Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleaman

Some stuff I've been meaning to share....

Fasting is harder than I thought lol.

I keep getting tempted by food... so I keep saying oh well i'll start tomorrow.

But seriously I'm starting for real tomorrow

I find it really hard to get enough juice from the fruits though. I'd have to grind up like 4 apples to get enough juice for like half a glass... where 4 organic apples would cost like $6 or more

it's costing a lot... have you just used normal non-organic oranges? I'm afraid oranges might break me out

yea first couple days do kinda suck. You realize how psychologically addicted you are to eating. I found the best way is to start when you have a lot going on so you arent thinking about food. Weekends killed me because I spend a lot of time just hanging out and everyone around me was eating.

ABout the oranges, I just used plain ones not organic. I bought big 10lb bags of them so it cost me like $2.50/day or something. Using apples would be super expensive, plus I dont have a real juicer, just a citrus press thing so oranges were my only option. ALso, if you are afraid of breaking out I would say dont try fasting since I had the worst breakout in 6 months while fasting.

Yeah I know what you mean. I just went out with some friends and it was killing me just watching them eat..

I'll try the oranges, and i'm not afraid of breaking out...

I know for sure that fasting is beneficial for the body

so how often will you fast now?

Yeah I know what you mean. I just went out with some friends and it was killing me just watching them eat..

I'll try the oranges, and i'm not afraid of breaking out...

I know for sure that fasting is beneficial for the body

so how often will you fast now?

I also think this is why its working for me..the whole quality of my skin/texture..everything..is like really good at the moment..I went a day without using my gentle cleanser, and my skin still feel smooth..

I think the water content in the green apples, which are making me pee like crazy..lol.has helped my water retention, becuase my face looks less boloated..

Plus the iodine in the eggs seem to be working well.

I eat 4 boiled or scrambles eggs everyay for the past week, and like 6 green apples..I have for dnnner nothing but a green romaine lettuce salad,with cucmbers and thats it.

I have a ate a really small portion of llean white meat a day.

I am saying this becuase basically now, 85% of my diet is boiled eggs with iodine that I think is helping, plus the anti inflammatory action of the omegga 3s, and also the green apples..that sugar is low in and It is more watery/bitter then suggary..is really healping get the water retention expelled through urine..

And the other10 % is salad/broccoli..5% lean white meat..

and so far, going on 3 and a half weeks my skin is feeling looking good.

I will report back in another week to make it a full mnth on this weird diet

no canned salmon?? :P , i eat this alot.. I gotta stoP!!! lol

or extra virgin Olive oil added on salads?

Similar diet to me.. :P i only eat salads/fruits and meats.

the only fruits i eat is green apples and Blue berries. - both organic..

or is a waste buying organic?

and for salads i eat ANY ... iceberg lettuce , Cauliflower , heart of romaine or Romaine lettuce,

etc

^^ and IS really helping , my skins looks so nice.. I had to eat salmon and chicken breast for the energy... , need protein. , but they don't break me out

I think me eating to much fruits gives me small acne around mouth..

or is the salmon..

Nice work Sleaman :D

Couple of questions, is your skin still oiley after this? and where did you information on this fast? ive heard of a 40 day OJ fast that sounds quite intriguing, rather more to the point of regenerating new tissues. A protocol i wish to follow next year altough unfortuantely, and a big one at that i have to have huge dental work done before i can get involved with such things :(

you're right: no need to fear the iodine. we need that stuff. I take 150mcg (from kelp) a day, but think thats still way not enough.