Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eimile19

Leaving products/makeup in car ??

Hey all,

I stay over at friends' places often, so it seems like I live out of my car most of the week! So usually when i'm at work, i leave my overnight bag in my trunk.. and then i got to thinking.. with the hot hot weather (in the 90s)- that is probably isn't good for my makeup or moisturizer! I mean my deoderant usually melts into liquid after a day in the trunk! Don't u think it might cause possibly chemical changes in the moistuizer and probably mess up the texture of my makeup? or does it really matter?

any thoughts? thx

It's not a good idea, and yes, it can alter the makeup. I've had lipgloss ruined from leaving it in high heat in the car (color separates, consistency gets weird).

I've kept using stuff if it cools okay though. I think we've all left a makeup bag in the car at some point, and it would be quite expensive to throw it all out just to be safe. If it seems unaltered, then don't worry too much. Is there anyway you can bring your case into work and store it inside somewhere?

Or maybe get some kind of insulated chest/bag to keep it in when it's in your trunk...that might help.

Not only does leaving your makeup in the car alter the makeup, it also promotes the growth of bacteria due to the warm temperature and the humidity.

I'm glad this topic came up, because I do have a question. Does it altar as much if it hasn't been opened? I bought a lot of makeup yesterday (some powder, a foundation, concealer) just to see what I liked the best, and it was in the car about 5 hours. Is that too much, even though it was unopened?

It depends on how got your car would get. Heat from the inside of a car can be pretty intense. 5 hours in 100F and your non-powder makeup would probably melt.