Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_is_going

Starting Accutane 1st August

Hi everyone, I start accutane on the 1st of august at 20mgs a day to begin, i am 5ft 10 and weigh 68Kg, Male, and i plan on keeping a weekly blog and a monthly gallery. I have researched like crazy for the last few weeks and now finally feel ready to try the tane. a few questions i do have are:

1) can I or can't I work out, my derm feels there is no problem with doing so and says he has even perscribed tane to pro footballers, however everything i read people say dont work out.

2) I have alot of red marks on my face which are finally fading, will these stop fading now for my 6 month course or will they still fade just slower?

3) does 20mgs seem a bit low for my weight or is that a good starting point.

I realise these or similar questions have been asked in the past but I'd like to hear peoples opinions and experiences. Also i am very nervous about starting my course so any advice and or encouragment would also be very apreciated! (Sorry im a poor speller)

M.B

1) you can do it, but you MAY have joint/muscle aches, and your triglycerides levels will increase on your blood tests

2) nobody knows, may even get worse with an Accutane IB

3) i'm only ~55kg and i got prescribed a full 1mg/kg dose from the start, maybe your derm will increase that dosage in the months to come

4) good luck

20mg is a good starting point, but if you do not experience any serious side effects, you should increase your daily dosage to about 60mg/day (2x30mg). otherwise, acne may come back after you finish your course if you do not have a high enough cumulative dosage.