Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lateef abdullah

Whoever used or Uses Paulas Choice

When your trying to Clear your Under the Skin Acne (Comedonal Acne)

Does it Serface and Turn to Whiteheads Or get Inflamed

Or does it Just go Down

Ive Been using 2%BHA for 2 Weeks No real change

My inflamed acne is basically gone with one left

All thats left is Under the Skin Tiny Bumps

how long does it usually take to Clear.

lol you sound like you are describing me. I have also been using that stuff for about 2 weeks, I have 1 inflamed pimple and a whole bunch of clogged pores. I am wondering if my skin might be purging from the BHA because I never had this many comedones at once before.

See Angi's chin thread in this forum. People there, including me, are discussing how to clear this kind of acne. I am attacking it with retin-a, and just got a stronger concentration, so... :pray:

Two weeks is really soon to tell if the BHA is working. My derm told me it can take months & months for this kind of stubborn, deeply rooted comedal acne to clear up, and that's with retin-a even. With BHA, you could be looking at a year or you may even need something stronger.

I would also like to know how this acne clears up too though. Do the bumps just go away or do they "surface" as inflamed acne & then clear? :think:

My skin kind of did all of the above. The inflamed breakouts were the first ones to taper off, though. I think what kind of acne you're normally prone to affects the nature of your IB.

I have been using mainly SA. I've been on it for about 25 or so days now. I had many, many comedones, and they are now surfacing, becoming inflamed, and are easier to squeeze out. FACIALS are a must with this type of acne. It is so much more stubborn than inflamed acne, a dollop of BP here and there will NOT take care of it. Facials will give you a jump start on your treatment and help maintain it. I am getting one today, along with a microdermabrasion treatment (this helps rid the skin of dead cells, making it less likely to get clogged pores, plus my skin looks glowing afterwards).

I'm hoping that the Green Cream I am adding will help get rid of anything the SA can't.