Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
front-desk-girl

Are You a Picking ADDICT??

I CANNOT keep my fingers off my face!!! I have what they call "excoriated acne" (can look it up or find definition in my blog) but it's basically picking at every single little blemish and detail for hours.... n-o-t g-o-o-d. :naughty: I don't know what to do. I live 2 hours from my BF and tomorrow is one of the days I see him (he comes to me : ) BUT this morning I atttttacked my face. I have a cyst on the left cheek and a cluster of not-healed-yet zits below it on my jawline (not to mention the other side), and it's sooo bad. I squeezed and scratched at that cyst and another smaller one on the right side.

I'm miserable and hiding from everyone at work. Dodging eye contact, being mean so people leave me alone, you know....And to top it all off, it HURTS! I have two open wounds on my face from digging and squeezing this morning. To attempt to put my foundation and powder on, I used the no-nix styptic stick to help stop the clear liquid from seeping out when I was done mutilating myself, but that just hurts all day. And it looks terrible under makeup! Everyone who has acne knows very well that they should keep their hands off their face, but if you go overboard like I did, what do you do to heal a big wound quickly??????

I usually put a hot cloth on it to help extract the secretion, and then an ice cube to close surrounding pores so they don't get infected and so some of the inflammation goes down....and people on this site don't like to use alcohol, but I'll usually use an alcohol pad because it dries everything out quicker, then give it about 30 to 45 minutes to close up before makeup.........they always look better if you can keep your hands off, but sometimes you just have to pick :)

oh and another thing.....if you're like me and you're one of those people that HAS to get the hard white out from deep inside once you've picked, revlon and a few other brands make this little blackhead extractor tool that is like a tiny spoon with a hole in it that gets them out well, it's always by all of the tweezers in the store. That way you can wipe it with alcohol and get them out without spreading dirt and oil from your fingers, and also you don't have to dig in with your fingers or nails and mess it up more :)

sad to say i'm a habitual picker. worst of all i know that i always end up doing more damage than good. i want to stop what i'm doing to myself a lot of times but i have this need for control over my skin. it's like if somethings wrong on my face i have to fix it by all mean necessary. i wish i could stop obsessing. i can hardly bare to go out some days because of the job i do on my face.

I agree that ice helps alot. definitely ice a zit you've popped that feels inflamed, then I put hydrogen peroxide. I can go weeks without picking and then suddenly I can't stop. Right now i've been picking because retin-a is making things pop out and I can't stand it. I'm trying really hard not to pop this thing on my chin. I constantly get these little pus filled things that aren't regular zits. I'm trying to stop picking because I know it only makes it worse but sometimes I get so upset I just want to get the stuff out even though I know I'll probably make it worse. Good luck with your picking and your boyfriend. And thanks to Front desk girl for giving me support.