Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dely07

Anyone Starting Accutane Around 20th August??

Is anyone starting accutane around 20th august so i can start accutane at the same time as someone else :)

Alot of people seem to have someone they started accutane with around the same time

Which would be nice :)

so if anyone is starting around that time please tell me :)

Thanks xxx

I have my next derm appointment on August 5th. My results from the blood test can be entered into the iPledge system on August 8th. So I will be starting close to the same time that you are. I'm going to be on a 4 month course.

Oh great thats near enough i don't even know when i'm having my blood tests or how long my course is but i know i'm deffinately starting on the 20th so i assume my blood tests will be a few days before then :)

Oh great thats near enough i don't even know when i'm having my blood tests or how long my course is but i know i'm deffinately starting on the 20th so i assume my blood tests will be a few days before then :)

i could be!! i was ment to go on it a while back but because i have been on it be4 (yes it did come back) :wall: i didn't reallllllly wanna do it again. i did laser treatment it got rid of redness but that was about it really and as i tried EVERYTHING else you can have!!!! ..... i'm back on this lol but i'm gunna do it private this time so fingers crossed ... :dance:

I'm very nervous about going on accutane. But we'll see what happens. I'm hoping for a low dosage at least to begin with to see how it will affect my body. But then again thats up to the derm :(

nuthin 2 worry about, if u dnt like it just go back and let them know it's not working out i didn't really have many side effects just dry lips,brows and my face went chubby and it did get worse be4 it went better lol but 2 be honest i just wanted all the spots gone i did have acne since i was 11 and i'm now 22 and yeh it has come back but not as bad as be4 i went on the stuff but i was told some people do need a top up and others are just lucky and are clear 4 life!!

I am starting on Aug. 20! I just have to get one more negative pregnancy test and my appt. to get the prescription is Aug. 20. Since I live in the US, I have really been trying to stay on top of all of the iPledge stuff so that I don't have to delay my start date and so far all is going well. Spoke to my derm last week, and she said to plan for an August 20 start date. I expect to be on it for 20 weeks, but I don't know what dosage I'll be at yet.

So...yeah, I'll be starting same day as you! I am so ready to get this over with :D .

I start on the 14-20th range. My appt is on the 14th but I'm guess he will tell me to get my 2nd blood test then I can start the perscription!!!

i should be starting august 25th, so i'll be right behind you. that's assuming i'm not pregnant and my blood tests are good. arg, i just wanna start now!

Is anyone starting accutane around 20th august so i can start accutane at the same time as someone else :)

Alot of people seem to have someone they started accutane with around the same time

Thanks xxx

I START AROUND THEN! let's be buddies :)

how come it takes awhile for you guys to get the accutane pills? is it harder for girls? i remembered i decided to get it on saturday night, had to wait till monday cuz dermatologist office was closed sundays, went in on monday w/o a appointment, gave the blood test in on tuesday and got the pills tuesday night, then started on wedesday morning.

I am starting tonight. Hopefully it will go well! I have bought some Cetaphil Cleanser. I am going to stick with my old moisturizer, Neutrogena SPF15 oil free moisturizer, but I am not sure if it will be enough to help the dry skin I hear about. Will see...

Thats what I thought. But since the pills only come in 10mg, 20mg and 40mg I was given 60 - 40 mg pills and 30 - 20 mg pills. So if I need to I can slack off and take less.

Thanks xxx

I should be starting accutane around that time (Aug 15th-ish) if all my bloodwork checks out :) Still don't know what my dose or treatment time will be, but I'm looking forward to getting it underway. Glad to have some virtual company in this experience. Hopefully we'll all have exciting results to share in the upcoming months. Good luck everyone!

I take the first pill on the 12/13 so basically I start right now. That's not too far from your specified time. We'll be in it together!