Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marrakech

I'm doing accutane

I'm gonna try candida cleanse now, but you know... it's the last thing, I did ACV to the point that it got disgusting and I couldnt swallow it anymore.. I have 2 weeks before accutane... unless a miracle happens, i gotta do it.

no!

not acv!!!

I know ppl say it's ok for acv on candida diet

but as long as it has yeast or aged in any ways...dont eat it!!!

I tried 1 tps of acv along with 2 cups of waters in the morning and I broke out

I know it's because of the acv cause I tried it twice

dont drink any form of vinegar for a few weeks until it's stable

and read this website

http://www.biblelife.org/bowel.htm

It's really my bible now...

if u r serious then really follow through the steps

That site is unreliable. I just finished doing a project for college on animal rights, and sources I used had to be reliable!! and the sources I used said that U.S. has the highest colon cancer rate in the world and we are the highest red meat eaters in the world.

The site biblelife.org doesn't sound reliable, seems like they have an agenda. They have lots of spelling mistakes too. I agree with the whole ACV thing ( from personal experience) but the site I don't trust.

I am going to a derm on 8/15 and... I decide to DECLINE accutane. My body is my temple, I cannot do this to myself. :)

props to you, you made the wisest decision :D

This is not an ad, if you want an ad turn on your TV at midnight and watch infomercials for proactive. I did try gluten free for 1 month. That's enough to see if I'm intolerant, and guess what, Im not. So Im back eating bread and love it. Just because some people are gluten intolerant, doesn't mean ALL are. Got it?

I think your post was destined to _MaGic_DuSt_

Yo, don't give up on holistic means. From experience, I know vegetarians have a hard time with acne, because the lack of protein and fat/oil consumption. Also, you may think that you are getting enough fats from peanut butter or almond butter or etc, but actually you want to stay away from these because of the high iron content.

The list for bad effects keeps getting longer and longer for Accutane. Accutance should be the last resort, I mean very last.

Try getting Mono-Fats by olives, cooking with olive oil. Stay away from acidic foods, and try protein drinks. If you are going to eat beans and etc.. make sure you drink a glass of tea with every serving.

Good luck and don't give up!

I am going to a derm on 8/15 and... I decide to DECLINE accutane. My body is my temple, I cannot do this to myself. :)

This is good that you are going to continue to look into holistic options. If you are a vegetarian, I personally have noticed that small dietary changes can resolve some of the continual flare ups. I would suggest if you eat eggs to never prepare them using oil. This means don't make scrambled or fried eggs. The best type for me are 2 minute soft-boiled eggs. It's ridiculous that a good protein can become bad when lightly cooked in oil, but it's the truth for me at least. This is also true for vegetables. Eat them steamed or raw. Try to choose non-starchy vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. If you have candida, you need to be eating garlic with your meals. Avoid eating conventional foods if they are high in pesticides like strawberries. You will have to switch to organic or choose blueberries instead.

You never said if you stopped eating legumes when you cut out grains for one month. If you have candida, you would want to avoid peanuts/legumes, vinegars, starches, grains, dairy, and most fruits. There's a specific diet for killing candida and it's strict, so you may not want to try that just yet. There are products that kill candida infections without causing a die off because they work by breaking down the cell wall with cellulase. Candex is one such product. It costs about $24. Your digestive health depends on getting the candida under control.

Have you tried green smoothies? I like to think of them as the healthy alternative to accutane. :) There's a link about them in my signature - I really hope you'll give them a try! And if you do, be sure to use lots of cruciferous greens in your smoothies (first post explains all this).

This is not an ad, if you want an ad turn on your TV at midnight and watch infomercials for proactive. I did try gluten free for 1 month. That's enough to see if I'm intolerant, and guess what, Im not. So Im back eating bread and love it. Just because some people are gluten intolerant, doesn't mean ALL are. Got it?

I think your post was destined to _MaGic_DuSt_

I apologize

Thanks! I am working to see if it's candida, and I will try green smoothies tomorrow or after tomorrow.Thank you!

Did you know that a lot of foods contain gluten? Even the ones that you think least likely do... most packaged foods, salad dressings, etc. Most people don't know that, so unless you were eating ONLY vegetables, fruits and unseasoned meat/fish then sorry to say, but you weren't completely gluten free therefore I don't buy it, and if you think you're going to see improvement in 1 month, you're dreaming. Got it?

