thats a real mindfuck, but I dont care anymore I just try to eat the best I can, and lay off the cookies and ice cream.

Im also going to start eating cinnamon on my toast, and turmeric in scrambled eggs! just read a ton about it. cinnamon helps your stomach and blood sugar.

OH YEA the meditation.... Ive only done it every other day for a few minutes.

It definitely has helped me deal with all the scary problems right now like dealing with my landlord and school, throughout the day if I get upset Ill take a deep breath and concentrate on it.

I recommend it, its very hard for anxious people to take more than a few min, but you have to try. My skin isnt any less stressed yet, but I am, and I feel a lot better :/

I'm 21, and have had acne for since I was 12 as well and my acne at the moment looks very close to yours, but it was way horrible before(cysts, etc.).

I've been drinking ACV for a few days on and off... but I will stick to it from now on for 2 weeks because I'm doing an experiment.

aww :T I hope it goes ok for you.

I was so excited when I found this site and saw those ACV reviews where everyone gave it like 2 thumbs up...but I started getting afraid it was irritating my face so I stopped right after my pd. stopped.

Maybe Im going to just forget about this for now, my skin isnt too bad with foundation on, its kinda nice, and I still cant picture myself with that smooth perfect clear skin when I do + visualization. So Ima work on that more, maybe look at myself from far away so it looks clear, get that picture in my head.