Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RatherBeSkating

RatherBeSkatings Accutane Log!

Hey guys, finally got round to starting accutane, I'll be doing 6 months of 40mg/day. Can't wait to see the results! I'm taking a generic form because it's more affordable, called Iso-Aret. Wish me luck!

Day 1

Just taken my first 2 pills (they are 20mg/each) with a full glass of milk. Obviously no side effects yet. Stopping using BP, gonna continue to use Hibiscrub and salicylic acid until my skin becomes too sensitive for it.

Best of luck to you. You've been so patient while waiting to get this stuff. I really hope it goes well for you! :D

Guest missyjean130

Nice! Make sure to use sunblock though...

:dance:

Thanks guys!!

Day 2

Just about to pop some tane, feeling a little run down, bit of a headache and thirsty, but it's probably because it's the first time since I can remember where I haven't had to be up at 7, woke up at 12 instead, and we've just had one of the warmest nights ever!

Won't be feeling side effects or anything for a while I think :)

EDIT: Just tried taking some pics, so I can have some before and after shots, but the camera isn't shooting the best quality for some reason. I'll sort it out later and post some pics.

Day 3

Had a really bad headache yesterday, but I feel fine today, think it was to do with the heatwave we had, I just can't put up with heat very well :)

Today I woke up to find a lot of dry skin on my face, and several new whiteheads. Didn't think I would start seeing stuff like that so early. Nothing else to report really, still using Hibiscrub and Clearasil twice a day until it becomes intolerable.

Day 4

Woke up this morning to find I had some flakey skin on my face and my lips were quite dry. I was also pretty thirsty, which is unusual for mornings. I suppose that means it's working already?

Remember I was also doing the Vitamin A thing a while ago, maybe that has something to do with it? Or do people normally feel it this quick? I just got the impression of the tane working at a snails pace is all :)

EDIT: Just looked in mirror, and my skin was very dry and flakey, so I put some moisturizer on, but rubbed too hard and it stung! That's a first lol :D

Day 5

Seems that my skin has looked like shit all day :( Maybe I'm having a breakout, or maybe it's just red marks, I can't really tell, I just want it to hurry up and be over and done with.

Skin is very sensitive. Still washing with Hibiscrub, which doesn't seems to irritate too much, although pretty much anything that touches my skin causes some irritation. I splashed my face with some water and towel dried earlier, and my face was red for around an hour!

Mega thirst aswell, going through at least 3 litres of water a day at work alone. I'm constantly thirsty, and as long as I keep up the water intake, I don't feel any headaches at all.

Guest missyjean130

When your in miserable pain,that's when ya know it's working! LOL

Day 6

My skin looks quite dry, but doesn't feel it at all. Had a breakout on my forehead, and the last time I had a spot there was probably over a year ago. My cheeks and jawline seem to have broken out aswell, with more old red marks becoming noticable :(

Still really thirsty, and lips are getting dry. I'll start using vaseline from today to hopefully avoid any bleeding lips.

-Missyjean, I look forward to the pain then :D !

Guest missyjean130

How much do you weigh in pounds? :think:

(why do we not use the metric system? rediculous...)

anyways, pictures please! Makes your log even more entertaining! :)

Heres a few photos of what my skin's like right now. The photos don't really do it justice, the camera is on my phone, so isn't the best quality.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...300708_2119.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...300708_2120.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...300708_2131.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...300708_2132.jpg

These are from a while ago...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...20052008477.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...20052008478.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...20052008481.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/Thom...20052008483.jpg

This is me acne free, a few months ago, when going through a nice clear period. Bring me looks like this all the time and I'll be very happy :D

Me a while ago

And then me back in March, after my tanning craze

Before going out

Guest missyjean130

You have the coolest effing hair :shock:

Ooh good luck, hope u see good results!

