Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
live2sing

Live2sing's Accutane log

hello all...hows everyone doing???

Day 1

Well I just took my first pill(Sotret [40 mg]) this morning :|

Im sooo scared for the IB....ugh ive been dreading it because my face has been doing sooooo well lately, except today :(....did everyone have an ib????????????

So this morning i woke up and i have 1 whitehead...not that big tho...1 medium sized red bump but not a cyst. and 3 little red bumps. None are too bad tho.

I feel reallly oilly so i might go out and get some Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheets because i just ran out...perfect day to run out.

My back is mainly why my doc perscribed it because he's afraid it may scar...but im not really sure how bad it is b/c i cant see my back.

Thats about it, not side affects yet, i mean my eyes feel a lil funny but it might just be my contacts.

I'll try to update soon and put up pics.

peace,love, happiness,

live2sing

kjhdskljhf

so sum up of...

week 1!

I WAS SOOO OILY ALLL WEEK! it felt nasty...my face and hair were oily!

I definatly had an IB because my face got soo much worse. I got over 10 new zits through out the week. none that are too bad but still! the first 3 days it was bad then it started to clear...now its bad again.

Ive had some back pain just when i bend over...and my knee gives out on me lately. dont no if its from accutane tho?

my cheeks are red like they are sunburned but their not since i havent been in the sun, so im not sure why its all red.

On the...

week 2!

so i feel like a zit coming in about my lip hoepfully theres no whitehead and it goes away soon.. and on is coming in on my chin i have a big pimple...i tried to ice it wehn i felt it coming in...but that didnt do anything! ahhhh

all of a sudden i have chest acne...thats never happened before. :shock:

i have a bunch of read marks from a bunch of whiteheads ive gotten in the past week on my forehead and on the sides of my face and there on on my right cheek. blahhh

im not happy with this IB i want it over! i just keeping getting new zit after new zit ah im so insecure! hahaha :mad:

finally im getting drier. My lips hurt and are dry lkajsd gotta get some aquaphor cuz what i have now works for 5 minutes.

one week before accutane my face was clear! seriuosly! but ugh now its not and i feel disgusting!

and i really wanna get my eyebrows waxed but i cant :confused: im not a big fan of plucking! does anyone no if threading costs alot?

ahhhhhh i feel absolutely fine...then i look in a morror and my face is gross i dont ever wanna look at myself!! how long did u guys all breakout until you saw clearness and results??

i no im only a week in but serioulsy my face looked 50 times better before accutane than it does right now

Hello everyone! how are you all doing?! hope your doing good! im in a good mood, maybe its the weather, its BEAUTIFUL outside!

Anywho...back to the logging.....

Week 2 plus a day...(wouldve updated yesterday but i was out with my friends till late :)

Lips; dry in the morning and if i regularly apply chapstick im all good.

eyes; dry...i also have contacts...so i constantly feel like my eyes are tired.

Hair; NOT OILY! yay! i tested my hair by waiting a day before i washed it and still not oily!

umh skin; dry...still breaking out ..ugh..

eyebrows; i did them myslef (stupid no waxing) and i didnt feel like finding a threading place so they finally dont look like hairy beasts, they are pretty :)

joints; my wrist and my knee hurt and my knee keeps giving out on me...but ill deal.

i think thats all i have to say

have a good weekend everyone :)

love always,

live2sing

Sorry to hear about the IB... I'm hoping I don't have one... even though I'm sure I will at some point soon :( I just started accutane on August 4th. Good luck and just keep thinking about the amazing clear skin that's only a few more months away :)

Thanks guys for the replies, it means alot.

Week 3

HEY all its been three weeks! ahah how is everyone?!?

so ah this weeks been quite a week.

anyway,

side effects: all weekend i was nauseaus(sp) and sometimes the room would start spinning, it might not have been the medicine, but now it's over.

my arms have these dry bumps that kinda burn if you touch them so, ive been lotioning my arms and its getting better.

Lips: dry like usual

Hair; not oily at all!

Face: Getting there for sure. Only a bump on my cheek and one on my forehead thats drying up. All the rest are scars/pigmentation, or spots drying up from a zit earlier. I'm getting more comfortable with my skin, yesterday, i went out and pulled my bangs back so my whole face was shown and i felt pretty still, idk if the ib is over but im hoping so.

My blackheads are falling out alot, its nice, i never actually new it was blackheads until now, cant wait for the rest to fall out.

Back, getting there

Chest: starting to breakout right when i thought it was getting better.

OKAY so i have a story, it may or may not make you feel better but it made me feel much better.

Once upon a time this week, I met my favorite celebrity. I was pretty happy about my face it looked really good all you could see was one scar on my face(i had no actives on my face cept beneath my bangs, so you couldnt see them) in the whole picture that we took together. So i talked to him for a bit and i looked at him and he had blackheads on his nose and a zit right under his nose. It made him seem more like just a regular person to me, and i felt good about everything, because no matter how perfect i think he is, he has his flaws too, and he's still cute! So when your feeling down about yourself, just know everyone has their flaws even celebrities, and sometimes your flaws make you, you.

