Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dermatologist prescribed Tazorac and Minocycline for me and I was wondering what it actually does? The minocycline. Is it going to make my skin worse before it gets better? Why? Please post your experiences with it.

i was prescribed minocycline about 3 or so weeks ago...i was off of it this past week for a surgery i was having and in that week i saw my skin get a bit worse then it had been i think...i have seen some improvement though but im hoping with more time ill see even more improvement..i would also like to hear others posts who have been on it for a longer period of time

My dermatologist prescribed Tazorac and Minocycline for me and I was wondering what it actually does? The minocycline. Is it going to make my skin worse before it gets better? Why? Please post your experiences with it.

how long have you been taking the pills ? how much mg ?

ive been doing a little research.. and yea like the other person said its clears the acne that is about to come out ...i read your acne develops like for days or weeks before acne pops out on your face

correct me if im wrong ...

i myself have been thinking of asking my dermatologist for minocycline or tetracycline...been reading on here and those 2 seem to have worked for alot of people in here...i myself dont break out much only under my chin neck area ...but im also worried if i take a oral anti that i will break else where on my face where iv have had never had problem with ...

I've been on a 200mg a day of minocycline, brevoxyl in the morning, and tretinoin at night regimen. I originally had moderate/severe acne with extremely oily skin. For the first week, it looked like I had been on a miracle regimen, as my skin started clearing fantastically. I experienced my initial breakout at the start of the second week, and it was pretty severe. It wasn't until about the 6th week where I actually saw an improvement in my acne.

I've now been on this regimen for about 7 weeks. I see a huge improvement in my acne since I began and I'm hopeful it can only get better from here. I wash twice daily, morning and night, before I apply my topicals. My face is EXTREMELY dry after I wash, even though I use cetaphil gentle skin cleanser, but I'm hoping this will stop once my skin adjusts to the drugs.

I've been on 100 mg Minocyclene once a day for about a year. I don't know about you, but I've had some positive and negative effects of it. I found that it reduced my acne quite a bit, however, it didn't take it all away, I still get breakouts, just not as severe. I've seen a huge improvement with my acne, however, I have that type of skin that takes forever to heal...Anyways, hope this helps.

I've been on 100 mg Minocyclene once a day for about a year. I don't know about you, but I've had some positive and negative effects of it. I found that it reduced my acne quite a bit, however, it didn't take it all away, I still get breakouts, just not as severe. I've seen a huge improvement with my acne, however, I have that type of skin that takes forever to heal...Anyways, hope this helps.

Pretty much the same here. I still breakout too just not as bad as I used to.

in my experience, i was prescribed 200mg of minocycline per day as 100mg in the morning and 100mg at night. after about 6 weeks, i saw minimal improvement, so i dropped my dose down to 100mg at night, and the clearing has been much more dramatic. granted, my face wasn't really what i was using it for, but instead i was on it for bacne. as of now, my back is clear.

i know that antibiotics are not a good idea for long term use, and resistance is a common problem, but until i find a better topical treatment, i'm in a bind. =/