Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bucketheadman

my clogged pores nose, nostrils, and under right lip

So I've had this ongoing problem for a couple years. I have pretty much no inflammed acne but my pores seem like they have been getting better over the past years except for a few problems areas that just seem to just fill back up after about a week after trying to push most of them out. the sides of my nostrils and the top of my nose never seems to go clear of these pores they just fill back up after a week. It is just really frustrating sometimes. I only use the regimens benzoil peroxide product and the moisturizer which seems to work great but I feel I need to finally take control of these pores so I can finally gain the confidence I need. I know there is a lot of products out there and I am trying to read some existing posts to find a good treatment for the pores but I would love to hear from some of you about this as well. I need to tackle this tough problem by finding the the right and most effective treatment to clear the clogged pores on my nose, sides of the nostrils, and and under my lip areas and keep them clear. I would like to thank everyone in advance that struggles with similar problems as me and good luck to them and thanks for the advice.

have you ever considered that you MAY have malezzia folliticutus(sp)

thread otherwise at the top/.

No I haven't thought of that thank you. Where is that thread for that?

Yeah I just looked Malassezia up and I don't think that's the case at all after seeing picks of what it is. My stuff doesn't look like that or really have many of the same symptoms as that. It's not itchy, painfull, red etc.. It's not that much but in the areas I stated just my nose and nostrils area always comes back but it's not to much and is under the skin and comes out in not much but lil white stringy stuff around my nostrils and top nose area. It's not pailful nor does it really leave much of any visual marks. The problem is it just keeps coming back and the cause of my acne. So I always thought I just had really clogged pores I just haven't treated it correctly cuz I don't know how to. Thanks for the input firestar

Noxema is a great cleanser; it worked wonders for me.

Have you seen your derm? It may not be acne. :shifty:

Good luck!

Noxema ehh...did you use it for clogged pores and similar symptoms as myself? And what were ur results? No I haven't seen my derm since I was a young teen due to the fact I haven't had health insurance but I just got a job through UPS and they offer it after a few months of employment so I guess I'll give this one more try before I have that chance to.

Yep, I used it for my nose which was a total disgrace. It was totally clogged and the pores were raised; after a few days of using Noxema (2-3) I noticed a near-total reduction. Hmm...also, the pores were hugeee! :redface: I used the original, but if you have sensitive skin like me I wouldn't use it every day. It could be irritating. If it works for you like it did for me I'll bet that you will notice a change the first time you use it. :dance:

Yep, I used it for my nose which was a total disgrace. It was totally clogged and the pores were raised; after a few days of using Noxema (2-3) I noticed a near-total reduction. Hmm...also, the pores were hugeee! :redface: I used the original, but if you have sensitive skin like me I wouldn't use it every day. It could be irritating. If it works for you like it did for me I'll bet that you will notice a change the first time you use it. :dance:

Cool man. Did u have the stringiness under the skin around ur nose and came out when pressured like me or no? And this product took care and got rid of that? I really appreciate the info I'm just trying to make sure I do the right research to try and purchase the right product for my condition. And it's just called Noxema? is it a aha? thank you again

so I'm either gonna try a MA after reading a thread above by lion queen or most likely thee Noxzema Triple Clean Blackhead Cleanser. Not completely convinced thou which I should try. Thanks again

Cool man. Did u have the stringiness under the skin around ur nose and came out when pressured like me or no? And this product took care and got rid of that? I really appreciate the info I'm just trying to make sure I do the right research to try and purchase the right product for my condition. And it's just called Noxema? is it a aha? thank you again

Yep, I have that. And that's pus. :shock: I think that there was a study done on that and it was found to contain a lot of P.Acnes bacteria...Don't squeeze whatever you do, or you'll irritate your follicle walls. Noxema didn't totally rid me of that, but it helped a lot. =) Gl!