Good Luck to everyone else, even though its hard, keep your head up, because everything that's meant to be, will be.

I've gotta go now, ill update in a week and a day because im going on vacation. Rememeber always though, you're perfect the way you are.

xoxo,

Live2sing

I'm glad things are going well!! I'm like you - my worst breakouts are on my forehead, but I'm able to cover them pretty well with my bangs. I'm glad you could wear them back today without worrying too much - I'm looking forward to that! ;) And that story was cute!

Week 4

hii all how are you?!?

So i know i said last week i was doing better but yeah not the case anymore.

Im breaking out worse than ever before!!!!! I just keep getting a ton new ones everyday. It sucks. Im hoping to be clear before school but right now thats not the case. Im on vacation right now and i dont even want to leave my house. It sucks. I know i just have to go through it because one day ill have clear skin but hey i can still be insecure. The only thing im happy about is my nose. ALL MY BLACKHEADS FELL OUT!!!!! my nose chin and like part of my cheek would be covered now there all gone and not sandpapery its soooo nice thats the only part of my face im happy about cuz everything else is breaking out! like crazy. I guess this is the true IB...ughh

Lips: dryy

Face: oily yesterday but a little less today

Arms and back:sore

I had wierd bumps that burned on my arm but i kept lotioning it and its gone now for now.

I think thats it.

Story of the week: I dont really have any...i was at a beach..it was nice.... hahha everyones skin looks amazing here. I hung out with this really cute guy and my friend because its her cousin ;) but oh well he lives FAR away..

ooh yeah and yesterday i started BCP so lets see what this does to my face.

hope everyone is doing well.

live, laugh, love

Live2sing

Begining of month number 2!

Ah so i went to the derm yesterday? he said my skin was looking good...okay anyway but i told him i wasnt getting dry skin at all..so he doubled my dose..i told him i didnt wanna but my say means nothing. He told me not to moisterize to much because he wants my skin dry dry dry...

SKin: not nearly as bad as last week..thank goodness...im thinking because i was on vacation and in a different environment could have added to the fact that i broke out like i did in the middle of the week.? maybe or maybe it was the tane who knows. but right now if my bangs are in place my skin doesnt look too bad:) i really would put up pics but idk............

lips: dry..hurt around the edges.

back pains when i lay down.

nothign else really to update on

now im taking 40 in the morning and 40 at night...seems like alot..im only 105 lbs but my doctor really wants me to get my skin dry...and right now its NOT DRY AT ALL! so we'll see what happens.

School starts in a week..gosh i just want a fresh start for sophmore year...doubt ill get it but i no im on tane so im on my way to clearr skin!

peace, love, happiness,

live2sing

ps i dont want summer to end! its been such good, relaxingish summer hahah random i no but hey thats how i am! :) hope everyone else had a good summer

Ah to be able to enjoy a summer off, enjoy it while you can! Working stiffs such as myself have to work every damn day but the bright side, PAID VACATION DAYS! Anywho you have the right attitude about school, you may not be clear when it starts but you are on the path to clear skin. Are you using aquaphor for your lips? I noticed when I do not put it on religously or drink water religiously that the corners of my mouth/lips get very dry and uncomfortable. Well have fun the rest of the summer and I hope you have a great first day of school.

Ah to be able to enjoy a summer off, enjoy it while you can! Working stiffs such as myself have to work every damn day but the bright side, PAID VACATION DAYS! Anywho you have the right attitude about school, you may not be clear when it starts but you are on the path to clear skin. Are you using aquaphor for your lips? I noticed when I do not put it on religously or drink water religiously that the corners of my mouth/lips get very dry and uncomfortable. Well have fun the rest of the summer and I hope you have a great first day of school.

ooh dont worry i worked(as a camp counselor though)..it just ended like 3 weeks ago so ive had three weeks of hanging with friends vacations and relaxation before school starts...hahah

and i cant find aquaphor anywhere!! i checked everywhere target, drugstore, and supermarkets and stuff...where did you get it?!?!

THANKS im kinda looking forward to school..then again kinda not haha..

thanks for the reply,

xoxo,

live2sing

Do you live in the US? I found my aquaphor in Wal-Mart it is in the lotions isle. I also saw it at Walgreens in the lotion isle as well. Vaseline works just as good but I can only find the large tubs and that is pretty inconvenient to carry around. Vaseline can also be found at Wal-Mart and Walgreens, I would think any drug store really.

