Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
southOCcali

my girlfriend doesnt understand!!!

She doesnt understand why everytime we hang out i never want to go out because my skin looks fucking horrible. She keeps telling me "it doesnt look that bad" like thats gonna make a difference because i know shes full of shit anyways. This is making me so angry how no one understands the way i feel about my fucked up face.

i'm telling you right now and this is a cold, hard fact. if you keep this up, she's going to get fed up with your lack of confidence and she's going to dump you. then she's going to tell you it's not your fault, that it's hers and that she isn't capable of a relationship. blah blah blabadeeblah. i'm telling you, you're going to be left out in the cold.

so my advice to you: fuck it. you have a girl now who likes you so make the best of it. savor every fucking moment of it. yes, yes, i know acne sucks the joy out of life, but i guarantee it's going to suck even more if she kicks you to the curb. believe me, i will not lie to you.

drop the insecurities before it's too late.

as blunt as it sounds it's very, very true.

lack of self confidence is one of the biggest turn offs for most people.

you shouldn't feel like you don't want to leave your house, don't let it get to you like that.

i feel that way sometimes but i always ignore it because i know it's just going to eat me alive if i don't. you need to rise above those insecure feelings, you definitely have the power to do it.

just be strong and confident-even if you don't feel that way-pretend to do so and you will eventually build up real confidence.

you have the ability to rise above the depression enduced by acne, just be strong and hold onto the people in your life who truly love you.

please do not resent your girlfriend for telling you it doesn't look "that bad" because to be honest, she's probably right. you notice blemishes on your face alot more than the people around you, especially the ones who love you. she is trying to support you through some tough times so don't put her down and go out, enjoy a social life. if you need to avoid mirrors to prevent yourself from thinking about it, then do so. just don't let this disease overpower your mind and self confidence.

i know its so much easier said than done, fuck i feel the way you do alot of the time.

just don't let acne interfere with the happiness of any of your personal relationships by dwelling on it.

She doesnt understand why everytime we hang out i never want to go out because my skin looks fucking horrible. She keeps telling me "it doesnt look that bad" like thats gonna make a difference because i know shes full of shit anyways. This is making me so angry how no one understands the way i feel about my fucked up face.

You just dont say that sort of thing about your girlfriend, and if thats your opinion on her then why are you going out with her?

You are in a great position to have a girl liking you and wanting to go out places with you. You need to forget about acne, the fact she says it doesnt look bad and wants to go out proves it means nothing to her and just wants to be with you.

Acne can effect your life in a way that you dont want to go out anymore, but you have a reason to go out and you have to fight against the bad feelings and just have a good time with your girlfriend. In the long run you can think about all the good times you have, or how it ended so shit because you never went out to places with her.

Things can be tough, but you want to go to places with her dont you, so just do it. Theres no reason you shouldnt, dont let your skin effect your life or your relationships.

go ahead and keep thinking and acting like that. then you will be alone soon enough and not have to worry about going out anymore.

If you don't think about it and just go about life like someone without any acne at all, it will change everything for you.

i know i shouldnt resent her for saying that and shes a very sweet and supporting person, but its so hard to not get a little irritated when my face so obviously looks bad.

bro..we are on the same boat...i tell her i cant see her like this and ill see her till it gets better and she understands..she doesnt get mad..she just says that its not that bad...i say to myself "wtf? it is really bad and i dont want to feel embarrased!".. i just hope it gets better soon :/ this sht fucks up my life!!! FUCK!!!!!!! lol..i just hate this like u..

you know what dude you are so lucky to have a girl who thinks you are beautiful to her.

you should be feeling good man. i know what you're going through dude but sometimes you just have to be like whatever and go. who cares what other people think. i know its hard to but just act like it. good luck man

you know what dude you are so lucky to have a girl who thinks you are beautiful to her.

you should be feeling good man. i know what you're going through dude but sometimes you just have to be like whatever and go. who cares what other people think. i know its hard to but just act like it. good luck man

there are days where i am trying to be like whatevers and face the world..but those times almost never occur :/ i think im freaking out myself because i have bad acne. It is very shocking because i never had this acne. It started barely 2 months ago and now my face is literly crap...

but im going on accutane anytime this week as soon as my insurance covers it and i hope for the best .

wish me luck :)

I know where you are coming from. My family, and girl friend always tell me my face doesn't look that bad. People who don't suffer from acne will never understand the pain we go through. I think we just need to move on with our lives and make the best of things. At the moment I am trying microderm and non-ablative laser treatments. Progress is very slow, but it is progress. Try to make the best of your situation, its the only situation you have.

one day you'll realise there's more to it then just your appearance but by then you wont get these lost years back

I kind of no what your saying buddy, I'm in a similar situation myself. But you've got to look at it as a good thing. Your skin might feel/look like shit but you've got a girlfriend who can look past that and doesn't think it's all that bad.

