Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scooty

Tips on moisturizer's

I've been using proactiv for the past 3-4 years or so off and on and for the most part it does the trick for me, though my face is not totally clear. I don't break out much, but I get 3-4 new whiteheads here and there but not too regularly.

But after reading some things on here I realized everyone's step 3 has a moisturizer, while the 3-step proactiv does not. Also to only use 2.5% bp, and I noticed that there's 2.5% bp in the 1st step in proactiv and also in the 3rd step. I'm not sure how that works.

What I'm getting to is I think that after all the years of using different products(mainly proactiv), I've never really consistently used a moisturizer, and I feel that has left my complexion unbalanced. There's general redness on the top half of my cheeks and also on the under area of my eyes. My skin feels tight when I get out of the shower as well. I've stopped shaving with a razor and now use an electric shaver and that helps a little.

I'm going to try out a new routine and I have the first two steps ready to go: Purpose face wash and Dan's BP. But I'd like some opinions on what moisturizer to use and which ones don't clog pores. My face is more on the oily side so I'm not sure how that works.

Any help appreciated. I feel like I'm not far away from a clear face and I think a moisturizer might be what I was missing. I also have some older red marks on my cheeks and those are just stubborn and killing me. Any advice on what to use?