Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I hear alot of people telling me "your marks will heal in a year'' well ive had them for 4 years!! still there and only get more........ I am sooo desperate to get rid of them I would pay all the money I have and live on the streets I am sick of wearing make-up everytime I go out I want to have clear skin and not wear make-up ALL the time Does anyone know If I should go in for laser treatment or a chemical peel...which one would work for me I have alot in the middle of my cheeks and acne well thats gone...I just want these red marks gone really bad!!!! Message me if anyone is going through the same thing as me and wants to talk about it

~Kristen

well im sorta going though the same thing, my redmarks have never lasted 4 years however i have had some last nearly 2.... but they was always hard to see because of acne i had a reddish complexion (still do i just hide it now).

you should get an appointment with a derm to find out more about laser treatments there fairly expensive however if you have some active acne i would reconmend against it, as it can make you break out worse (only happens sometimes though).

you can buy several chemical peels over the counter or online, im currently using glycolic acid (30%) which i got from ebay, its one of the stonger peels you can get. ive used this twice now (can only use once a week), and it seems to have improved my darker red marks (been there for nearly half a year). but will take at least two months i think for it to fade them to near unoticiable.

if you live in England a gp can refer you to a nhs derm (for free) and you can ask him/her about treatments as there are stonger treratments than you can buy as they need a controlled enviroment, like 80% glycolic acid which you cant buy, this one is a much deeper treatment but can leave you red for a week or two, but has been known to have an amazing effect after the 1st treatment alone, if you live anywhere where there is no pulic health treatments (eg america) then you will have to make an appiontment with a derm and will have to pay them, prices alter on how good the derm is.

there are also several other peels/creams/lotions that a derm or gp can give you to help with the red marks, but treatments such as peels and lasers are more effective but can cost several hunder each treatment

Guest anonymous
well im sorta going though the same thing, my redmarks have never lasted 4 years however i have had some last nearly 2.... but they was always hard to see because of acne i had a reddish complexion (still do i just hide it now).

you should get an appointment with a derm to find out more about laser treatments there fairly expensive however if you have some active acne i would reconmend against it, as it can make you break out worse (only happens sometimes though).

you can buy several chemical peels over the counter or online, im currently using glycolic acid (30%) which i got from ebay, its one of the stonger peels you can get. ive used this twice now (can only use once a week), and it seems to have improved my darker red marks (been there for nearly half a year). but will take at least two months i think for it to fade them to near unoticiable.

if you live in England a gp can refer you to a nhs derm (for free) and you can ask him/her about treatments as there are stonger treratments than you can buy as they need a controlled enviroment, like 80% glycolic acid which you cant buy, this one is a much deeper treatment but can leave you red for a week or two, but has been known to have an amazing effect after the 1st treatment alone, if you live anywhere where there is no pulic health treatments (eg america) then you will have to make an appiontment with a derm and will have to pay them, prices alter on how good the derm is.

there are also several other peels/creams/lotions that a derm or gp can give you to help with the red marks, but treatments such as peels and lasers are more effective but can cost several hunder each treatment

hey I was wondering if you could let me know about the irritation and the redness after your glycolic peel. and if you think that's the best one overall for red marks. I've been using 8% once a day and leaving it on for a couple min and rinsing it off wih warm water. of course i got some redness and irritation. i'm just afraid of being to aggresive with a major peel with a strong glycolic acid. also what's your take on if you have a few active pimples would you avoid that area with the peal or attack just the same. let me know what your irritation experience has been and how long it might ake to heal. of course if read on here several things. basically it's to my knowledge is that it'll probably take a couple days to recover. and how long do you keep it on for? THANKS

yeah i got 30% instead of 50% beucase i was worried about it causing to much reddness and irritation, the 30% one says to only use once a week to start with however you can move it upto every 3/4 days after so long of using it, as this one is much stonger you wash it off with water to dilute it and then put baking powder on to neturlise the acid after wise it can make your skin extremly sore, so with doing that i find its only irritates while i have it on, kinda a rapid tingly feeling, i find if i dont move around i end up touching it lol, as for redness it is a slighty more red untill the next morning (i apply mine in the morning when its the correct day) then my skin tone is back to normal) the 1st time i left it on for 2 mins i planned to leave it on for the 3 min mark but i just couldnt take the tingly feeling any longer, the 2nd time it took much longer for me to be bothered about the tingling and i used it for 3 mins. i plan to use it again tomorro and try for 4 mins.

i havnt broke out for a few months untill this morning :( so i havnt used it on active acne yet, infact ive changed my mind im going to use it tonight.... that way the reddness may have gone by morning, i plan to try it on the spot i have but i can imagin im not gonna like the feeling it will give off as its still painful, but il let you know in like 10 mins how it went on my cyst

as for if its the best for red marks i cant say this is the 1st type of peel ive tried, while i was looking into peels on this site this one seems to give off the best results (less people said it didnt work for them)

ok ive just washed it off and everything, and i meant baking soda earlier not powder both would work though, it didnt hurt my cyst or anything so it seems to be fine to use over active acne, however it realy did sting when i applied it over where i had shaved this morning which it has never done before, but i dont realy have any red marks in that area (well i have one)