Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cave

self tanners

whats a good self tanner that won't make you break out. does anyone have any recommendations/ also what about airbrushing? thanks-

This is a direct quote from e-mail that I got from sunless tan guru from vogue.com.au

He is a guy who use tanning stuff quite a lot. Hope this help.

Hey , 

Generally, I like a lotion for the body and a gel for the face. Some really good ones that come to mind for the body are: 

- Garnier Ambre Solaire Moisturising Bronzing Milk 

- David Jones Sunless Tanning Lotion 

- Amcal Sunless Tanning Lotion 

- St. Tropez Mousse/Lotion 

- Face Of Australia Tanning Gel (is also meant to be good, I am yet to try it - it's sitting on my shelf ) 

For the face I like: 

- L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel 

- Coppertone Oil-Free Sunless Tanning Lotion in Medium/Dark 

- Au Courant Clear Face Gel 

- Estee Lauder Sunless SuperTan 

- Clarins Gelee Autobronzante Express 

Some people would prefer different products though, I have found these and quite like them for my use - but they mightn't suit others. 

Also, MakeUpAlley.Com has some tried and tested sunless tanning lotions rated by people who know what they like. 

And check out www.sunless.com for a lot of information you might like to investigate.

I've been using Estee Lauder for a couple of years and it didn't break me out. It works pretty well. I've recently been battling acne again so I haven't been using it but I'm going to be this summer because I can't really tan so I use the tanner and then put my make up (Clinique powder) over it.

Hope this helps:)

Well I think I've found the perfect answer. Of course, every product has different effects on different people, so I can't promise anything, but for me the PERFECT self-tanner that has a great colour and doesn't break me out in any way is Au Courant Bronze Face Gel (the first ingredient on the ingredient list is pure aloe vera gel - a good sign, i think!)

I put a non-breaking-out moisturiser on first, let it sink in, then mix the self-tanner and a bit of moisturiser in my hand and apply it.

Good luck!

check out www.sunless.com It gives great product reviews of self tanners.

So far I've only used Mystic Tan boxes at TanTopia Tanning centers, and it looks completely real. Everyone that noticed couldnt believe it was fake, then again it should have been obvious since how can a really pale Irish kid get a great tan overnight? The only disadvantage is the cost.

Ive heard great things about Coppertone Oil Free Sunless Tanning Lotion. I'll start using it this summer so I can look tan all summer w/out skin damage and without the high cost of fake tan boxes.

this may be a stupid question, but can you use the AU Courant bronze face gel in your whole body too??

There's no technical reason why you can't use the Au Courant bronze gel on your body too, but there is a financial one - it comes in a very small bottle and is quite expensive so it would cost a lot. Maybe one of their other ones would be good for body - like the mousse or spray? Worth a try...

Do you guys think all of our acne medications and stuff will strip the tan off of the face?  I'm just wondering that.

^ Yup! Isn't it a great website?

I put on L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Sunless Tanning gel on friday, and despite the use of Benzamycin (Basically Benzyl Peroxide), my tan has not faded. So in my experience, acne medication does not strip the tan.

And I highly recommend L'Oreal Sublime. It looks even more natural than the spray on tan I got and I have been getting many compliments on it. Oh, and its cheap!

Yeah...I think I'm in love *sigh*...haha...I LOVE the techniques and pictures they provide--it makes everything so much easier to read...is there any more sites like that?...I also love that lovely Vogue site Misty gave...thanks Misty...

And for me, I use the Neutrogena Instant Tanner...I love it, it actually works! I love the control--just apply more layers for darker effect...and it makes me glow! And, personally, I like bronzer on my face because it allows me have a clear slate to apply the BP at night--but whatever works... biggrin.gif I gonnal try your tanner next biggrin.gif/ ... thanks...