Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Negative_creep

The point when you dont care anymore and face reality

this is my first post here although i've been reading these forums for a long time now.

i spose i should start by explaining my situation,i used to have really bad acne,really bad,but through the use of a good wash and BP i managed to clear it abit.im now left with really bad red marks that haven't cleared in 10 months,about 2 pimples every 4 days or so at the worst,and thankfully no scars. but these marks are horrible,my complexion is very dull and the state of my skin amongst many other things has caused very deep depression.

im leaving school to go to college this year,and atm im using the vinegar method,a SA wash and drinking 10 pints of water a day,things seem to be looking up but i still get really down when i look in a mirror.but im at the point when im thinking about not caring anymore,stop thinking that no girls going to like me,or no1 will want to be my friend because of red marks and such.

im asking if anyone felt in a similer situation, then when they moved on found out that people saw through their skin completly,perhaps it would just put my mind at rest,and i can contrentrate on highing my self esteem and confidence and not keep worrying about my face.

cheers

yeah i went through that in grade 11.. i just gave up and decided to by myself.. every time i would think about my bad acne and this and that i just crack open my text book and start studying..

one thing that kept me goign is knowing that my acne is getting better and better every day

damn b i feel the exact same way. honestly i have stopped giving a crap and have some friends, but nobody really close. ive given up on girls totally, maybe someday it'll get better.

It does get better, and don't give up on girls. I have scarring all over my cheeks and forehead and hate how I look to the point where I never go out. I do however venture out on a Friday night after work with friends and do the local pubs and bars. Since September I have actually been fairly successful and have taken quite a few girls home and am now starting to see a girl from work that I really like and if is far too pretty for me. I hate how I look, but you now what, other people don't even notice and if you just try to forget about it and enjoy yourself you feel better and other people enjoy your company a whole lot more.

A true man is who rises to a challenge. Do not let this shit mess your life up for good. Just keep on working at it and you will then get clear skin eventually.

I suppose I am starting to care less and less. I know someday my acne will go away by itself. And up until then I can just completely induldge myself in things that I love, like music, good books, whatever.

I've forgotten about girls in a big way. I know I could go out and get some girl, but she'd be dog ugly because all the pretty girls aren't into acne-d guys. I can catch up on the girl situation when my acne is gone.

Another thing that helps is to have some kind of arrogance about yourself. Or perhaps build up some ridiculous over-confidence. It's hard but it's working okay for me at the moment. It also helps if you know your more intelligent than the people around you.. the biggest insult ever is telling someone they have less intelligence than you. It's a useful response if you get criticized for your acne.

Giving up has never been an option for me. Now that I am competely clear on B5(no pimples for 3 weeks) I am still looking for ways to make my skin look as perfect as possible. I am glad that I always aimed for perfection even when it was pretty bad, because I am sure f I hadn't done all the things I was doing to stop my acne, it would have been even worse. Hopefully my skin will remain clear and I won't have another zit for a very long time.

I've forgotten about girls in a big way.  I know I could go out and get some girl, but she'd be dog ugly because all the pretty girls aren't into acne-d guys.  I can catch up on the girl situation when my acne is gone. 

Hey man, thats how i feel too sometimes-it is actually how i feel now so i might not be in position to give you advice but am gonna say it anyway... girls and people in general not only judge you on you're face but how you caries you're self such as how clean you are and how you dress and most importantly, you're personallity.

I know this will sound shallow but here are a few things you can do: go out and get a nice haircut; a cool set of hair will make you look 50% better, workout, buy some trendy clothes but DO NOT copy what other people wear but make you're own style. Girls will respect you just on how you dress alone, it tells them that you took care of you're self and dont let a few red marks stop you.

Get out there and improve you're self man... you dont know how good it feels when you gain a few pound of muscles or finding a nice leather jacket on sales for half price and then go to the local pub looking like a million buck. If that doen't work then come here to complain again tongue.gif

What deluxedog said, have an attitude of superiority over people. That really helps in not caring what others may think. Also, I've found that most people really don't care if you have acne. I work at a food place and a lot of the lady customers are quite friendly with me.

I cant say that I have given up or dont care. BUT. I Dont put any priority on my skin anymore. It just takes too much out of me. I dont try to look in the mirror that much as that is the enemy. Im just focusing on shcool, Gym, and my job. Also I am pursuing my hobbies more. (Basketball, Detailing my car, Collect Trance CDs.

I still despise socializing. But I still go out every weekend and enjoy myself. I buy nice clothes now and it makes me look better. I also put more time geling my hair to make it nice so it takes away from my skin. All this stuff counts. Do what you can to make yourself feel and look good.

I have not been enjoyng my life since since 1999 and frankly I am tired of it. I want those 5 years of my life back. But its gone. Regret is a terrible, terrrible thing. Go out and conqure the world my friends. You you only live once and life is just too fucking short.

Hey everyone this is my first post! I've been reading the boards for a while, but I thought this thread deserved some say.

I totally agree with Tai and Allen. I've been fighting acne throughout high school and into college, but it's never cut me short. I realized that nobody cares about my face the way I do. People don't stare at the tiny pimples on my face like I do. It's not always as bad as what you see in the mirror (because lets admit it, we're about two inches from the mirror looking at each pore). I had friends because of my personality, and not my complexion. Who would you want to hang out with anyways?

I think that any girl worth having isn't going to flip out over some red marks on your face. I've known girls with acne who never had trouble getting dates.

Just my 2 cents wink.gif

Yeah dude. Looking into my bathroom mirror from like 5 feet away is a lot different than looking into a handheld mirror like 5 inches away. So I just tell myself that everyone is looking at me from the bathroom mirror perspective and therefore hardly notice anything negative about my face.

I dont think its about girls and socializing... for me atleast its about me looking my BEST. Whenever I look my best my confidence sky rockets. When I dont look my best (Acne, Scars) I dont feel as good. im sure i magnify my problems to the 10th degree while everyone else im around thinks its not a big deal, but I want to look good for MYSELF, not for anyone else. But alas I have to rely on achievements and working out to make me fool good instead of my looks.

I feel the same way. A few products have brought me down to 1-2 pimples at a time from what used to be horrible acne, but I have like 1000 red marks on my asian skin that will never fade. Most of them didnt even come from acne, but from other inflammation from harsh products I used and such. I recently asked out a guy (yes, im a guy too), and he said yea. But he hasn't seen me in sunlight, only at parties and clubs, so I am afraid he won't like me when he sees all my marks in real lighting. =/