She's not full of shit, if she did think it was that bad she would split like a banana. That's the good thing about girlfriends in my opinion, they will leave you before the bullshit to you.

Seriously though, you have a girlfriend. Cheer the fuck up

u need to man up or shes ganna leave u.

she doesnt need another pussy, she already has one

Dude i'm sorry you're feeling that way, I was the same a few years ago, I would always make an excuse and not see my girlfriend or change plans so we stayed at home instead of going out, and my skin wasn't even that bad when I felt like that; it was just the self esteem issues i hadn't dealt with since my acne was at its worst.

I understand how you feel, I know you probably think that she's just saying these things for the hell of it, and it must seem hard to believe at times when you feel your lowest. Consider this though, you are lucky enough to have a girlfriend that cares about you, therefore you must have a number of endearing qualities about your appearance and personality. This girl wants to spend time with you, she wants to go out and have fun with you, but there is only so much a person can take, if this continues you may very well lose her and end up alone like so many of us.

I used to get drunk before going out if I felt low on confidence; had many interesting first dates (one involving me vomiting on the poor girls shoes) so maybe you could try that, (minus the vomiting on shoes part, they're not so keen on that) just have a couple beers before you go out, you won't feel as insecure and it does give you a bit of a boost and makes you think "Fuck it!".

one day you'll realise there's more to it then just your appearance but by then you wont get these lost years back

this is very good advice

I used to get drunk before going out if I felt low on confidence; had many interesting first dates (one involving me vomiting on the poor girls shoes) so maybe you could try that, (minus the vomiting on shoes part, they're not so keen on that) just have a couple beers before you go out, you won't feel as insecure and it does give you a bit of a boost and makes you think "Fuck it!".

I do see where you're coming from but using alcohol as a method to gain self confidence will only hinder you, not help you. If you get yourself into that you will end up dealing with a bigger problem than your acne-alcoholism.

No you don't understand. One day you will wake up alone and pissed and confused and realize what you have done. You will have had successfully pushed out everything good in your life for the excuse of your acne. You will grow more and more sad when you realize that the best thing going for you, you destroyed - your girl. You will feel what one feels when they burn up a winning lottery ticket.

u need to man up or shes ganna leave u.

she doesnt need another pussy, she already has one

hahahaha. i'm going to use this.

Hey, I use to date this super hot, really fine, bomb ass hairstylist who was a 10. I LOVED going out with her. It gave other guys with bad complexions a confidence boost when they looked at me, and then looked at her...

:)

Go out, have a good time and enjoy life dOOd!!!!

I understand your frustrations dude i used to go through this when i was like 18 or 19. But you should take it as a compliment. You have a girlfriend who likes you for you and doesnt care if u have acne or not. Her opinion should be the only one that counts to you. Take comfort in that.

thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate the advice. Things are still the same, i still isolate myself cuz of my face and i dont see this changing until my skin gets better.

I understand it perfectly well. I may not be giving the best advice by telling you this but their are cetain things, namely acne that take up all of our energy and enthusiasm which leaves us with little to spare for others. When this happens we naturally deteriorate as humans. It this case, you can't help it, she can't help it, no one can...except maybe time. It's one thing for us to feel like shit (and we have the right to feel however we want), but it's another thing to bring people down with us. Inevitably, you're girlfriend can only take so much and I'm sure she feels helpless. I think it's best to work on yourself right now and if it takes breaking up until you feel more stable then so be it. If she's as supportive she'll stick around as a friend and if it's truly meant to be you'll be back together when things change. But I find that one of the most selfish things a person can do is drag someone down the dark hole with them and you might not be deliberately trying to do this but your negativity is bringing her down. Do yourself a favor and especially her....spare the grief.

In the end it's your battle to fight and no one elses and no one, unless they're going through the same thing will ever understand.