Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brant

Red meat, dairy, fish oil, fiber, and colon hydrotherapy

In order to keep this short and sweet, here is what I have learned first hand over the past 6 years in regard to the link between acne and nutrition:

Red Meat: Worst thing that humans can eat on a daily/weekly basis due to the body's inability to effectively break down the dense proteins contained within. The meat essentially rots in the gut and slows down digestion and can lead to acne. Some individuals (like myself) are greatly affected by this, some are not. If you are going to continue consuming red meat, try to at least cut back.

Dairy Products: Can contain hormones and pus, and can lead to a build up of mucus throughout the body, leading to clogged pores/acne.. Why is it that so many people are allergic to dairy, or have some sort of lactose intolerance? Consider replacing with Rice Milk.

Fish Oil: Can contain undesirable amounts of iodine, but can be beneficial for some. If you can take fish oil capsules and remain clear, then by all means continue...however, if you have tried everything else and you are still suffering from acne and taking fish oil, consider stopping for a few weeks and compare the results. I personally cannot handle fish oil, regardless of the brand.

Psyllium Fiber: Great for the small intestine, but very bad for the large intestine (creates plugs and can actually block waste from being efficiently excreted from the body). I know it's all the rage here, but consider drinking aloe vera juice and taking magnesium citrate powder instead. Your colon will thank you later.

Colonics: If you have been eating the typical "American Diet" for more than a few years and do not have bowel movements at least once to twice a day, this could be a very beneficial treatment. I'm not going into detail about the pros and cons of colonics, but I will say that I would highly recommend it to anyone that is concerned about acne and overall health.

Last but not least, if you have food allergies, digestive enzymes can help to break down food that you may be allergic to so your body can absorb the nutrients easier. Source Naturals is a great brand to try out if you haven't already (works for me).

Topical treatments are not the answer...any derm that tells you this is wrong. Plain and simple. Acne is nothing more than a physical symptom...it's your body's wayof telling you that something is wrong on the inside, so pay attention. Good luck to all.

Oh yeah, one more thing to add: Try praying for good health and clear skin and have faith that you will receive both. God may not snap His fingers and give you what you desire, but He may just lead you in the right direction, especially if you are a Christian.

It all makes sense now. All this time I've been praying to the wrong god! damn it!

Think of all those poor muslims that must suffer immeasurable pain from the acne they have due to praying to the wrong god.

welp, at least I know I can skip this thread in terms of scientific basis.

It all makes sense now. All this time I've been praying to the wrong god! damn it!

Think of all those poor muslims that must suffer immeasurable pain from the acne they have due to praying to the wrong god.

welp, at least I know I can skip this thread in terms of scientific basis.

Actually, many Christians and Muslims believe that Allah and God are the same...the dividing line has to do with the belief (or lack thereof) that Jesus is the Son of God. Regardless, I will pray for you. Good luck with the BP.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST WAS BORN AND BRED A BLUE-EYED, BLONDE HAIRED AMERICAN!

The topic of this post is the link between acne and nutrition. All of the info I have gathered is the result of research I have done, trial and error, and info that I received from my dietician, colon hydrotherapist, and my former doctor (M.D.). Just trying to help others on the board that are interested in improving their health and skin.

In order to keep this short and sweet, here is what I have learned first hand over the past 6 years in regard to the link between acne and nutrition:

Red Meat: Worst thing that humans can eat on a daily/weekly basis due to the body's inability to effectively break down the dense proteins contained within. The meat essentially rots in the gut and slows down digestion and can lead to acne. Some individuals (like myself) are greatly affected by this, some are not. If you are going to continue consuming red meat, try to at least cut back.

Dairy Products: Can contain hormones and pus, and can lead to a build up of mucus throughout the body, leading to clogged pores/acne.. Why is it that so many people are allergic to dairy, or have some sort of lactose intolerance? Consider replacing with Rice Milk.

Fish Oil: Can contain undesirable amounts of iodine, but can be beneficial for some. If you can take fish oil capsules and remain clear, then by all means continue...however, if you have tried everything else and you are still suffering from acne and taking fish oil, consider stopping for a few weeks and compare the results. I personally cannot handle fish oil, regardless of the brand.

Psyllium Fiber: Great for the small intestine, but very bad for the large intestine (creates plugs and can actually block waste from being efficiently excreted from the body). I know it's all the rage here, but consider drinking aloe vera juice and taking magnesium citrate powder instead. Your colon will thank you later.

Colonics: If you have been eating the typical "American Diet" for more than a few years and do not have bowel movements at least once to twice a day, this could be a very beneficial treatment. I'm not going into detail about the pros and cons of colonics, but I will say that I would highly recommend it to anyone that is concerned about acne and overall health.

Last but not least, if you have food allergies, digestive enzymes can help to break down food that you may be allergic to so your body can absorb the nutrients easier. Source Naturals is a great brand to try out if you haven't already (works for me).