It sounds like you're not going to go for the accutane now, but I'll tell you a little about my experience in case you consider it in the future. I also devoted a full year to holistic methods of treatment with little success...sometimes I think the genetic component is too strong for diet to make a significant difference. Plus accutane and holistic treatments are not mutually exclusive...the latter will help keep you healthy during and your skin clear after accutane.I did have a lot of problems with accutane- hair loss (still going on now, 3 months post treatment), joint pain, pretty significant scarring caused by the terrible initial breakout I had on accutane, and some mental problems including lack of focus and irritability that didn't entirely disappear when I finished. However, just 4 months of accutane have eradicated my active acne so far (I didn't clear up until about a month after the course and have been virtually clear of new acne for the past 2 months).

I don't know how severe your acne is, but if it bothers you emotionally to the point where you can't handle it, don't rule it out. Like I said, it was a very unpleasant drug to take, but in the end it seems to have done its job in clearing my skin...I was severely depressed because of my severe acne, and at this point I'm glad to have traded it for some hair loss and scarring.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks! I am working to see if it's candida, and I will try green smoothies tomorrow or after tomorrow.Thank you!

SO happy that you're going to give the smoothies a try!! Feel free to post in the thread and let us all know how it's going for you, and we're there to help! :)

You said it, you've TRIED. You probably didn't follow through with anything. Bread/grains/gluten is one reason why a lot of people have break outs and once again, you've said it yourself, you can't take it out of your diet.

Please don't advertise false information about how you've tried everything, it's just not true. and it's impossible NOT to be clear if the only thing you eat is vegetables and proteins.

Who are you? "It is impossible NOT to be clear"??? Dude, I have had acne for 12 years now (started at 16, I'm now 28), and started a gluten/dairy/sugar/oil (besides olive oil) free diet 2 months ago. It has not helped one bit. Just because it works for you, doesn't mean it will work for all. I have had moderate acne for a long time, and this holistic stuff isn't working.

KMS1979,

Have you tried a diet mostly free of animal products yet? How about doing blended cruciferous greens everyday? The diet you're doing right now sounds pretty good, but I think you can do even better, and if so, you might get the results you're hoping for. :)

KMS1979,

Have you tried a diet mostly free of animal products yet? How about doing blended cruciferous greens everyday? The diet you're doing right now sounds pretty good, but I think you can do even better, and if so, you might get the results you're hoping for. :)

2 days on smoothies, no results yet heh

I've tried all this holistic health stuff, and it has not had an effect on my acne. A better diet, adding supplements and adding certain vitamins to your diet may improve your skin's health and look, but for some, acne is not a product of poor diet. I had severe acne when I was 13+ and received accutane when I was 15, and it clearly improved by face, but did not completely clear it, and yes the acne came back but not as bad. I went on accutane 7 months ago again, and it completely cleared my skin. Yes the acne came back, but no where near as bad as it was. Although accutane did not cure my acne, it clearly improved it and now, so far, I can keep it under control with SLEEP (I swear to god bad sleep habbits/lack of sleep is the biggest contributor to acne through my experience), diet, and regimen, something that was impossible without accutane. Some people are just genetically predisposition for the worst of acne, which I believe is brought on by hormones. For some, it doesn't matter what you do, you cannot "cure" it through a lifestyle change, although these lifestyle changes may help keep the severity and the inflammation of it to a minimum. Yes accutane has bad side-effects and possible long lasting side-effects but that's a choice everyone who goes on it gets to make, and for some unfortunately it doesn't turn out the way they envisioned and for others it is a complete cure. So maybe those who say nay to accutane or holistic health should look at the big picture, everyone is different.

KMS1979,

I only eat chicken and fish. Cutting out all meats cannot be healthy...especially since I am very active, I need the protein.

I really don't think diet is the best cure for acne. If you have serious overactive glands, sebum will be produced with any stress (stress, food...). Accutane is supposed to permanently stop the overactive glands...right?

don't be so impatient...i may be wrong but i hope you haven't been jumping around, trying to new things constantly and consecutively, and been making hasty conclusions

if you try something new, be patient and give it a long chance

again, i'm probably wrong

take care

just keep on investing on what is that factor that causes you acne. SOMETHINg is happening internally that's causing it.

the thing about western ways of medcine is that they are so "extreme" like popping pills for a headache when they could just rest and sleep for a bit, or a small pain in the body, or acne.

sorry, rambles

You have acne because you are a vegetarian.

