Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne for a while. I use a cleanser with salicylic acid once a day at night, otherwise my skin becomes too dry and irritated. I also use Azelaic acid for my acne once a day as well. My main acne trouble spots are around my chin, mouth, and forehead. I also have blackheads on my nose. I've never exfoliated and I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

First of all how often do you think I should exfoliate, and what kind of exfoliate should I use?

I've had acne for a while. I use a cleanser with salicylic acid once a day at night, otherwise my skin becomes too dry and irritated. I also use Azelaic acid for my acne once a day as well. My main acne trouble spots are around my chin, mouth, and forehead. I also have blackheads on my nose. I've never exfoliated and I'm thinking it might be a good idea.

First of all how often do you think I should exfoliate, and what kind of exfoliate should I use?

how often is more of a personal thing.... when i was using alot of bp i exfoliated every day, some peoples skin would not be able to take that though, but its reconmmened that you exfoliate at least once a week.

ive not used any over the counter products for exfoliating i use the home made method of baking powder mixed with some water

From what I understand the azalex is turning your skin cells over more rapidly so to help avoid getting clogged you should also exfoliate. I use a clarisonic skin brush, but they are expensive (got mine on ebay) ...the baby brush method described on here might be a good one. Guess it depends on your skin. Some people like asprin exfoliation and others baking soda. My skin is very delicate, so I dont like to use gritty things on it.

Dove Gentle Exfoliating wash. It claims to be gentle enough for everyday use actually. But if you aren't comfortable using it everyday just use it 2 or 3 times a week. I use it on my body everyday and have had no problems.