I'm glad things are continuing to improve! I'm your weight and started off at 40mg. I've only had a little bit of dryness, and my oil is slowly decreasing. A higher dosage may be what you need. Hopefully, since you were able to take 40mg with so few side effects, you'll be able to take 80mg without anything too awful. Best of luck! =]

ah really? yeah i live in the us...ive been looking in the chapstick isle never lotion never thought to look there but thanks! and yeah right now i have vaseline in a tube it works i just run really fast. hahahhah THANK YOU tho ill be sure to look for it next time.

and i hope i dont have too many side effects either...although in the past couple weeks ive had this wierd rash on my arm and now there a lil rash on my leg..idk if its from my dog biting me or the medicine...anyway i went to the derm and he gave me stuff..hope it works 'cause right now my arm burns!

anyway im BEAT! i had such a long, yet superb day! ah gotta love summer! =)

peace love happiness,

live2sing

Week 5...i think...

Okay anyhow..SO im now on 80 mgs of sotret...AND IM STILL NOT DRY!!!!! :dontgetit: (has anyone else experinced this??) I mean my lips are dry but my face is NOT dry...its not really oily though.

Anyways...so school starts soon! :):( 10th grade! hope its a good year haha random i noooooo....

So i broke out on my forehead..but my bangs cover it :):) love my bangs! :) Few small little red bumps around my templish area...but again my hair covers it.

Other than that some pigmentation from previous acne on my chin and a few on my cheeks mostly the right one. I wish they werent there but ooh well.

Back pain is a killer! omgosh when i stand up from sitting im hunched over for like a minute till i can slowly straighten up it hurts! so does laying down. THats really the only pain i have.

I think im more emotional lately for sure...like i have less energy and sometimes i just feel like crying but its not for reasons of acne normally just other things. but im really happy when im not in my house and when im out with my friends or shopping! :) so im not depressed at all i just get really blah when i just sit here doing nothing. then i just start thinking about things and idk get all ehhhhh hahahaha yeahhhhhh hahaha :) i talk alot :) i love talking ! cept for the fact that im a lil shy haha :shy: sorry for all the smilies......lol

i still need a first day of school outfit gotta look hott ;) haha

ok

sorry this was kinda a rambling response hahah but yeah okay..ill shut up now hahah

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!!!

peace,love, happiness!!

live2sing!!! :wavey:

wow this was a really peppy response haha...i was really hyper..excuse my nonsense hah

sounds like you're doing great! you should be happy you're getting the acne out of the way now! i'm 23 and people think i'm way younger bc of my acne. once your five months are up you'll be set! best of luck.

Hey live2sing! Did you start sophomore year yet? I just saw on your signature that you switched to 80 mg a day... how is that going? I have a derm appointment this week and I think I'm going to be switched too.

yeah i hate the back pain! its the only thing other than dry lips i cantt stand!

thanks you joyful girl! i cant wait for the 5 months to be up and i hope that accutane wroks for you too good luck!!

hey pinknpreppy: 80mg is okay lots more back pain for sure. I mostly got bumped because i wasnt getting dry at all but now im getting drier so i guess its finally working haha. And i start sophmore year tomorrow!! oh gosh hahaha

SO just wanted to do an update dont really no its during week 5 haha

so i was looking pretty goof but im mad now because i woke up with a white head on my chin ugh and two small but still red ones on my check! school starts tomorrow so this sucks. My forehead is still ughh but ive got bangs to cover that up. blahh why does school have to start!

other than that im all good with the medicine nothing major to complain about.

hope you are all doing well.

live, believe, love

live2sing

SO maybe week 6 plus a few days... haha or day 46...

pinknpreppy216: school crazy, but pretty good. tonsss of work though but its soo hott in my school which sucks haha how about you?!

Skin: doing alright a few zits and the rest are drying up. cant wait till im really clear though.

my face really isnt that dry..its kind of wierd. i was expecting crazy dryness and it hasnt been all that bad. but my derm wants my face dry so i hope that it not being dry isnt a bad thing?

lips:dry dry

back: really bad pain today..but acne wise clearing up alot faster than my face

thats really all i have to report. hows everyone been?

hi all how are you?!hope lifes been treatin' you good.

day 53

gah...i was doing well for a week feeling so good about my skin..wearing my bangs pulled back with a head band! ah then today i have like this zit forming on my cheek and it will probably either become a whitehead in a few days or a hurty one hahah (sorry i dont no the technical terms). also i have a couple white heads. i mean yeah i guess my face isnt bad but the pigmentation from previous zits make my face look worse than it is ugh.. i feel so selfconsious in school i hate it. i hate having people look at me for long periods of time. i cant wait till i have clear skin and have more confidence in myself to be more myself.

i hate these zits i just want them gone...and im stressing because of all the work im getting this year just making my face worse..then i stress because i have zits...what a cycle too bad i cant get that anti stress face wash ahhaha .....

is there anyway to like make a zit not come up anymore..? prob not stupid question.

anyway so i let that all out..kinda feel better right now..but tomorrow in school i wont. haha

hope you are all doing well!

peace, love, happiness,

live2sing