Topical treatments are not the answer...any derm that tells you this is wrong. Plain and simple. Acne is nothing more than a physical symptom...it's your body's wayof telling you that something is wrong on the inside, so pay attention. Good luck to all.

Thanks, very good..

So aloe vera juice and magnesium citrate powder will help me have a regular bm?

Is it safe to take daily..the magnesium citrate?

and colonics..what are they,and what do they assist with?

And lastly...I know I should know,but what type of digestive enzyme do you reccomend?

Thanks!!

Oh yeah, one more thing to add: Try praying for good health and clear skin and have faith that you will receive both. God may not snap His fingers and give you what you desire, but He may just lead you in the right direction, especially if you are a Christian.

I doubt God cares whether you are Christian or not, if you pray to him and beleive in him. Sorry but I find that line kind of insulting. How do you know that God gives favors to Christians....?

Can you back this up with science? Your conclusion seems disjointed. "Meat rots in the gut" and so it can "lead to acne"? What happens in between? Where's the proof that meat rots in the gut?

I think that high-fiber vegetables and starches are more likely to "rot in the gut", since they provide a lot of food for all the harmful bacteria down there, which is one reason why many people have a need to readjust their bacteria colonies with probiotics.

None of this is backed by any science. It feels like you just finished reading a few of those natural healing websites who promote a vegan diet and then came over here to share the "information" with us.

Red meat has been a staple of the human diet for much more than a million years. Several studies have concluded that the red meat's dense nutrition and high calories are what allowed our brains to develop way beyond any other animal on the planet. Of course there is a huge difference between commercial meat and game meat, or even grass fed meat, but to say that red meat in general is the worst thing we can put in our body is ignorant at best.

Advising people to cut back on foods that contain iodine is downright dangerous. The average person is deficient in iodine, which can cause several thyroid related problems. To make things worse, the iodine is often replaced by the other undesirable halogens such as fluoride, chlorine and bromine, which are found in tap water and "iodized" salt in the case of bromine. I have been experimenting with iodine for a few weeks myself. The first 2 weeks have been terrible, but I suspect that this is because the iodine removes the other halogens from the body, and that they may be excreted through the skin. I'm on my 4th week now and things have been better than before i started taking the iodine.

Colonics just seem like a bunch of garbage in the first place. Just the thought of sending vast quantities of water inside your body through an "exit only" cavity sounds completely absurd on it's own. Furthermore, anyone who has practiced an autopsy on a human body will tell you that there is no such thing as compacted waste against the colon walls. All you're doing with colonics is possibly depleting yourself of vital electrolytes.

I'm all for sharing information, but most of these claims are just bogus.

I am not promoting a vegan diet and I never said anything about cutting back on foods that contain iodine. In regard to colonics...I have had a series of them (3) so far and they have benefitted me greatly. Again, just trying to share my experience and pass on some info.

It's interesting that some individuals on here are trying everything from urine to Scotch tape to scrubbing their faces with toothbrushes, but I'm the one who is making absurd and bogus claims? If you are truly interesting in investigating the topics and "claims" that I mentioned, I would suggest doing your own research and decide for yourself.

All I know, is that after having a series of colonics, drinking aloe, and cutting out red meat, dairy, fish oil, and psyllium fiber from my diet, I have more energy, more (regular) bowel movements, and my face has cleared up. Isn't the idea of this board to share what has worked and what hasn't in regard to acne? Well, that is precisely what I am attempting to do.

It's interesting that some individuals on here are trying everything from urine to Scotch tape to scrubbing their faces with toothbrushes, but I'm the one who is making absurd and bogus claims? If you are truly interesting in investigating the topics and "claims" that I mentioned, I would suggest doing your own research and decide for yourself.

These are your suggestions. If you can't be bothered to back them up with anything, it just shows that your "6 years" of research was perhaps just a 6-second copy/paste job.

I am not promoting a vegan diet and I never said anything about cutting back on foods that contain iodine. In regard to colonics...I have had a series of them (3) so far and they have benefitted me greatly. Again, just trying to share my experience and pass on some info.

All I know, is that after having a series of colonics, drinking aloe, and cutting out red meat, dairy, fish oil, and psyllium fiber from my diet, I have more energy, more (regular) bowel movements, and my face has cleared up. Isn't the idea of this board to share what has worked and what hasn't in regard to acne? Well, that is precisely what I am attempting to do.

What Rakbs posted above is more or less the point I was trying to make.

I have been "doing my research" for years. I have probably read on the topic much more than you. I have cut out red meat, it made me miserable and i was losing weight at an incredible rate even though I was eating a 4500 calories diet approved by several nutritionists. 2 weeks after adding red meat back in, all the muscle tissue I lost was back. I have had 2 colonics done by a long time professional. I ended up in the hospital for electrolyte depletion.

If you're going to share "information", back it up with some serious evidence. I am rather tired of seeing 5 different and contradicting posts a day that basically go "This is what worked for me", followed by a list of things that are backed up by absolutely nothing.

