Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pontings

Dan or anyone- is it best to shave every day?

I'm on the regimen and use an electric razor to shave all over (although I can't grow a decent beard yet - just fluff!) Will I get less spots by shaving every day, every other day or only now and again. Is it the hair on my face causing spots or the irritation from shaving?

i disagree. i think shaving is very irritating, and if you can get away with every other day you are doing your skin a favour.

for me, i think that shaving every day helps. i probably dont need to shave everyday but i think its better to go over lightly daily then have an odd day when you go over the same area two or three times. It also acts as a way of exfoliating, it removes some dead skin off the surface.

Well it's probably different for everybody. I also find that every second day works better for me and a little stubble actually looks pretty good too.

I'm starting to shave daily with my electric. It's easier on the blades because there isn't that much growth, and conseqently easier on the skin becasue longer hair tends to get pulled first before it is cut. I tried every other day or every three days. Irritation was marginally more and also would take longer then the combined time of shaving every day.

I get essentially no irritation with my electric, especially when growth is short.

It's a tough call. I always think blade shaving is less irritating, at least with the Gillette Sensor Excel, and daily is best for people with decent growth. But for someone with just "fluff", you may be able to get away with it every other day or so.

I haven't shaved in a long time, and I've noticed my acne isnt that bad lately. I think constantly shaving helps acne, it irritates the skin and causes ingrown hairs to form more easily. it hasnt gone away 100% or anything, but I'd say NOT shaving does indeed cause less acne.

I haven't shaved in a long time, and I've noticed my acne isnt that bad lately.  I think constantly shaving helps acne, it irritates the skin and causes ingrown hairs to form more easily.  it hasnt gone away 100% or anything, but I'd say NOT shaving does indeed cause less acne.