Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, what foods are vitamin A free and how careful do you really need to be?:P I found some guava juice that doesn't have any vitamin a, but orange juice, mixed vegetable juice etc have quite a bit.

I've just started a low dose course so I guess Im obsessing a bit. But it would be great if anyone could list foods that are ok on tane and are vitamin a free. TIA

Its good that you're looking out for your health and well-being, but to be honest with you, adding the amount of vitamin A found in food and vitamins to your dose of accutane will effectively do nothing. If you started taking a vitamin with say 10,00% of the daily recommended intake of vitamin A along with tane then you might run into a little trouble, but accutane is so powerful and contains so much vitamin A (derivative) that adding 100-500% of the recommended daily intake will have no effect. Think of it this way: if you had a bathtub of water (accutane) and then you were worried about adding another glass of water to it (extra vitamin A in food) - my derm described it as pissing on a submarine - it has no effect. So I'd say don't even think about it, but if you're still stressing talk to your derm about it to get reassured. Good luck!

Thanks for explaning it - that makes sense. And LOL @ 'pissing on a submarine.' I wish I had your derm:)