I agree with what others have said about red meat. Evidence suggest that scavenging and hunting herbivores(=red meat) on the African savanna was profoundly influential in providing early man with the necessary nutrition to develop a large complex brain. We have been eating red meat for thousands of years. If it red meat is causing you problems its probably because your digestive system has been trashed though poor diet choices in the past or your eating meat from unhealthy feedlot animals.

It's really unfortunate that so many here are angered by the positive results I have experienced. Good luck to you all.

No-one is angry, and I'm happy you've found something that works for you. But we do have a right as much as you do to be skeptical with the information given on an open forum, especially on a topic as important as lifestyle changes. I mean, there are tons of anecdotal information out there, I can claim that eating rocks improved my digestion and cured my acne. But where's the proof, the photos, the scientific evidence? This is of course, a forum, and complex discussions with opposing viewpoints are encouraged, not only in your topic but in many others' as well.

I love the mob mentality on this site.

someone says something we dont like, and everybody piles on.

to put it blunt, grow up.. if you dont believe what Brant says -- dont do it, simple as that. you can disagree and debate, but why get so emotional.

I agree with Brant.

with my own experiments.. when i eat the red meat (hamburger,hot dog) i can guarantee a breakout.

fatty foods, fries etc? same deal. white breads, cheap carbs, same deal.

perhaps in some cases, you can process red meats. some of us cant.

acne is not a "one cure fits all" unfortunately.

Thanks to Brant for trying to point things out that helped him.

doesnt matter if you eat meat or no.. If your colons work normal like u go regular toilet a day 1-2 time.. you dont bloating after eating meal so than it means you digestion working on normal degree. I those people that alot of stressing and consipted they have chance to get ance allmost 90%

There is no "mob mentality" involved in this at all.

Original poster comes in here making claims such as "red meat rots in the colon" with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up. This is both irritating and unhelpful, especially when that theory has been disproved time and time again.

It his right to believe that his post contains good advice, but it's also my right to completely disagree with everything he said except the dairy part. This is how a discussion starts. What is the point of posting here if it's mandatory for everyone to nod and smile in agreement?

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT LORD JESUS CHRIST WAS BORN AND BRED A BLUE-EYED, BLONDE HAIRED AMERICAN!

HALLELUJAH!!

Totally Agree!!!

Original poster comes in here making claims such as "red meat rots in the colon" with absolutely no scientific evidence to back it up. This is both irritating and unhelpful, especially when that theory has been disproved time and time again.

It his right to believe that his post contains good advice, but it's also my right to completely disagree with everything he said except the dairy part. This is how a discussion starts. What is the point of posting here if it's mandatory for everyone to nod and smile in agreement?

I was not planning to post here anymore, but checked this thread again tonight and wanted to reply with the following info:

GUT = the part of the alimentary canal between the stomach and the anus.

Colitis may be considered "meat eater's disease." Here is what cooked red meat has going against it: it has no fiber; it is low in water; it is constipating and sticks to the walls of the colon, building up a layer of hardened plaque; it is mucus forming; its heated fats are carcinogenic; it takes six or more hours to digest, robbing precious digestive and nerve energy which is needed for healing and it just plain does not digest completely, so it putrefies (or rots) in the colon, producing such highly poisonous gases and compounds as hydrogen sulfide, ammonias, histamine, tyramine, putrescine, indoles, skatoles, purines, and cadaverine (take a closer look at that one!) which all irritate and poison the colon and ruin our health.

-Dr. David Klein

Director of Colitis & Crohn's Health Recovery Center

Reference Links:

http://www.elook.org/dictionary/gut.html

http://www.colitis-crohns.com/facts.html

If anyone would like "scientific evidence" in regard to this, please contact Dr. Klein. I am not a scientist, nor do I feel it necessary to go out of my way to try and prove anything...I just know what I have learned over the years and what has benefited me first hand. If you don't have a problem eating meat, then by all means continue eating it...this post was intended for open-minded individuals who are looking to change their eating habits in order to improve their acne (and as I recall, meat was not really the focus).

If you and all of the other naysayers responding to this thread are so well informed and require "scientific evidence" as a prerequisite to post information, how about you provide me with evidence (based on science) that refutes everything I have said so far. Goes both ways my friend(s). Good luck to all of you...hopefully this sort of debate will shed some light on the subject and help at least one person in the process, regardless if they agree with me or not.

I love the mob mentality on this site.

someone says something we dont like, and everybody piles on.

to put it blunt, grow up.. if you dont believe what Brant says -- dont do it, simple as that. you can disagree and debate, but why get so emotional.

I agree with Brant.

with my own experiments.. when i eat the red meat (hamburger,hot dog) i can guarantee a breakout.

fatty foods, fries etc? same deal. white breads, cheap carbs, same deal.

perhaps in some cases, you can process red meats. some of us cant.

acne is not a "one cure fits all" unfortunately.

Thanks to Brant for trying to point things out that helped him.

I am more than capable of defending myself, but thanks man...I appreciate your kind words.