I'm thinkin about starting accutane in september after my holiday and when i'm back in london. The only thing I'm bothered about majorly is the dryness, oh and not being able to drink alcohol. How you gonna cope with not drinking alcohol? :(

Day 7

1 Week today! :)

Woke up this morning and skin was dry! Very dry, just splashed some water on, and it still stung and went red, feels fine now though. Amazingly, not got any new actives this morning, which I'm really happy about! I think it could be to do with the stupid amount of water I'm drinking, I'm always thirsty to the point that it hurts if I don't drink!

All seems to be going well for now :D !

Day 8

My skin is actually looking a bit better. It's certainly drier, like today when I got home from work, my face wasn't oily. Normally it's like I've been kissing a greasy chip pan. I also noticed that some spots seemed to scab up and fall off today aswell :/

I can feel one large bump under the skin on the left cheek, hope this isn't a cyst :( Never really had many of them before.

Day 9

Skin still feeling drier. Got a monster that appeared on my left side just near the mouth. Squeezed it, and it seemed to insantly bleed in a large area :confused:

It's almost gone now, with the help of 100% Tea Tree oil.

It also seems that I'm getting more emoitional. Things that would normally upset me a bit are making me really depressed, and things that would normally just make me smile a bit are making me really happy :) I don't understand it, but it seems that I'm finding myself at the extremes of my emotions a lot more than I'm used to

Good luck!! =]

Thanks!

Day 10

Went out last night for a mates birthday, and got absolutely smashed. I know I shouldn't, but I won't be making a habit of it.

Woke up this morning and the skin around my mouth was really dry. My skin in general was really dry actually. That monster on my left side is worse than yesterday and just won't heal! Got a spot on my chin aswell that's pretty bad :(

Day 12

Sorry guys, I forgot to update yesterday. Well, basically my skin is total shite right now. It feels pretty shitty, stings if I wash it, and I think I've broken out. I can feel what I would only describe as a cyst on my left cheek, although there is NO visible sign of it, it was only by chance that I felt it between the inside of my mouth and my face, and it feels pretty huge. To be honest, god knows how long it's been there without me noticing. Got a couple of monsters that wouldn't have been bad if I would have just left them alone, now they're stupid scab/red mark type things. Oh and I'm getting more red marks.

As for the emotional side, I feel alright, not really been out of the house, just waiting for things to calm down. Still pretty thirsty all the time. I'm just glad I've got a week off work, hopefully that'll give me time to heal.

Oh, and when I say wash, I mean, when I just wash with water, it stings!!

BUT, on a plus note, bacne = gone :D It wasn't bad because I had it under control with H&S, but I stopped using that weeks ago, and could see it slowly coming back. Normally by now I have would have moderate persistant bacne (which came on a few months ago for no apparent reason) but now it's gone! That makes me quite happy knowing that I have a visible indication that it's working :)

Day 14

Not really much new to report. Things are pretty much the same, except I think my skin is starting to look better. Less actives and less new ones coming up. Skin looks kinda different than I'm used to, sorta dry looking but not actually dry :confused:

I'm still quite oily, although I don't think as bad as before. I can definately feel it working, as I seem to be more tired than usual. Also, my lips are becoming more dry than before, they sometimes hurt pretty bad, whilst other times they don't really hurt at all. Weird.

No joint pain or anything like that yet. I've stayed in all week, and am hoping that by next week when I go back to work, my skin will be looking presentable. Currently it's better than when I started, and I'm still using Hibiscrub at night.

Oh I almost forgot, the strangest thing happened last night whilst I was having a bath. I noticed that my hands had become all wrinkly pretty quick, a lot quicker than usual, but the skin also felt really dry and very tight, even when they were wet. Pretty strange, dunno if it's ought to do with the tane.

I got a lot of those sore unseen "cysts" in the beginning too. Luckily, I'd say 90% of them never surfaced, but did remain sore for a few days, turned into under the skin lumps that still couldn't be seen, and now almost all of those are gone save for a few teeny tiny ones. Hopefully that'll be the case for you.