Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boomers

The pointless boredom thread

ok so who else is sick of people posting about various scar treatments without providing any information whatsoever..... i was recently reading the reviews on laser resurfacing and many dont even specify as to which treatment they had...

and some people post positively 5 days after their treatments and say it works!!! omg :wall::wall:

red marks arent scars and people whine and moan about one tiny little imperfection on their face when some people on here have deep scars all over....

needless to say this place is good for info. but becomes less attractive as time passes....

ok now sooooo many bad things said about traditional co2 on the reviews.... many complain about no difference in scars and new scars..... barely any positive reviews, that being said why do doctors say that it is the best thing for scars when the majority seem to have had many complications?

and please add to my list of things that work for scars (vitamins, diet, exercise excluded)

-smoothbeam (the best thing? possibly)

-retin a micro (lightening effect)

-subscision

-fillers (will never do)

-needling (small improvement for me pictures seemed photo shopped for sure on the internet)

-peels (temporary may burn your face if chemical and may enlarge pores)

the who knows if it will work, do nothing or make my face worse list

-traditional co2 ????????????? thought this was the answer but not sure anymore

-dermabrasion

-fraxel re:store and re:pair

-every type of punch (float, excision, graph)

-needling with a tattoo gun

-every other non ablative and ablative laser (except smoothbeam....for some reason i like it, seems to have gotten the most positive reviews)

-acv (did nothing)

-CROSS (did nothing and made my face worse my own fault....applied badly)

-sandpaper

-fairy dust

Yeah, I really hate when people don't specify the size of their scarring, age, etc. The co2 does offer results, but it's the size of the scarring that is important.

Yeah, I really hate when people don't specify the size of their scarring, age, etc. The co2 does offer results, but it's the size of the scarring that is important.

Before I started my posts on 'Truth about lasers' I should've let people know that my scars are deep and not shallow. Fraxel and Erbium lasers are for shallow scars so they didn't do a damn thing for me. When I get TotalFX done I'll be sure to post pics and leave updates up to a year, cause usually it takes months/year(s) to fully realize what the laser has done for your skin. Here is a post I read just yesterday from someone who had DeepFX done over a month ago on realself.com:

Hi _____,

I have some scars on my cheeks and on my chin and I had DeepFX performed at the beginning of July. I'm now more than a month post-procedure. In the beginning, I was underwhelmed and unsure that anything significant had happened. I had had small pores prior to the procedure and for nearly a month after, my pores were quite a bit larger than they had been. Also, it seemed that I might have some new icepick-like scars. I hadn't had any before the procedure, so I was concerned. These have all disappeared over the last couple of weeks, however, and I now think that my pores are perhaps slightly smaller than they were before DeepFX. My scars have been slowly improving as well and my face is definitely tighter. I'm now very happy with the results. Some of my scars are actually gone and the deeper ones are much softer and barely visible…thought I'd just share what it's like to be a little further along.