Period.

You need to eat lots of fatty meat and low carbs.

That's the biggest lot of bollocks in the universe

I hope you weren't expecting results in just two days? Give them at least 6 weeks. :)

KMS1979,

I only eat chicken and fish. Cutting out all meats cannot be healthy...especially since I am very active, I need the protein.

I really don't think diet is the best cure for acne. If you have serious overactive glands, sebum will be produced with any stress (stress, food...). Accutane is supposed to permanently stop the overactive glands...right?

Yes, you do need protein, but you don't have to eat animal products to get it. There are many protein rich plant foods. In fact, all vegetables have protein.

Hormones are greatly affected by the foods you eat, so changing your diet is one of the best things you can do to help your skin.

I hope you weren't expecting results in just two days? Give them at least 6 weeks. :)

KMS1979,

Yes, you do need protein, but you don't have to eat animal products to get it. There are many protein rich plant foods. In fact, all vegetables have protein.

Hormones are greatly affected by the foods you eat, so changing your diet is one of the best things you can do to help your skin.

Guys, it is not food that causes acne. It is over active oil glands. Stress, sex, food....any of these things can cause sebum production and cause acne. You cannot avoid all of these things. Accutane will hit the root cause. I started reviewing this site a couple months ago and following a strict diet. But stress and other things made my skin oily still. At that point I realized that all of this holisitc stuff is masking the problem of over active oil glands....Accutane is my next move, it should work. I will begin Accutane in a week or two, and will report back.

PS - I'm also curious if most of you have severe acne or just a pimple or two.

KMS1979,

Perhaps that is what your dermatologist has told you? Sadly, most of them don't know how to safely and effectively treat acne. Accutane is a dangerous form of vitamin A. Green smoothies are also full of vitamin A, but in the safe form of beta carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body - so I believe leafy greens, in combination with a healthy diet, are an effective way of treating acne but in a safe way that actually heals and improves one's health. Accutane doesn't get to the root cause - it's merely a band aid, and many on the boards have had permanent health problems as a result of being on it... and sadly, some of those same people also had their acne return. Regardless of what you choose, I hope it goes well for you. Have you read through the posts about Accutane? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-posts-f46.html

KMS1979,

Guys, it is not food that causes acne. It is over active oil glands. Stress, sex, food....any of these things can cause sebum production and cause acne. You cannot avoid all of these things. Accutane will hit the root cause. I started reviewing this site a couple months ago and following a strict diet. But stress and other things made my skin oily still. At that point I realized that all of this holisitc stuff is masking the problem of over active oil glands....Accutane is my next move, it should work. I will begin Accutane in a week or two, and will report back.

Have you eve met someone who has liver failure and had to have aliver transplant as a result of Accutane? I have. BELIEVE ME if they knew they would almost die as a result of the Accutane they would have lived with acne.

Perhaps you should read about liver failure and think twice about using Accutane.

more and more we see people clearing from seemingly opposing approaches...

seeing???

KMS1979,

Have you eve met someone who has liver failure and had to have aliver transplant as a result of Accutane? I have. BELIEVE ME if they knew they would almost die as a result of the Accutane they would have lived with acne.

Perhaps you should read about liver failure and think twice about using Accutane.

its says over and over again on the pamplet, can cause organ failure!!!!!

they tell you flat out.

more and more we see people clearing from seemingly opposing approaches...

seeing???

KMS1979,

its says over and over again on the pamplet, can cause organ failure!!!!!

they tell you flat out.

I agree. Do you think the doctors tell them that? Do people actually read the pamphlets.

The reason I posted is a reminder. People CAN die from Accutane induced liver failure. Worth it for acne?

Drugs should not be used as a quick fix.

You guys should stop putting people off accutane by telling horror stories. You're only talking about worst case scenarios and are not looking at the range of people's experiences. Any drug can have bad side effects, but few people taking it will experience all of, or the worst of, the possible side effects.

You guys should stop putting people off accutane by telling horror stories. You're only talking about worst case scenarios and are not looking at the range of people's experiences. Any drug can have bad side effects, but few people taking it will experience all of, or the worst of, the possible side effects.

we are talking about all possible scenarios yes, thats the good with the bad and no cherry picking so thats what is happening some people do it no problems, then some people could die or some people could survive with lingering ailments.